I am a KNIGHT! A dream come true in more ways than one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

For Honor

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
:bow:

:hyper: :rockon:

You know, I forgot that you are supposed to confess and celebrate the good thins along with the bad. I got the letter a week ago, and only now am I really starting to celebrate it. And it is actually that is something worthy of celebrating, and something that should make one happy. Even someone like me.

What's the big news? I'm going to an awesome college. I don't know yet if it will be in the fall or spring, but it doesn't matter much to me...

:bow:I'm a KNIGHT! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Geneseo is an awesome school, acedemically speaking included. On my trip there in October, I saw that it even has a beautiful campus! (#1 rated sunset in "all the land")
It's extra-cool, because the actual mascot of the school is a knight,

the Knights of Geneseo

And for me, I've always had a thing about being a knight - honor and serving and that sort of thing. So it really is nice, it will have a dual meaning for me. I'm actually going to go around saying that I am a knight, and even though I'll do it sort of jokingly, it will still mean something to me.

(I know that claiming you are a knight is sort of like saying that you are smart, or that you are honorable, in that it takes away the prestiege if you say it. But I'll take exception to that, I guess, because I should sort of tell people about college, and if I have an odd way of doing it, well, so be it. I think only two people know at this time, with exception to you readers)

Well, I guess I have something I should be happy about. How 'bout that.

As always, thanks for reading!

:dance:

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

.......:hmm:

I never realized it, but a lot is expected from me........

I will be the first grandchild in all three sides of my family to graduate High School; I am the oldest...

I guess this will be more of an honor than I thought.... and, not that I needed motivation for college, but I have to remember that a lot of people are looking up to me and depending on me to do well.....

But then again, that is a good feeling. I like doing things "in the name of.......", (even though I understand that whatever one does in life is ultimately for that person's own self....)

Needless to say, guess you can't, um, guess of my favorite song.....

"In the name of....."

:rockon:

Last edited:
Cool! As a medievalist, I hold the Knight in special esteem. We have special people in my medieval re-enactment society who (it's a complicated thing which I won't attempt to explain here) are recognized by the regional authorities as "knights" who are our leaders. We call them "Sir" whether they are male or female. In the Middle Ages they only recognized male knights but in fact the term "sir", etymologically speaking, is actually not gender-specific. The use of the word "dame" for a modern female knight is a twentieth century development and although they are allowed to use it they usually choose not to.

My only concern is that by stating I am a "knight" and all that, or by having a name like "For Honor",

that that would take away from it.

Like bragging about being humble.

I think I need to empty my cup a little bit......
but how..........?

......hmm..........

Back
Top Bottom