how do you know when you're in love?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

You seem to make a practice of leaving seemingly deep and insightful yet cryptic responses. She probably is serious, looking for clarification.
girlhappy said:
Yea, i am. I am not saying i dont have a clue what you think, but as Vintagepunk says i am looking for clarification.:yes:

.... which originated from my post of:

Originally posted by For Honor

Love isn't (merely) emotional

I don't see anything deep, insigghtful, or cryptic about it. If any one person thinks real love (as in, love of any kind of value between people), is purely emotional, then I think you are a fool.

If all you seek is an emotional feeling from someone or some thing, then I doubt you will get much more than that. I guess for some that is enough, but not for me. There is a mental aspect of love, particularly when it comes to chosing to maintain it, versus letting it go. Sometimes you will feel like you don't want to do something - but what will make you go through with it? Certainly not emotion. You can say it's will power, or just having enough control/mind power to do what you want, and not just what "feels good" at that moment, etc.

Also, there are simply different personality types. People think, interact differetly, and it's not just about "emotions" for every person. As I said, for some people, emotion is the only requirement for love. For others it's not.

This is nothing grand or special, it's just consideration of the fact that not everyone inteprets things in the same way, or goes through life in the same way. But ever person's personal "definition" of love, giving love, receiving love, having and losing love, needing love, whatever........ those are all personal, individual things.

Ultimately, I'm just expressing my own opinion: I don't see love as being merely and emotional thing.

I see it as encompasing everything, when you really choose to love someone. Spritual, emotional, mental, phsyical... all the dimensions of a persons existence. But that's just my way

When I hear people talk about things like this:
VintagePunk said:
Oooh, oooh, I think I may have an answer, now.

It's when you're fucking terrified but exhilarated all at the same time, and your insides feel like they're turning to mush. :love:

:angry:

I cannot really take them seriously. It sounds like some of those pop songs they play on the radio, where teenagers are talking about feelings they have.

Living off of emotional charges like that, and trying to call something liike that "love", or anything of value, it's just not something I agree with.

==

This post is somewhat rushed and sporadic. There's more to say, in regard to what I think about love. But really, what I think doesn't matter in your ..... "world" to say, in your existance. You'll find your own way, when it comes to love.

Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything at all, I don't really know

Everyone has their own definition as to what love is. It's different for everyone. Love to one person may mean they connect on a spiritual level. Love to another person may mean that they connect in a physical and emotional sense.
Sometimes love just can't be explained. It works or it doesn't work for some people.
We're all different ya know?

How I know I'm truly in love?
When you feel that rush of wanting to be with that person all the time, to learn about them, not wanting to be apart from them, feeling the butterflies in your tummy everytime you see them, communicating about everything and being honest, that to me is love.

I've babbled on too much. :huh:

For Honor said:
I cannot really take them seriously. It sounds like some of those pop songs they play on the radio, where teenagers are talking about feelings they have.

Living off of emotional charges like that, and trying to call something liike that "love", or anything of value, it's just not something I agree with.
[/B]

But that's you, ok? This is how some people feel. They like that feeling of love. You are one of those people who is not into that mushy kind of love. That's ok! We're all different.

^ I was pretty sure I went over that aspect in my post

This is nothing grand or special, it's just consideration of the fact that not everyone inteprets things in the same way, or goes through life in the same way. But ever person's personal "definition" of love, giving love, receiving love, having and losing love, needing love, whatever........ those are all personal, individual things.

This post is somewhat rushed and sporadic. There's more to say, in regard to what I think about love. But really, what I think doesn't matter in your ..... "world" to say, in your existance. You'll find your own way, when it comes to love.

For Honor said:

.... which originated from my post of:

I don't see anything deep, insigghtful, or cryptic about it. If any one person thinks real love (as in, love of any kind of value between people), is purely emotional, then I think you are a fool.

If all you seek is an emotional feeling from someone or some thing, then I doubt you will get much more than that. I guess for some that is enough, but not for me. There is a mental aspect of love, particularly when it comes to chosing to maintain it, versus letting it go. Sometimes you will feel like you don't want to do something - but what will make you go through with it? Certainly not emotion. You can say it's will power, or just having enough control/mind power to do what you want, and not just what "feels good" at that moment, etc.

Also, there are simply different personality types. People think, interact differetly, and it's not just about "emotions" for every person. As I said, for some people, emotion is the only requirement for love. For others it's not.

Ultimately, I'm just expressing my own opinion: I don't see love as being merely and emotional thing.

I see it as encompasing everything, when you really choose to love someone. Spritual, emotional, mental, phsyical... all the dimensions of a persons existence. But that's just my way

When I hear people talk about things like this:

==

Wow, it seems that you made an awful lot of presumptions about my experience based on that one post I made.

I was commenting on one aspect of my experience, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comments like this:

...then I think you are a fool.

are really, really offensive. But I'll refrain from stating what I think. :wink:

U2Girl1978 said:
Yea you did but you also came across as really arrogant too.
:lol:
"Oh dear me".
(Yes, I believe this is not the first time you've reacted as such to my posts)
Oh, and one more thing, U2Girl1978, I really wasn't addressing you at all - So I didn't exactly cater to your specific needs in my response.

Essentially, explanation of my eariler post was requested, and so I explained it. I was addressing girlhappy's request for explanation of my earlier post.

==

Comments like this:

Quote:

are really, really offensive. But I'll refrain from stating what I think.

Oh, you have decided to refrain, why is that? Surely not to spare my feelings. If you have something to say, I'd much rather you say it to me than imply things, or perhaps be "cryptic" about it.

For the record, this was my full quote:
It wasn't directed at any one person, it was a general statement.

If you, VintagePunk, were really offended by my opinion, then I'm sorry. I hope that the opinions of others do not affect you as much in the real world as mine do here, online.

For Honor said:
If you, VintagePunk, were really offended by my opinion, then I'm sorry. I hope that the opinions of others do not affect you as much in the real world as mine do here, online.

Could you tone down the arrogance please? You go around here, rambling, using punctuation incorrectly, spouting off your own brand of philosophical garbage and have the audacity to challenge what others have clearly experienced as love.

Knock it off, really. :rolleyes:

VintagePunk said:

OMG. Again with the presumptions. :rolleyes: :lol:

Comments like this:

Quote:

are really, really offensive. But I'll refrain from stating what I think.

So you weren't offended, then.

But my comments were " really offensive"

WildHoneyAlways said:

Could you tone down the arrogance please? You go around here, rambling, using punctuation incorrectly, spouting off your own brand of philosophical garbage and have the audacity to challenge what others have clearly experienced as love.

Knock it off, really. :rolleyes:

I'm not challenging anyone
I'm stating my opinion, because someone asked me for an explanation of it.

For Honor said:

:lol:
"Oh dear me".
(Yes, I believe this is not the first time you've reacted as such to my posts)
Oh, and one more thing, U2Girl1978, I really wasn't addressing you at all - So I didn't exactly cater to your specific needs in my response.

Essentially, explanation of my eariler post was requested, and so I explained it. I was addressing girlhappy's request for explanation of my earlier post.

==

Oh, you have decided to refrain, why is that? Surely not to spare my feelings. If you have something to say, I'd much rather you say it to me than imply things, or perhaps be "cryptic" about it.

For the record, this was my full quote:

It wasn't directed at any one person, it was a general statement.

I was addressing you, because you tend to come across as rude and sanctimonious to some people just like you did towards VintagePunk and sometimes to alot of people on here.

how do you know when you're in love?

When you are packing the valentines gifts to send them to your girlfriend and thinking about putting yourself in the box :sigh:

Then how do you know when you´re not in love? When you´re not thinking about Valentines?

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
Then how do you know when you´re not in love? When you´re not thinking about Valentines?
that was not the question and i want to stay on topic.

Rono said:
that was not the question and i want to stay on topic.

you could get a ticket? to wrap yourself in and send you by mail may be uncomfortable with all the stamps on.

Who cares about stupid Vlanetines? I never thought it was expression of love. If you expose your love like that there is something wrong. Love is a private&personal thing. I also always wonder how people always forget about other meaning of V. - friendship. If i had a boyfriend i would ask him not to celebrate V-day. But i dont have to worry for now:shrug:

my boyfriend and i are united in our mutual disdain for Valentine's Day.

we're going to go to Wendy's and then rent "Kill Bill" or something.

:mac:

Irvine511 said:

Not Kill Bill! :slant:

...... I'm only saying that because I have QT baggage...... ( :mad: ....... :shifty: )

I hope everyone can enjoy their Vday in some way, though.

Irvine511 said:

My daughter has devised a policy whereby everyone who utters the V-word should be hit with a fine. She literally tallys up what each actor/actress would owe, while watching tv commercials that dare to speak it. :lol:

She might get some of her cynicism from me, although I seem to be softening a bit, these days. :shifty:

I'm not big on the whole V-Day thing either, but I know (most) ladies eat that stuff up, so I'm taking care of business.

Got flowers and a bear sent to Miss imp13's school during a class she's in with a ton of her best friends. Ought to go over pretty well.

girlhappy said:
Who cares about stupid Vlanetines? I never thought it was expression of love. If you expose your love like that there is something wrong. Love is a private&personal thing. I also always wonder how people always forget about other meaning of V. - friendship. If i had a boyfriend i would ask him not to celebrate V-day. But i dont have to worry for now:shrug:

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom