Here goes...maybe...a boob lift?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. BAW - You're just having way too much fun with this. :lmao:

I've actually sworn myself, my husband and my closest friend to secrecy. So the fact that I've put it in here kinda breaks the code. BUT...I wanted some feedback that I know only blue craic-heads can provide.

I've scheduled the procedure and decided against implants, BUT added a full tummy tuck. I got rid of my precious childbirth weight (15 lbs.) over the past two years and kept most of it off. Now I'm completing the process.

And yes, I've chosen the highest rep surgeon in the area for the quality!!

There is seriously nothing wrong with a breasts lift if you really feel like you will be more happy afterwards...

Just one advice, only do it if YOU want it, not because somebody else wants it...

Wow am I ever late in this thread! Heather, thank you for the lovely thought about donating to Jane Goodall, whether you do that or not, it was very sweet! :hug: Glad to hear that you have made your decision....you are going to look even more smashing than you already do! :love:

JanuaryStar said:
There is seriously nothing wrong with a breasts lift if you really feel like you will be more happy afterwards...

Just one advice, only do it if YOU want it, not because somebody else wants it...

All the people have been saying only do it if you want it.

What would make you sure that it is really YOU?

..Not only thinking of hubby, also about how society has changed. Ask yourself if you would have done the same thing, say, 20 years ago.

It would be a good thing to make sure that also your heart wants it, not only "you" as in "how you feel you´d be beautiful enough for society".

I have nothing against lifts, I just ask myself why normal people wish to look younger or fresher than they are. If someone of my family would consider a lift, go ahead, it´s your body - please just make sure you feel the pain is worth it, and you feel ok with it - not that you jump on the train because it´s a trend in a society tuned to anorexic models enhanced by computer graphics.

I appreciate everyone's comments.

I've been thinking about this for a long time. I've been completing a renewal of my spirit for awhile and I take a holistic approach to life. Balance and being proactive, not taking life for granted, and being thankful for what gifts I've been given from God are of tremendous strength to me. Having made this decision for the lift/tummy tuck, I'm surprised at how comfortable I feel. But it's a comfort I feel when I make the right decisions for me.

I'm actually a very conservative, shy person so I do not take risk lightly. Plus, my husband is very supportive. He would have liked the extra volume of implants, but that's not me at this time.

20 years ago, I might have gotten a tummy tuck. I've never had a tight stomach, despite much exercise. But, I knew I would have children. I'm finding a new energy being 40, a confident mom and wife and this completes this.

drumkeeran said:
I appreciate everyone's comments.

I've been thinking about this for a long time. I've been completing a renewal of my spirit for awhile and I take a holistic approach to life. Balance and being proactive, not taking life for granted, and being thankful for what gifts I've been given from God are of tremendous strength to me. Having made this decision for the lift/tummy tuck, I'm surprised at how comfortable I feel. But it's a comfort I feel when I make the right decisions for me.

I'm actually a very conservative, shy person so I do not take risk lightly. Plus, my husband is very supportive. He would have liked the extra volume of implants, but that's not me at this time.

20 years ago, I might have gotten a tummy tuck. I've never had a tight stomach, despite much exercise. But, I knew I would have children. I'm finding a new energy being 40, a confident mom and wife and this completes this.

Good luck :hug:

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

All the people have been saying only do it if you want it.

What would make you sure that it is really YOU?

..Not only thinking of hubby, also about how society has changed. Ask yourself if you would have done the same thing, say, 20 years ago.

It would be a good thing to make sure that also your heart wants it, not only "you" as in "how you feel you´d be beautiful enough for society".

I have nothing against lifts, I just ask myself why normal people wish to look younger or fresher than they are. If someone of my family would consider a lift, go ahead, it´s your body - please just make sure you feel the pain is worth it, and you feel ok with it - not that you jump on the train because it´s a trend in a society tuned to anorexic models enhanced by computer graphics.

I agree with you, people tend to listen more to society and other people's opinions than to themselves, or to their own bodies.

But I ask you, if somebody, for example, looks into the mirror everyday, facing an image she does not like at all, and it makes HER sad and so insecure, why not let HER choose to have a lift, because SHE wants to? And not because society wants it, or hubbies want it...? I think that pretty much says that it's really her wanting it.

For some people, it's difficult to listen to only yourself, not the society, but I think a lot of people who are choosing to have a lift done, should really decide whether they really want it, just like whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said above.

Sorry for the capitals.

Last edited:
I'll be thinking of you Monday and sending ya good vibes! I hope it all goes well. :heart: :hug:

I totally agree that people should do what pleases them. I have large breasts and a some extra skin on my tummy from having a couple kids and loosing 75lbs. I lost alot of my extra chest by loosing the weight. But I'd go for a tummy tuck in a heartbeat if I could afford it. I'm living through you, so I want pictures when your all healed up. ;) :drool:

Copied from my journal entry:

For those who faint (me) be very careful of major surgery :yikes:.

I am now sitting up, trying to eat normally and on manageable pain meds. all you who can manage to take vicodin God bless your highness. It just doesn't agree with me.

So I guess I will begin: Monday morning the kids went to school by bus...Mom went in for a little nip/tuck...

It felt pretty cool with the surgeon measuring and drawing all his guides on my body. "This is where your nipples will be moved" (looked exactly like Mr. BAW's drawing :D ) "This is where your waist will be". Even after all this nonsense of recovery I am still happy that I went through the torture. No regrets. :dancing: because, I am a positive thinker with HOPE!!

EDITED: Ok here I had gone into details of my issues. But then I read it back to myself and decided that I'd rather not have the possibility of something being copied and spread who knows where. The dangers of the internet. I am very aware that by writing personal thoughts in blogs we expose ourselves to all sorts things. For those who need details I will provide them via PM.

My recovery is proceeding, albeit slowly. I will eventually post pics. I even bought a special t-shirt in a size SM to wear. Desi(red).

All your best wishes were very helpful! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom