I am angry with a relative ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessicaAnn

ONE love, blood, life
More than angry actually.

You don't mess with my family ... It's not something you forget about.

My aunt (my dad's sister), several years ago married a man ... they were both in their early 30s. She was pregnant.

He has always been one who thinks he is the smartest man in the room, when in fact he is the one who does not have a clue. He has proven time and time again that he is selfish and puts his needs ahead of the needs of his wife and three children (ages 16, 7 & 4).

He quit a job just because he didn't like the way a supervisor treated him. Now, I can sympathize with this, however when you have a wife and three children to support, you do not just quit without having another job lined up.

He has a temper and belittles his wife and children whenever he finds the opportunity to. Those three kids are so wonderful (very smart and well-behaved) and don't deserve the crap they take.

Last January he actually just walked out on my aunt and cousins ... he disappeared claiming he needed to "find himself." Eventually he came home. It turns out this is not the first time he has done this.

For whatever reason, my aunt will not leave him. She loves him. What she sees in him, I will never understand.

This little disappearing act was the last straw for me. I don't want to spend time with him during the upcoming holdiay season. But ... I have to ... unfortunately there is little choice on my part.

I am very forgiving and not a person who comes to feel hate and anger very easily. But this is my family and I am so sick of the way he is treats my family.

I just needed to get this off my chest. This seems as good a place as any ...

I know that it can be very very hard to keep your opinions to yourself when all you want to do is just tell the person. Just try your best and I hope your Aunt will someday see what kind of man her husband truly is instead of being blinded by the love she has for him.

:hug:

adamswildhoney said:
Just try your best and I hope your Aunt will someday see what kind of man her husband truly is instead of being blinded by the love she has for him.

:up: :yes:

It might take a loooong time but she'll wise up eventually.

I've got a brother-in-law who came into our family within the past 3 year or so; married to my older sister, he's about 60. He knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING....except my name!

Seems that whenever we get together, just the way JessicaAnn described, he doesn't address me as Rick...NOOOOOOO, he calls me "Bud!" :madspit:

Will this be the year that he finally remembes my name??? I will have it written on my knuckles....Should I plant in his lip or his eye!!!! :lol:

Ugh, Jessica Ann we all have someone like this, I'm sure of it. I was just saying to a friend the other day "we all have skeletons, its only the skeletons themselves which change from person to person". Still, whaddya do? Like AWH said though all you can do for your aunt is be patient. Hope that she see's the forrest one day. She might need you guys more one day more than ever and she will always be family. Good luck to her, and you too.

Jessica there is always one in every family and they are always around spoiling the holidays. Mine is my brother in law. He has a big mouth and always wants to be the center of attention. Where ever he goes he causes problems. He runins the holidays especially Christmas. Just try and get through it and think positive.

Back
Top Bottom