I am a shitty daughter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~LadyLemon~

I Serve Larry's Stick
OK, here's the deal. I've been a bit broke lately, and my dad has been giving me money on occasion to help me out. I'm not asking for it, but I think he just feels bad for me, I don't know...

Anyway, after my last semester I stayed at home for 7 weeks and didn't work--just went out with my friends and bummed around the house. Before I got back at school, I heard that my hours from work had been butchered due to budget cuts at the university. Have I decided to look for another job for the rest of the summer? No, of course not. But dad did feel sorry for me and gave me $130 (not including other money he gave me for doing work around his hourse while I was at home). This was to help pay some bills, buy groceries, etc.

I went out with my friends 3 times last week (including a nice dinner) and probably spent around $60. This week I bought a ticket to see Weezer and the Strokes ($33) and today I am getting Springsteen tickets ($75). Tonight, some friends from home are coming up to see me, so I'll probably spend about $20.

Yeah, do I have a point? I'm just confessing because I feel awful that I am using my parents to buy concert tickets and booze. Somebody please come and kick my ass. Thank you.

:|

Don't feel bad. What about helping your parents a bit at home in turn? That's the way I do it always.....

well, i am going to college in a month (eep). i NEED a new car. not like "hey my car is the ugliest thing i've EVER seen" (it is), nothing like that. more like "hey, my car doesn't shift to first gear very well, it has no air conditioning and it's 120 outside, it overheats so much i have a gallon of water in there so i can cool it down when it does, the brakes don't work if it rains, the brake pads stick to the wheels and stop me, the axls are bent..." oh the list goes ON and ON.

so i'm going to college 370+ miles away in south dakota. meaning every three ways i drive there's another 1000 miles on a car with 115,000 miles on an original engine. which is cool, cos there's so much between here and south dakota :rolleyes:

my parents have been like "ok, we'll get you a car" then no, then yes, then no. so i decided i'm going to go get a car. and i'm scared as hell. i don't wanna be a grown up!

and the moral of my story is nothing, i needed to vent.

and i'm sorry you feel like a shitty daughter, but your parents love you, so don't worry.

~LadyLemon~ said:
OK, here's the deal. I've been a bit broke lately, and my dad has been giving me money on occasion to help me out. I'm not asking for it, but I think he just feels bad for me, I don't know...

Anyway, after my last semester I stayed at home for 7 weeks and didn't work--just went out with my friends and bummed around the house. Before I got back at school, I heard that my hours from work had been butchered due to budget cuts at the university. Have I decided to look for another job for the rest of the summer? No, of course not. But dad did feel sorry for me and gave me $130 (not including other money he gave me for doing work around his hourse while I was at home). This was to help pay some bills, buy groceries, etc.

I went out with my friends 3 times last week (including a nice dinner) and probably spent around $60. This week I bought a ticket to see Weezer and the Strokes ($33) and today I am getting Springsteen tickets ($75). Tonight, some friends from home are coming up to see me, so I'll probably spend about $20.

Yeah, do I have a point? I'm just confessing because I feel awful that I am using my parents to buy concert tickets and booze. Somebody please come and kick my ass. Thank you.

:|

at least you have a consious about it. It would be worse if you did not think that it was wrong and there are people like that out there.

as long as you love and respect your parents, and appreciate what they do for you, then no matter. Think of them when at Weezer and Bruce!! :D

Girl, I am older than you and my mom still likes to slip me money now and again. It's usually when I am low on groceries or something and I usually end up spending it on a new CD, so you are not alone! Good parents like to help out, and good kids appreciate it. You are not a bad daughter.

*puts diamond and wanderer in the same cold shower

You're not a shitty daughter, girl! :(

I must confess I've been guilty of doing the same thing with some of my unemployment cash (thank you state of MI for allowing me to see the Boss :silent: )but as long as you do what you're supposed to with most of the money I doubt your dad will be angry with you. And hey, he was young once, too, so he knows a few bucks are going to go towards fun! :cool:

Angel said:
Good parents like to help out, and good kids appreciate it. You are not a bad daughter.

Well said my Canadian counterpart! She is right her Kristina - dont worry deary!:)

Like ghetofabu said, at least you're aware of it. We all have done this, like Diamond said.
Sometimes you just need to take a break, live at home, and do nothing...you're in school, and it's perfectly normal to take a summer off.

nope.....i don't agree with your confession.....just say thanks.....that's all they want.......and don't worry......if they didn't want you to spend the money, they wouldn't give it to you.......

There's nothing wrong with parents helping you out with money if you're broke currently.

There's nothing wrong with parents helping you out period.

OK, I'm not guilt tripping quite so bad anymore. Especially now that I have GA for Bruce. :sexywink:

11090365.jpg

:heart:

Back
Top Bottom