I am not ready for it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justified

Refugee
to settle down quite yet. I may bitch and moan from time and time about not having a boyfriend, but with the events that have been unfolding over the past 3 mths or so, I have decided I am not ready to settle down. I am having fun with the dating game. :up:

So is this a polite way of saying that you're turning down my proposal? :sad: hehe Seriously though, it's good to get all of this out of the way before you're thrown into a commitment that you aren't ready for. :yes:

:up: You only go around once - that is my motto. I live with my boyfriend, and am constantly asked "when are you getting married and having kids?" but the truth is that I am really a late bloomer, and intend to look under every rock before I even consider "settling" down in any sense.

Enjoy your independence! Too many people don't even know that's an option! :up:

I am not ready to say "I Love You" either. For the first time ever I was told by someone that they "Love me". I didn't have a response. It freaked me out, because this was not the same as "oh I love you because you are my friend" deal it was something more than that. :sigh:

Once a guy I was friends with told me he loved me and it was really scary so I ignored him and just pretended like I didn't hear him, and then he dropped out of college. :uhoh:

I've always been ready to settle down, though...since I was like three. :| I was never a casual dating type. Or a dating type at all, for that matter. :laugh:

I tried to ignore him yesterday but we ended up talking for a bit. However, while all of us *my friends* were out at the music festival yesterday, half of them left to go see Wyclef and left me with him, I freaked out and ran off to join them, leaving him there with everyone else. :reject: When I finally saw him at the end of the evening, he asked how I was doing *since I was soaking wet from standing out in the rain all evening*, I told him I was well but tired and once again I bolted. :der:

He and I have more than a simple friendship going on but I was not expecting to hear I Love You, ever to come out of this whole situation. :huh:

Yeah I know. One of my best friends told me last night that I should talk to him to see what is going on and to explain where I am. :huh:

:hug: to all who are wondering about this dating thing. :hug:

aww, you know my ass has been well not in the dating loop in years. All of this stuff just started happening when I befriended a bunch of friends of one of my best friends. I did not anticipate that I would end up in a dating circle with any of them. It just well happend. :shrug: I am not upset that it has because I am enjoying it but I do not want feelings to get hurt, especially since my social circle is very close to one another. I swear at times I feel like I am living in my own reality and sitcom series.

Back
Top Bottom