I am fat.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know how you feel, Gheto, awhile ago, i only weighed 107 lbs, yet i thought i was fat. I looked in the mirror, and my face looked chubby.
Finally my friend pointed out to me that i'm not fat at all, i just have a slight babyface :) Thats prolly your problem too, plus society telling women that we have to be anorexic. Its disgusting.

But youre fine, and i need to gain weight right now, not lose,lol.
And as for them telling you that youre body fat is too high, thats really weird because ive been to military bases, and at this one AFB there was a girl there who was WAAAAY overweight. Nice girl, and i'm glad they didnt kick her out, but then why pick on you??
That doesnt make since at all.

I'm with nellie on this. There's a hellava big difference between being overweight, having an eating disorder, and having low self esteem. All 3 are different. It annoys the absolute fuck out of me to hear people with low self esteem call themselves fat. You suffer from low confidence, not a damn weight problem.
Take a look in the mirror and assess yourself properly. You are not blind. I would love to tell you that you are a beautiful and healthy looking girl, and I guess I just did, but you cannot rely on others to feed you this. You have to see it for yourself. We all do.
I feel down a lot about my weight. It is not ideal by anyone's standards. But I know I have many other great qualities that I try to remind myself of to get me my good feelings back.

Actually, sorry as well gheto, I know this was most likely posted in a feeling of low self worth. We all get them and I probably sound like a heartless bitch now. Everyone needs a boost every now and then. But if you go through this regularly, try to work it out. Dont give up and be defeated.

Ghetto-

Personally, I think you're precious, and anyone who made you feel as though you were fat should have really bad things happen to them.

I know how you feel, though. I just recently ended an on again off again relationship with someone I loved that flat out told me I was fat a number of times: "You'd look a lot better if you stuck to going to the gym" or "You could stand to lose a few pounds (from each leg)" with the last part of that muttered not so much under his breath. Eventually, he broke up with me because he wasn't 'Physically attracted to me anymore." It's taken me a long time to get out of the "I'm fat." stage, and it helped to talk to people who knew how I felt.

Wow, I've babbled. I guess my point was, though, if you want someone to talk to you, feel free to contact me. :wink:

Miss MacPhisto said:

And as for them telling you that youre body fat is too high, thats really weird because ive been to military bases, and at this one AFB there was a girl there who was WAAAAY overweight. Nice girl, and i'm glad they didnt kick her out, but then why pick on you??
That doesnt make since at all.

Welcome the world of the AF. The system does not catch all. Nor are all bases as strict. Plus, if a person gets sick or injured the get a waiver which means they are exempt for a time. At my height (5'4") my weight limit was 146 with a body fat percentage of no higher than 28%. That is the air force standard.

oliveu2cm said:
Heres my opinion on this

http://forum2.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50624&highlight=image

plus I think you look great girl don't let it drag you down. but i know what you mean- how it can. Go listen to some Mysterious Ways :)

My lapse in self-confidence was not due to media so much as a combination of different things. I in general don't have a big problem with my body. I never really thought about it before I join the service. It does haunt me sometimes at the fact that I was literally "fired" because of my weight. It was not job performance or attitude (even though we all know how I can be a bit of sarcastic and odd loon) it was because of my body. I think considering the circumstances I have a pretty good self worth. The other factor was me taking such a long break from the gym which I have not done in a while. So it was really just my view of my self and knowing that I can be healthier and have been and not being that way at the time. I don't know if any of that makes any sense. I ramble sometimes. Ok I ramble allot.

diamond said:
These days I look at people from the inside out.:)

I always liked Gheto unpredictable-gangsta-throw an elbow if necessary-type posting, hoo-hah!.

I would rather hang w a girl like that then say--Princess Diana.
A person who thinks..

diamond
:)

Thanks home skillet. Much props to yourself as well.

Peaseblossom said:
Ghetto-

I know how you feel, though. I just recently ended an on again off again relationship with someone I loved that flat out told me I was fat a number of times: "You'd look a lot better if you stuck to going to the gym" or "You could stand to lose a few pounds (from each leg)" with the last part of that muttered not so much under his breath. Eventually, he broke up with me because he wasn't 'Physically attracted to me anymore." It's taken me a long time to get out of the "I'm fat." stage, and it helped to talk to people who knew how I felt.

I had something similar happen to me in my first marriage. I was very small (5'4" 110 pounds) when I met my ex...I only gained 25 pounds when I was pregnant and after I had my son, I was only 10-15 pounds over my normal weight. I went from a size 5 to a size 7. The first time I put on jeans after having the baby, my husband started to laugh and told me I looked "really, really fat" and said I should keep wearing my maternity clothes. I was so young and stupid, I immediately got back to my pre-pregnancy weight. With my second baby, I gained 60 pounds. When we tried to have sex for the first time after I had that baby, he told me that my boobs were way too big and asked me to leave my shirt on. I was humiliated beyond belief. After that, the constant comments about my weight continued until I finally had enough and told him take me or leave me. This ended up being one of the many factors that led to him being my ex-husband.

My current husband has seen me go from 120 to 170 pounds and back again. I am currently back up again but he has never, ever told me I need to lose weight. He encourages me to go the gym, not to lose weight but because I have a heart condition and he knows I need to go for my health, not for the way I look.

My first husband made me feel like crap because "he wasn't physically attracted to me" when I was in his words "so fat". I actually think it was an issue he had with his own size because he was very small in stature and didn't feel like a man with a woman who weighed more than he did. I know he was very concerned with what other people thought too so I guess it was his ego, not my weight that was the real problem. Thank God I walked away!

Back
Top Bottom