Here We Go Again...(My friend might be a giant douche)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:
Maybe he's just not a true friend, you know? A true friend would recognize that you rarely find people like this, and would respect that, as opposed to doing his usual seek and destroy bullshit.

agree :yes:

You def should get in touch with her at some point since you did feell this way.....def not let the pontential go.

esp if your friends always after one girl or another.
while she might habg out with him, if you do hang out with her again, she might see your special quailities as more interesting over time.

good luck! :yes:

oh i see the story moved on.......

glad you got your chance & also talked to him....but keep an eye out for him.......
..some guys/men never get beyond a certain stage.....

anrtiram/snow & corriander had good ponts......

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:

No trouble at all. :)

So...do we let this thread die now or what? :uhoh:

Do we?

I don't know. Am I supposed to post continuous updates like that other thread? That was a pain in the ass, and probably wrong in several ways.

Oh but, YLB, it turns out Caroline is from Orlando. She was talking all about it last night. You live in Orlando right? Or am I just dumb, I thought that's what you said.

Once the thread is up, you are pretty much required to post updates until you either have akward bathroom sex with her at a party, or you wuss out on asking her out.

Lancemc said:
Oh but, YLB, it turns out Caroline is from Orlando. She was talking all about it last night. You live in Orlando right? Or am I just dumb, I thought that's what you said.

Yeah, I'm from a suburb about 15 minutes out.

UberBeaver said:

I think you need to make a topic in the U23D forum.

Every once in a while I'll venture into the depths of insanity that was once known as Everything You Know Is Wrong. Those days are becoming increasingly few and far between.

Sadly, I'm exactly the same Lance. :( I used to love it in there, and it was even my home page for a while.

There's been a few incarnations... the 'Mercy' forum, the 'Bash attyclub and hutdab' forum, now the 'u23d' forum.

'Knees and souls' forum next I think.

BonoManiac said:
Hold on a second! U2 made a 3D movie?:ohmy:

:no: I hope you're kidding that you didn't know.........if you weren't....have you been living under a rock?

:lol:

well Lance, I thought at first that yeah, neither of you had a "claim" on her, but it did seem that your friend was pretty much just rushing in because he knew you were interested, however now it seems like you're the one going on a date with her.....??? so :hyper:
yay!

:hi5:

I've been doing well here, but this weekend and the last she's had to go out of town, so it's been more difficult than it should be.

But I keep pressin' on... yes I'm pressing on...

05.jpg

To the higher callin' of myyyy lord!

Are you familiar with Yoda? From Attack of the Clones?

Trinity3000 said:
Did you call dibs on her? :wink: You shoulda.

I'm way late to this thread, so this is largely irrelevant to Lance's present, but given your track record, maybe my 2 cents can be worth something in the future. (I say that kindly...and I totally looked for signs of this chick on your fb wall.)

The dibs system is a handy one that can save lots of trouble. Now I'm a fairly aggressive girl (not explicitly with guys, just, I say what's on my mind and go for what I want) so that might be part of why I have no problem if there's a guy I want, telling my friends "dibs!" Dibs, gabriel, does not imply ownership, and I don't think it's offensive - just clearly expressing interest and asking others you don't want to fight with to back off. My (respectful male) friend who introduced me to the theory thinks "dibs" ends after 3 days if nothing has happened - you can't just call it and make no move, and you can't hold the dibs if the other person doesn't reciprocate.

Basically what I'm saying is, although the guy seems to have ignored obvious signs the first night that you were interested in her, you should have said something when you noticed the facebook messages, or even before it. I don't know why this never happens with girls - maybe we read our friends' interests better, maybe we just tell each other earlier, maybe we are more respectful.

Your friend does sound like a gigantic douche, misunderstanding and subsequent conversation aside. Both in how he treated you, but more in how he treated the girl - and mostly, I got the impression this treatment of women is habitual, to the point where it's caused him to treat you badly. Now I am not criticizing a college student wanting to get laid - but there are respectful, charming ways to get laid with a college lady.

(and respect and charmingness don't just apply to getting her in the sack...they should exist in the sack too. sadly, many college-aged guys don't understand this.)

Varitek said:

Dibs, gabriel, does not imply ownership, and I don't think it's offensive - just clearly expressing interest and asking others you don't want to fight with to back off.

Totally agree with you and the system too...my ownership reference was more aimed at losers who think that it does imply that..or anyone who thought that I felt that way...I agree, it's a way to ask for fair play...3 days does sound about right, altho I think there is a fair amount of difference in what one guy considers 'making his move' and what another guy might..

Back
Top Bottom