help with my brother!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

all_i_want

Refugee
ok, here is the problem: despite my best efforts i havent been able to convert him into a U2 fan. he is not even an occasional listener. he drives me nuts!

he likes stuff like dire straits (good), metallica (ok), malmsteen (does the world really need 6 minute solos?), beatles (do i need to say anything?)

here it is. how do i make him a U2 fan?

Trying to figure out your Beatles comment. You had been listing the bands from good to bad, please tell me you are not knocking the Beatles.

I left my little sister alone and she kept insisting she hated U2. Then I came for a visit and she had bought some CDs. :shrug:

so we wont need to fight over what to play in the car when we're on the road. and so that our 'band' starts playing some U2 songs - its just him, me and the drummer yet, he plays the guitar, and i cant sing, also drummer doesnt have a drum kit of his own.

apart from that, i think id just like to have some common interests with my brother.

you shouldnt try and force one type of music or band on anyone. it makes them less interested and more resentful in the long run.

i'd say just let him discover u2 on his own.

youre right.. i think. though its bothersome that there's nothing i can do.

oh btw, i just became the fly :combust:

Just let it go. If he doesn't like it, he doesn't like it. The more you try to shove something down somebody's throat, the more their natural instinct to throw it back up kicks in.

And hey, not everyone can be perfect. :wink:

I agree with not forcing him to like it.... he'll just resent it even more.

On a little side note, my sister walks in the other day while "How Soon Is Now" is playing and says "Hey the Charmed song"! :| Now she's getting "The Queen Is Dead" for Christmas! :wink: (kidding ofcourse)

I couldn't care less if my family liked U2. :huh:

My sisters taste in music is appalling imo, she doesn't like my taste in music much either. We never comment on each others cd collection. We understand we have different tastes. I never force my music upon any other poor soul. :up:

i agree too that you shouldn't try to force it on him. he'd just end up resenting u2 more, and maybe even you.

maybe you could ask him to go to a u2 concert with you if you didn't have anyone else to go with or something? just an idea. maybe he'd like them after experiencing them live, but again i wouldn't force it on him.

Back
Top Bottom