I am irresponsible with money...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bbug

Acrobat
I bought a copy of les miserables today. It's this giant doorstop of a book...I should've bought a used one at least

and also-- I'm a nerd. I mean, even this confession is nerdy. Blecch. I make myself sick.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Hey...you're looking at the girl who bough the unabridged version of The Count of Monte Cristo.

I spent ages several years ago, trying to find the best unabridged copy of that book.

Yes, I did research to buy a book.

:reject:

At least its only a book you do this kind of thing with...All the things I've bought on spur of the moment choices...the car...a house....a $500 kitten....

Lotto :sad:

OMG this thread makes me feel better. Beebs, I also bought the doorstop copy of Les Mis ... it ROCKED.

*nerd fest*

Man, I dunno what's happening with my rent either, but seeing other ppl are irresponsible ass-wipes makes me feel MUCH better. I mean I am BROKE, I have $20 left, and I went out last night and bought GOLD PAINT!!!!

WTF?

I know.

Well, back then, you were paid by the word, so Victor Hugo wrote a bloated book on purpose. I have a feeling he would have made the book shorter otherwise.

Melon

I bought myself a $20 dinner on Friday, although I should be saving for upcoming trips...plus I don't have a job anymore. But I figured, hey, I'm worth those crabcakes!

:drool:

meegannie said:

I spent ages several years ago, trying to find the best unabridged copy of that book.

Yes, I did research to buy a book.

I actually picked mine up in a used bookstore in Florida last year. I would more accomplished if I actually read it.

Which copy did you end up getting?

Angela Harlem said:

At least its only a book you do this kind of thing with...All the things I've bought on spur of the moment choices...the car...a house....a $500 kitten....

Yeah, but angie, a house you actually LIVE in....right? isn't that a good thing? besides, wasn't boof there too?

Back
Top Bottom