I admit....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I haven't been posting or lurking much here anymore... I don't know why... been pretty depressed in my own life... pretty disconnected with the real world and virtual communities...

If you see me, you might find that i post randomly and non sequitur nonsense ... that most of you guys might not bother to respond cuz you think i'm totally weird or something... of course, just go ahead and ignore me... cuz i like being in the black and not see or be seen....

I see you soulfomofo. What does that mean for us now? Btw I like the word non-sequitor. It has a lot of good qualities.
I had Chinese for lunch.

Well, I'm still somewhat de-pressed.

I feel I have a hard time connecting with people, even on the Internet. It seems whatever music eCommunity I enter, I seem to always give off a pretty bad impression to others, and I don't exactly know why... and in person, I'm very self-conscious.

Maybe I should lurk, but then, I feel that I should just give up Internet community in general and not bother stepping into their sites.

I really really LOVE rocknroll and what it means to me... and at times, what it means to me isn't the same as others... but these days, rocknroll on the airwaves just nauseate me... rocknroll is not what one buys into listening to... it's an attitude, one I think has subliminated me.

i don't know... i'm probably babbling incoherently and nonsequitor...

BTW, I AM Chinese. really
wink.gif

Are you really Chinese? Cos im pretty gullible and believe most things and if you were, I'd just continue on and tell you how much I love Chinese food. I could live on it.
smile.gif

Ya know the net isn't a very good place to feel connected with anyone. Its all false I think. People say, "yeah but you actually get to know the person without all the external distractions and superficial impressions and stuff", but I reckon that is one of the biggest untruths about the internet. How well can I know you by typing to you? (you're just my example)
To know you, I have to see you, listen to you speak, watch you talk and move. I have to know your face.

I say with all honesty too, that you have never some across as weird, at least to me. you seem the type who has something to say every now and then, enough for ppl to know that you're theSoulfulMofo. You post interesting questions in the Lem stand. I notice. I may not reply, but you cant tell who's watching can you? All part of the not really knowing I think, of this great big internet.

I cant help by offering the right words with your sadness. Im not good at that. Im not good in real life at helping folks, so Im at a loss really in here. What I can do is offer some equally irrelevant and non-sequitur stuff!

You may feel disconnected, but remember it doesn't always mean you are, you never know whos getting something out of what you have to say! I hope you feel a little better soon.

You know Angie, I'm not sure I agree with you. It isn't all false, or at least it need not be. If I thought it was all false, I wouldn't ever come here.

True, one cannot look an internet persona in the eyes or touch them or 'talk' to them... but we are still personalities, albeit in a disembodied way. It is a kind of community, though what kind exactly, I'm not sure.

But perhaps more a community of discussion, than a community of let's-solve-each-others-problems. Cause online or elsewhere, I too am hopeless at that. I don't usually respond to threads like this, because I often feel much the same as the people who start them, and hence feel I have little to contribute (little of use anyway). So in that roundabout way, maybe I do agree with you, Angie.

Yeah, really, I am Chinese...

But anyhow, I just feel frustrated how socially inept I am in real life as well as the internet... it must really make me somekind of eccentric... :/

deep inside we all want to be excentric, while we are all just very simple human beings

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
deep inside we all want to be excentric, while we are all just very simple human beings

I'm sorry Salami, it's eccentric, not excentric! Learn how to spell for christ's sake!
wink.gif

------------------
You will believe in me
And I can never be ignored

Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo:
Yeah, really, I am Chinese...

But anyhow, I just feel frustrated how socially inept I am in real life as well as the internet... it must really make me somekind of eccentric... :/

Its a shame you feel like that. Honestly though, there are a lot of folks here at this board who have professed to be a lot like you. If it will help any, know that you're not alone in this matie. In real life, do you associate with or know a lot of extroverts? I reckon they cant help but increase these feelings.

I agree with manda.

SoulfulMofo, I see you and I don't think you're weird at all... I like the things you post! Don't know what to say, but anyway... *hugs*
smile.gif

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
I'm sorry Salami, it's eccentric, not excentric! Learn how to spell for christ's sake!
wink.gif

it is spelled "Salome" not "Salami"

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Ha ha, Salome.

SoulMofo, maybe you can find some people to jam with. I mean, other guitarists, assuming you're one.

I never had close friends until after high school, but by then I had learnt to enjoy my own company/solitude. That's one attitude to consider, too, I guess?

foray

Thank you everyone for your consolation...

For the first time, I feel love ...

I would never judge you. Anyone who does isn't worth your time anyways. It may take time but you'll find people you feel you fit in with. Don't give up hope, we all feel a little disconnected sometimes.
((hugs)) ~Jen
smile.gif

You seem like a cool person...(you like Susan Cooper and other fine literature
wink.gif
) and I think there are quite a lot of cool people here...

but at the same time, I agree that the Internet can be misleading and I think that when you only see what a person writes, it's easy to make them in the image that YOU want...

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

Yeah only I can call him Salami.
tongue.gif

I agree with both Kieran and Angelina on this one.... heh if thats possible.

Originally posted by Sicy:
Yeah only I can call him Salami.
tongue.gif

I agree with both Kieran and Angelina on this one.... heh if thats possible.

Well of course you do, I'm always right (hehe jokes)

No seriously I will arrest anyone who doesn't agree with me.
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom