how do you know when you're in love?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
inmyplace13 said:
I'm not big on the whole V-Day thing either, but I know (most) ladies eat that stuff up, so I'm taking care of business.

Got flowers and a bear sent to Miss imp13's school during a class she's in with a ton of her best friends. Ought to go over pretty well.

:cute:

that's sweet!!!

Not to belittle anyone's V-day choice of gift (and by using the shortform, I'm hoping to avoid my daughter's system of fines :wink: ), but did anyone see the opening skit of SNL this past weekend?

It was a man and a woman in a park. Cue the cheesy music. The voiceover started talking about how to tell her how important she is, how to tell her she's the one, etc. It's an obvious mimicry of those diamond commercials. He hands her a gift, and the voice-over reveals what the ultimate gift of love is: a stuffed bear holding a heart. All the other women in the park are admiring the bear with envy. Then the voiceover starts listing where it's available: "WalMart, Target, 7-11, any grocery store, your local gas station...essentially, anywhere!"

:lmao:

:bitterwomanwho'snotanticipatinganythingthatday:

:wink:

For Honor said:

Not Kill Bill! :slant:

...... I'm only saying that because I have QT baggage...... ( :mad: ....... :shifty: )

Tarantino baggage?!?!

i'm very curious - please, do tell...

I just completely disagree with him in regards to taste of what is..... good, or enjoyable. I mean, being a viewer is one thing, but actually directing some of his movies...

Sure I'm being judgemental here, but you all should know that by now.

I have to go , though. I'll rant later if I'm really feeling like it

I knew I was in love when I realized I was willing to leave everything I had ever known behind to be with him :love:
When you can take yourself out of your element and still be happy being around the person is a strange but wonderful thing.

They say that the In Love phase passes and is replaced by a more stable thing. More like loving one another than actually being all mushy in love.
In my opinion, you can fall in love pretty easily. Its the commitment, and the making it over time...looking past faults and stuff like that...thats the hard part :yes:

For Honor said:
I just completely disagree with him in regards to taste of what is..... good, or enjoyable. I mean, being a viewer is one thing, but actually directing some of his movies...

Sure I'm being judgemental here, but you all should know that by now.

I have to go , though. I'll rant later if I'm really feeling like it

Cmon now Killing Zoe is fucking brilliant. One of my favorite movies.

Synopsis
Zed's a safe-cracking ex-con who's just deplaned in Paris where he and his childhood crony, Eric, are going to mastermind a huge Bastille Day heist. Before his scheduled rendezvous with Eric, Zed spends $200 for a night with Zoe, an angelic, nymph-like prostitute. But their post-coital morning is rudely interrupted by the arrival of Zed's partner in crime, who treats Zoe like a disposable plastic doll.
On Bastille Day eve, Zed finally realizes his French connection doesn't believe in advance planning. Instead, Eric and his fraternity of drug-addicted pinheads initiate a non-stop, pre-heist round of drinking, heroin-shooting and pill-popping.
From the look of things, they may never pull this robbery off.

I've never seen it, but it sounds typical of his other films.

I'd probably dislike it, too. I mean... anything where this is a major part of a movie:

On Bastille Day eve, Zed finally realizes his French connection doesn't believe in advance planning. Instead, Eric and his fraternity of drug-addicted pinheads initiate a non-stop, pre-heist round of drinking, heroin-shooting and pill-popping. From the look of things, they may never pull this robbery off

That's just not what I call "entertaiment". I don't enjoy it myself, and I don't enjoy watching other people do it in movies, and then continue to do other things.

I mean, to each is own.

But that isn't mine.

PS: you can call me stuck up or too serious all you want, but I really just don't enjoy that in a movie. ANd then there is QT's whole attitude of "honor", which is obviously twisted. I don't know, maybe it's an effort to seem new and cool or something, but.... it doesn't work for me.

For Honor said:

I've never seen it, but it sounds typical of his other films.

I'd probably dislike it, too. I mean... anything where this is a major part of a movie:

That's just not what I call "entertaiment". I don't enjoy it myself, and I don't enjoy watching other people do it in movies, and then continue to do other things.

I mean, to each is own.

But that isn't mine.

PS: you can call me stuck up or too serious all you want, but I really just don't enjoy that in a movie. ANd then there is QT's whole attitude of "honor", which is obviously twisted. I don't know, maybe it's an effort to seem new and cool or something, but.... it doesn't work for me.

I see.

Well sorry to anyone else out there we´re derailing that thread a little. You just keep going on, talk about love ookeeey :)

FH, you really have to see the movie to understand it. Drugs are partly glorified, but you also see where Eric and his friends live. And like always, Eric exaggerates it, he kinda forces Zed into taking "something new". The scenery is great, they´re in a jazz cellar in Paris. Some things move in slow motion while blue notes keep flowing out of the horn sections´ instruments - and you can see them.

The night before Bastille day, they´re around with the car. Just with one sentence, thrown in with all the fun bashing and drinking they do, Eric confesses to Zed that he´s ill. "I got aids, you know, the needle". Zed "What?" Eric "Hey look at this geezer there!".

The bank coup is a tough one. They think the bank is closed, but its opened. Erics trying to get inside of the safe while the drug addicts upstairs shoot an American tourist who´s complaining, and a couple of other people. In the meantime, Eric needs another needle. Then the safe is opened, and they have all that Gold - but they can´t transport it, the police is already waiting outside.. Eric proves his authority by telephoning with the police. But then he attacks Zoe, who works in the bank, and Zed starts to quarrel with him, after all he liked her. The end is chaotic but Zed and Zoe manage to survive. In the end she tells him "Now I´m gonna show you the real Paris".

Unlike a couple of ther Tarantino films (I like Pulp Fiction, but always thought From Dusk till Dawn was stupid), this is just a great movie - the dialogues are real.

It may not be your style, that kind of movie isn´t for everyone. On the other hand, I will easily be bored by romantic english novels that play in the last century or before - all that pomp doesn´t do it for me.

Last edited:
i saw that movie a Loooooong time ago

the only line that really sticks in my head was:

"And now, we do heroine"....w/ a thick French accent

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
Unlike a couple of ther Tarantino films (I like Pulp Fiction, but always thought From Dusk till Dawn was stupid), this is just a great movie - the dialogues are real.

It may not be your style, that kind of movie isn´t for everyone. On the other hand, I will easily be bored by romantic english novels that play in the last century or before - all that pomp doesn´t do it for me.

If you are implying that I might like those "romantic english novel" type movies... no, I can't say I like them any better than QTs films. I like HERO, though, but that isn't completely his doings, thought I do give him some credit.

To be honest, I'm finding myself enjoying less and less movies, though some are okay to just "hang out and watch". QTs tend to end up annoying me :shrug:

According to IMDB, Roger Avary directed and wrote it, Tarantino was executive producer.

Topic - have you SEEN the price of a dozen longstem roses lately?? :tsk: Love is expensive. :drool:

:angel:

well i got my answer -- i know because we both basically said it to each other this weekend.

this is a big deal for me. i'm quite terrified, actually.

Irvine511 said:
well i got my answer -- i know because we both basically said it to each other this weekend.

:) its better to be positively terrified than to be bored.

Irvine511 said:

I'm very happy for you. :)

Don't pay too much attention to the fear. Emotions are often incongruous to the situation. Doesn't necessarily mean anything.

nbcrusader said:
:up: Irvine

The building of a relationship takes a lot of work, but is the most satisfying thing in a person's life!

thanks.

i'm already seeing some of this -- the satisfaction and security that comes when you've invested emotion into someone else, and from what you've said about your marriage, you certainly know what you're talking about!

Back
Top Bottom