I am a complete and utter nerd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I am SO excited ( :hyper: ) to see A&E's Napoleon:

home_splash01.jpg

:hyper: tomorrow night :hyper:

i :heart: history movies, especially ones that
are done well like this one is sposed to be and
I REALLY love Napoleanic era history.

confession in a nutshell: I'm a history dork and
can't wait to watch a film about Napoleon.

edit: the pic causes horizontal scroll, so I made the text not in horizontal scroll.

Last edited:
dork!!! nerd-nerd-nerd-nerd!

Who doesnt love history? I dont know if thats going to be on here or not, but if it is, youd better believe that Im going to be watching it... Ive done about 6 or 7 projects on Napoleon for school, so this should be an interesting take on things :up:

Who else watches "History Bites" whenever they possibly can? - for that matter, whos even heard of it? I :heart: that show.

i'm a giant nerd alert too, othershannon

Sicy said:
NERD ALERT!!! :angry:

damn it all to hell sicy!! that's what i was going to say. i was excited to reply and everything!!

:mad: :mad:

:lol:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wave:

I hate history.

I wish I was more interested in it...I've tried...I really have. It just bores me though. :reject:

when i was 12 we got cable. first thing i watched was a 6 hour special on WWII aircraft on the history channel.

and my geekiness has only grown since then...8 pm? maybe i'll catch the end of this *prays for a short radio station meeting*

dammit i totally forgot about it...

*goes to hunt down a tv guide of some sort*

A&E sometimes sells copies of their videos either at the end of the program or website. Unfortuantely I'll be at work while this shows. Lilly, hope you get to watch it afterall... just wash your remote before hand :lmao:

Cleasai said:
Lilly, hope you get to watch it afterall... just wash your remote before hand :lmao:

we do have POCKETS you know!!! :mad:

;)

anyway:

it's on tonight, in about 9 hours.

i told my roommate last night that i (on my television) am going to watch it. she said no, that we're watching american idol.

no :mad: that isn't happening. it's MY tv first off, second off, her BOYFRIEND has his own room (why are they here all the time? got me :mad: ) WITH his own television....soooooo...

:mad:

:hyper: did y'all watch it last night? :hyper: well DIDJYA?!?!

i can tell you didn't.

well part two is gonna rock hard

:drool: invasion of russia.....exile....something that may be a surprise to non-history nerds.....more exile :drool:

I watched it last night even though I shouldnt have. Its been quite well done thus far I must say. There were some things which I didnt quite agree with; they may have overdone the dramatic effect a couple of times by removing all ambient music and camera changes and just focusing on the same thing for ten seconds, and over/under emphasis on some historical events, but even still it was very well done. I like the portrayal of Napoleon's ideas, his thinking to the future, his legacy, his love of art also, it gets to the more human aspects of him which is often overlooked in simple research - especially since some people believe him to be a complete villain, but I believe that the majority of those really know nothing about what he actually accomplished whilst trying to conquer Europe, nor do they understand why he was so adamant about it.

I will probably make time to watch it tonight... But as I said before, 'shouldnt have', I have a project of 15% of my business mark (33% at midterm) to finish for monday... which Im hardly even started, and since its about 110 short answer questions... yeah... Id be seriously fucking myself if I didnt finish it, what with me getting 100% in that course right now, a mark which I seriously need to boost my average... look at me talk, holy crap... okay, time for some willpower, no more internet till monday, and no more tv (except for perhaps part 2).

Ok, shutting up. :crack:

I love history too...lol. Infact i'm a History major :) If it's on A&E it will be on again...I didn't see it the first time, but they had it on this afternoon...I'll catch it sometime...it's not my favorite time period, so i'll live:lmao:

Lori:mac:

Back
Top Bottom