i am applying for a job!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

all_i_want

Refugee
ok, its only a summer internship, but what the heck!

here's is what i wrote as a short essay for career objectives:

tell me what you think, please

I will say it up front, I am having an affair. I am in love with this thing called marketing. I am big fan of good advertisement. I get a kick out of good publicity stunts. But I am also one of those fans that follow you all the way to your house and hang out in at your door for hours just to get an autograph.

I have taken quite a few courses so far, but I haven't found them to be as interesting as marketing. I knew I wanted to do this since the summer of 2003, when I took a course on Entrepreneurship. There was a lot of talking about finance, strategy, HR.. all important functions in themselves. But it what it came down to was the customer. Their love for our product, their passion for our brand.

Maybe all this had to do a bit with the fact that, working in a radio station as a DJ, you go on the air and you are giving a sales presentation for two hours. You are selling the songs, you are selling the brand, you are selling charitable causes. Granted, you do not get paid for those, but a sale is a sale.

The ability to get people excited and enthusiastic about something, whether this is a brand of chocolate, a song or a deodorant, is not only a powerful tool but also enjoyable.

My infatuation with marketing has only gotten more severe lately. Following marketing campaigns, commercials, clever last minute publicity..

So when I talked to one of my professors, he told me 'If you want to excel at something, you should work with the best in the area' This is why I am applying for an internship at P&G.

I know I am going to work in marketing field, this love will just won't let go, but I would love to have this career in a prestigious and innovative company as ***.

Thanks!

Awesome!

Maybe you can help me with a cover letter for a career change into the music biz?

Last edited:
well i must admit borrowed a bit from bono.

actually i have helped a couple of people to write their statement of purpose for post graduate studies and so. what is really important is just writing what you want, not what you think is expected of you. if you can send me a draft or something i could give you some more advice on it.

Back
Top Bottom