How many of u guys want to go to Ireland because U2 is there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ireland, do u want to go because of U2 or for other reasons?

• U2

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Family lives there

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To see the country

Votes: 26 78.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adamswildhoney

ONE love, blood, life
My question is simple do u want to Ireland because of U2 or another reason? I want to go because I have family,U2, and to see the country.:wink:

Last edited:
I can't really vote because I have several reason for wanting to go.

First off, I don't want to visit specifically to try and see U2. I'd be lying if I said that I haven't taken more of an interest in Ireland because of U2 but I am much more interested in visiting sites that relate to U2 history than tracking the band down. Seeing them would be plus but I wouldn't spend that kind of money specifically for that reason.

My husband and I have been planning a trip to Europe for years, not just Ireland but also Scotland, Wales and England. We also hope to see Italy and Spain someday.

When we do go to Ireland, Dublin will be in our plans and more than likely one night at the Clarence just to say we did, but we also plan to stay in several other places and see the beautiful country.

We don't have any family there but we do have friends in Cork and would probably want to visit them.

I'm going to Ireland in less than a week for an indefinite period of time. I have relatives there. I've been there before and I liked it. I am generally interested in Irish culture. U2 is a big part of my interest in Ireland. So is William Butler Yeats, the other literature, the history, the castles, the horses, the beautiful countryside...

I went in 2000 to run in the Dublin Marathon...something I signed up for before getting 'into' U2. :D

Mysterious ways, no?

To see the country and learn about my family's history. If I bump into U2 while there, great. But if not, oh well!

I'm not a stalker, and so have zero to little respect for those who are. They know who they are, too.

firmly plants tongue in cheek

I'm going to Ireland for a week and I'm going to stalk U2 the entire time. I figure I'll climb the wall at Bono's country estate and peep into the windows. Also, I'll hang out at the studio all day every day and wait for the band to come out and then each day I'll jump on the back of a different band member's car and they'll have to take me wherever they go. Then my life will be complete. :|

Well, I've always dreamed of visiting Europe someday, and the dream always included visiting Ireland because some of my ancestors are from there. I thought of this long before I even heard of U2. Of course getting to see some of the U2-related sites would be a wonderful added bonus. I don't think I would wait outside the studio or anything like that, but it would be fantastic to accidently run into the guys in a pub or something.

Last edited:
i've always wanted to go there (even before i was obsessive into u2) because i think it's a beautiful place....but i'll be honest.....i'd also love to see all the u2 "haunts".....but that would in no way be the sole reason......i'd love to be there for a while and get used to the culture and such things......

i :heart: europe!!!

wheres the "I already live in Ireland" option :p - ive never been abroad and if i had the choice i would never leave the country but i will have to due to doing french and spanish but you have to come visit here if u get the chance its a lovely place and sure u can all sleep at my hooose :D

Did some one ask this a while back. Just wondering. It was the voices in my head. My head. shut up. NO. You shut up. YOU shut up.

I want to go there to see Ireland...but of course when I'm in Dublin I'd like to see some of the "sights". I also plan to be in a Guinness-induced haze while I'm there. :sexywink:

ghetofabu said:
Did some one ask this a while back. Just wondering. It was the voices in my head. My head. shut up. NO. You shut up. YOU shut up.

yeh someone did in PLEBA or EYKIW? i think.....

I always wanted to travel but just never put my mind to it. Last year when the whole Slane show was on I thought " hello, get to see U2 at a Castle AND travel abroad" It was a no brainer. I tell my family that U2 was not the reason for going to Ireland, they were only an added bonus :sexywink:

It was such a great experience (did the whole Slane package thing) and so I got to do the whole U2 sights!! It was great BUT I loved just being in a beautiful city like Dublin. I plan to go back next year to explore more of this beautiful country!:p

*sigh* I didn't read all the posts till now in this thread, but I think I'm the only one who wants to go to Ireland mainly because of U2..... *sigh*
Hey, but I admit it openly. :D

went to Ireland last year
beautiful country

maybe next time I'll go to Dublin
can't say I'm interested in U2 related sites

I dont know it there was another poll like this before or not i just wanted to try to use the poll thing to see how it works. This was the first thing that came to me mind!:wink:

among other reasons......

as I'm of Irish descent, I've always wanted to go and track down my ancestry (I've been told my last name is very common there, which might make it difficult). And the country always looks SO green and gorgeous, quaint and laid-back, and I always hear great things about the people there (not to mention the few Irish folk I've "met" here!).

And since jumping on the U2 bandwagon, and seeing how many "Interlanders" have gone over there to live, work and play (and meet the boys!), I've had a real *thirst* :drool: to get over there as soon as I can!!!

Of course, money is the big drawback.... :madspit:

Well I wanted to go to Ireland long before I was into U2 because I'm of Irish descent, so I voted "to see the country"
But of course now that I'm a U2 fan I want to go even more so that I can stalk U2 bwahahaha

Heck, I'd rather LIVE THERE...

I'd like to live there for a year or few... experience the Irish cultural life....

I wouldn't go there just for U2 ... (if so, this should be a PLEBA thread)

Heck, 20th century's greatest English novelist James Joyce lived there.*

20th century's greatest English poet William Butler Yeats lived there.*

20th century's greatest English playwright George Bernard Shaw lived there.*

There's so much culture and history abound in Ireland, as well as a future of infinite possibilities... heck yeah!

Go check out Dublin as seen through Joyce's eyes... Check out the countryside and bear witness to Yeats's words about Gaelic mythology right there in front of you....

It's like history, future, and present is all there in one!
----------------------------

*As testified by the Department of English Academia.

Back
Top Bottom