How old is to Old?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate to say it, but I'm guessing this girl was sexually molested. It's textbook stuff, you guys. A 15 year old GIRL with a 52 year man = very serious, sad and disturbing history.

I once dated someone 11 years older than me when was 22... I never have really had a problem with age differences, mainly because my parents are 10 years apart and still married after almost 35 years. One of my pet peeves is the double standard that men cant date women older than them! I personally dont know if I could do it, but if someone else wants to... I have no problem. But ANYWAYS...:D

In the long run, I have personally found that dating someone close in age helps things out. I found that goals, interest etc tend to be more on the same page!

joyfulgirl said:
I hate to say it, but I'm guessing this girl was sexually molested. It's textbook stuff, you guys. A 15 year old GIRL with a 52 year man = very serious, sad and disturbing history.

Thats what i was thinking but i dont know tho. :(

i don't think we should be so quick to judge...it's not our job....

i do, however, think this is horrible...and very very wrong

um....did you friend live in Utah?? j/k! :sexywink:

well, I used to date older men, but since my age is now closer to the age that those "older" men used to be, the range is shrinking. Now, I'll go 5 years older to 5 years younger, but not much more than that.

However, there's a trend in my family of the men marrying older women: my brother, my grandfather and a cousin all married women about 7 years older.... so who knows? :)

Stories for Boys said:
i don't think we should be so quick to judge...it's not our job....

i do, however, think this is horrible...and very very wrong

Oh, I think we have a right to judge. Correct me if I'm wrong but 'marrying' a 15 year old would be statutory rape in most states (or, rather, having sex with a 15 year old girl). Now she's 18 and can do what she wants, but it sounds like she's still in over her head and is probably quite troubled.

Last edited:
i wasn't saying it's not wrong.....i'm just saying that, however naive, she most likely was happy or liked the attn or something...

i think it's very wrong and the man should have known better, but i'm not going to say "o, he molested her..." because we just don't know......

that guy = very messed up :tsk:

Stories for Boys said:
i wasn't saying it's not wrong.....i'm just saying that, however naive, she most likely was happy or liked the attn or something...

i think it's very wrong and the man should have known better, but i'm not going to say "o, he molested her..." because we just don't know......

that guy = very messed up :tsk:

gotcha...

I also didn't mean that he molested her, but that when a young girl is drawn to be with someone 30+ years older than she is, something bad like molestation must've happened to her as a kid. Like I said previously, it's textbook psych stuff.

ok, agreed....but we still don't know for sure about her being molested.....i mean, it most definately a distinct possibility, but i'm not going to be the one to point fingers.....

hmm..lets see..I just turned 26 and have never dated anyone. I suppose it would be awkward introducing family and friends to a gf (if/when that ever happens) that was over 35 and of younger than 18.

15 and 52...lol not like 52 is on the brink of death, but has kinda an Anna Nichol-Smith sound to it.

Back
Top Bottom