i AM a loser :-o

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
yes, the truth was revealed to me...i AM a loser

i was sitting in taco bell, after going to the driving range and hitting some balls. and that stupid Delilah show is blasting over the radio speakers in taco bell. im sitting alone. the place is basically empty. and over the speakers this damn Delilah chick is spewing her feel good touchy feely crap about love et. al. im sitting in the corner, drinking my mountain dew and shoving this crap in my mouth. and this lovey dovey couple come in and order. and then the girl goes and gets her drinks. and then she goes to find a seat. where does she and her boyfriend sit. right in front of me. lovey dovey and shit. and over the speakers is this crap song with this bad singer going on about how love makes him cry and his heart is like a fucking broken arrow or some crappy shit like that. and these lovey dovey people are gooing all over each other. and im sitting alone, watching this, eating my taco bell alone, and listening to this crap, realising ive lived in this city a year and i still have no friends here and i havent had a serious relationship in three or four years. and i realized that this was my life, and its passing me by, one second at a time, sitting in taco bell, eating shit, watching other people have love and be happy, while im alone. and i realized that im just a loser right now. and that sucks.

cant wait to move and get on with my life......

no popkid, you are not a loser.

too many beautiful people like you in this world are overlooked time and time again. who cares if you don't fit into a plastic mold? I believe that the people who are rejected just have too much soul...other people can't deal with it.

don't think you're a loser, it's what you are that matters and from what I can see you're a wonderful person.

popkidU2~

I'm 19, and I've never had a boyfriend.

I moved to this area almost a year ago, and I still really don't have any friends. The only social interaction I get is from co-workers and peers at the college I attend (no classes until fall though).

I am spending my last summer as a teenager working 3 jobs and living at home with Mom and Dad.

I am a loser.

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 05-21-2001).]

No no no..
Your not a loser! Look at all you do for people! I personally know this now..

It's just that it takes time to be able to connect with the right people for an everlasting friendship or relationship.

I waited a long time before I got in a relationship, it was well worth the wait.

If I've learnt one thing from communicating with people on the internet, it is this.

You can learn a lot about who you really are from how people who see the real you(not the physical you)react to you.

From what I have seen of you popkid, you are a very deeply thoughtful, passionate, kind, smart and funny guy. Definitely not a loser.
But I totally understand where you are coming from. If ANYONE sat by themselves in somewhere as dinky as Taco Bell, while crappy elevator music was playing and some horny couple were fawning over each other, they would feel like a loser.
Its got nothing to do with who you are as a person.

1. Stop going to Taco bell. God knows what they put in the meat.
2. Lovey dovey couples will always make anyone feel lonely if you arent in a r'ship.
3. Bad music can bring anyone's rate of Joy from 10 to zero in a spilt second.

YOU are NOT a loser. Anyone who has gotten to know just a little of you will tell you that.
I truly believe you can tell a lot about a person from what they express about themselves through the internet. You can tell the phonies straight off and you my friend, is someone who is always sincere.

Look at the replies, matey, do you really think cool women like BabyG, Bonochick and Bonovista would bother to say so otherwise?
I think not.

Just like me, you just haven't found your way yet and being the optimist I am, I know you will find it anytime now.

And might I add the coolest chick of all here Manda!

Popkid, listen to her about the Taco Bell meat too!
wink.gif
Hope we cheered you up as bit!
Look at all the females responding to you!
Simply because you are great!!

Just a thought...
I read some where that it takes a person over a year to adjust to a new environment after one has moved. Perhaps this could be part of the situation

You are NOT a loser, anyone who writes such good poetry could never be a loser, for starters! However, I think we all feel that way sometimes. I often get this feeling I really hate couples, at least happy couples! BTW Bonochick, I'm almost 22 and I've never really had a boyfriend (going out with one guy who turned out to be kind of pathetic for about six weeks doesn't really count.) Also, making friends is often not easy. I've lived in the same town my whole life and I have lots of friends but sometimes I feel like I've never really connected properly with anyone, and then I think about the fact that I really don't want to live here my whole life but I wonder what will happen when I move somewhere else and maybe I'll have a really terrible time making friends. At other times, I know that I have incredible friends, a few of whom understand me about as well as I can be understood, and I know that even if I go somewhere else I will make at least one friend sooner or later--even if it takes a long time.

One more thing, popkid, I think all the poets in Dream Out Loud have great stuff to share, but you are definitely one of my favourite poets there--I still think about that "Atlantis" poem you wrote, it haunts me in a good way
smile.gif

Thank y'all
smile.gif

No, I know I'm not a loser
wink.gif

You just get in a funk sometimes. It's hard being so far from all my friends. I hate the fact that most of my friends are either 800 miles away, or are like you guys...on the internet. I miss being able to walk down the hall or down the road to hang out with my buddys.

Y'all make me smile. Thanks
smile.gif

popkid~

May I be so bold as to give you a

*huuuuuuuuuug*?
smile.gif

Too late, I did!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

Back
Top Bottom