I am about to reach a goal and I am now faced with the reality of doing it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justified

Refugee
what exactly is doing it? well that would be leaving my job after I mark my official 5 yr mark with the company. I will get my 3 weeks vacation, become fully vested in my 401(k) and have my stock options available to me. I told myself about a year and half ago that I am going to start looking for something else to do as soon as I hit 5 years with the company. There are so many good options out there for me it is a bit overwhelming. I want to take a few months off and travel and then come back and find a job that will allow me to finish up my degree and then I can work on starting my own business! :hyper:

Go for it! I'd like to start my own business someday and my Profs are quite encouraging about trying it right after college, but they told me personally I can't b/c I'm already drowning in debt (and I'm 19...). So I'd say, since you CAN, see what's out there and if there's nothing appealing, stick with what you have. But please give it a try b/c you never know....and starting your own business could be great fun! I'm the type of person that wants to start a business, make it successful, sell it soon after, and live happily ever after....

BAW and I built our business with the last $500 bucks in our account; that was in 1994...since that time, to date, I've investigated over 2,317 claims (as of today)...an average of over 231+ per year...I wish you the same success with anything you do but be warned....

Be Prepared to Work!!! good luck, I.

Justified said:
what exactly is doing it? well that would be leaving my job after I mark my official 5 yr mark with the company. I will get my 3 weeks vacation, become fully vested in my 401(k) and have my stock options available to me. I told myself about a year and half ago that I am going to start looking for something else to do as soon as I hit 5 years with the company. There are so many good options out there for me it is a bit overwhelming. I want to take a few months off and travel and then come back and find a job that will allow me to finish up my degree and then I can work on starting my own business! :hyper:

Good for you, Iris! What kind of business would you be looking to start?

I've got my own business and a mortgage right now - I'm 26 and it's all very weighty on my heart - but nothing really compares to the "flying by the seat of your pants" feeling every single day.... Go for what you what - you only go around ONCE in this lifetime.

I'm assessing a move to NYC next year, and am currently trying to figure out another risk - how the hell to sell a house, pack our shit and 2 cats and head off for the big city.. it's nuts - but again, you should at least TRY to go for what you want.. you know?

Back
Top Bottom