I am not allowed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamswildhoney

ONE love, blood, life
to watch any of my U2 videos/dvds when my parents are home bc they are sick of hearing U2 all the time, well not all the time, but most the time from my room!! :lmao:

yes I do realize I am not a little kid anymore but my parents treat me like 1!! :sigh:

Dad wishes I'd listen to more U2 because he doesn't like Ryan and some of the other stuff I've been listening to lately.

*earlier today in the car*

BC: *puts in CD*

BC's Dad: What CD is that?

BC: The new White Stripes.

*listens*

BC's Dad: They need to learn how to play their instruments and THEN make a record.

BC: Oh, and I don't suppose YOU'VE released any albums lately!

BC's Dad: I wouldn't make albums if I sounded like that.

:shocked: :mad:

you could get your own tv/vcr/dvd in your room that way you can do what you want. I live at home and in order for me to have some privacy I had to make a choice and decide if I wanted to only be able to enjoy my videos/dvds when my parents are gone, which is rare, or get my own stuff. I got my own stuff and it's been great. Plus, it's less stuff for me to have to worry about getting when I actually do move out.

Bonochick said:
Dad wishes I'd listen to more U2 because he doesn't like Ryan and some of the other stuff I've been listening to lately.

*listens*

BC's Dad: They need to learn how to play their instruments and THEN make a record.

:lol: do you get "crap production, can't hear their bassist" too?

I listen to my music on headphones most of the time, but my friends are sick about me extolling the virtues of Blur in class.

i'm not allowed to listen to anyhing that mihgt be considered punk rock at home

arw9797 said:
you could get your own tv/vcr/dvd in your room that way you can do what you want. I live at home and in order for me to have some privacy I had to make a choice and decide if I wanted to only be able to enjoy my videos/dvds when my parents are gone, which is rare, or get my own stuff. I got my own stuff and it's been great. Plus, it's less stuff for me to have to worry about getting when I actually do move out.

trust me I would do that but I dont have a tv jack in my room or a phone jack for that matter!!! I would totally have a tv and vcr(I already have a dvd/cdplayer) if I had the right type of outlet in my room!!:yes:

IWB, that really sucks!! what are you allowed to listen to then???:shrug:

i'm allowed to listne to the non-punk bands that i like...it's funny cos i started telling my mom about how this singer in this one band i like was working on his ph.d at cornell and she was really surprised and said she'd be interested in hearing what kind of music it was...i laughed and said it was bad religion

what kind of heating do you have in your house? because it's really easy to run wires through intake vents and have them come out near the correct wall plug :shifty:

adamswildhoney said:

trust me I would do that but I dont have a tv jack in my room or a phone jack for that matter!!! I would totally have a tv and vcr(I already have a dvd/cdplayer) if I had the right type of outlet in my room!!:yes:

:eyebrow: you just plug the tv into the wall. the only jack you would need is for cable.

adamswildhoney said:
Gas heating!! I know I have no chance in trying to make the wiring work in my room bc my dad wont allow it!! :slant:

i meant do you have air vents or baseboard, etc.

how could he get angry if you creativly found a way to hook it up? :angel:

Bonochick said:

*listens*

you're dad has a point. :wave:

IWasBored said:

i meant do you have air vents or baseboard, etc.

how could he get angry if you creativly found a way to hook it up? :angel:

:laugh: air vents! he gets mad at anything and I get blame for everything so he would fine a way :lol:

adamswildhoney said:

:laugh: air vents! he gets mad at anything and I get blame for everything so he would fine a way :lol:

air vents, you say? well it's worth a try...

Bonochick said:

Well, fine!!!!!!! Why don't you buy my dad some ice cream and go to the zoo together?!?!??!?!??!?! :mad:

:laugh:

Well, he's going to have to come out here where it's warm. I'll buy the ice cream and he can pay for the zoo. :wave:

Bonochick said:

*listens*

:lol: :up:

i have been told in the past that i can't play U2 anymore. lol. now Coldplay is on the list of "ENOUGH ALREADY" :reject: thank god i am listening to other music now. :up:

lol my cousin in Texas IM me the other night and i told her i just back from a concert she asked me "who did you see?" i told her "damien rice, he is from Ireland" she responds, "of course! that is all you go care about these days Ireland or England ;) " me to her: :angry:

Do your parents know all of your U2 videos? I listen to mine all the time but my parents would never recognise U2 from, say, N*sync (even though I think that's heresy ...)

Anyway, why not find something of U2's that your parents haven't seen before? Then if they tell you to turn off your U2, you can say it's a new band ...

~*Buffalo*~ said:
Do your parents know all of your U2 videos? I listen to mine all the time but my parents would never recognise U2 from, say, N*sync (even though I think that's heresy ...)

Anyway, why not find something of U2's that your parents haven't seen before? Then if they tell you to turn off your U2, you can say it's a new band ...

See that wouldnt work in my house bc my parents are also U2 fans but not to the degree that I am :lmao:

My parents know nothing of U2 I wished they would though. Mom's always like, "Oh that guy... that you like... " to Bono, my dad's oblivious and my sister of course would know always goes, "Turn it off." I think they come to appreciate U2 a little more because I constantly play Fleetwood Mac now.

my mom likes U2 (Bono) because she is an avid Rolling Stones Fan (Mick Jagger!!!) and their are friends :D :D :D
so she doesn't get thta sick of them that easily ;) and if she does I just tell her some Bono/ Mick storei or show her a pic of them :rofl:

deeppink hehe!...my dad is in the "i can be your friend too" mood, and when he sees a U2 video on Tv he calls me to see it with him... I feel a little weird with that because my dad hated U2 when I was 14 but he realized that maybe U2 is the only way to get closer to me

:eeklaugh:

Back
Top Bottom