He was the one that got away...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missmacphisto

Refugee
And I'm the one who let him escape. :mad:

I sort of met a pilot at an airshow a longtime ago....His name was (Capt. ) Gregg, and he flew my favorite jet, the F-117. :heart:
I wandered over to it to take some pix, and he was sitting in its shadow eating his lunch. He kept glancing up from it to look at me rather curiously, then he'd go back to eating, then look up again.:drool:
It made me nervous, so i left, but i came back later and he smiled at me, stared at me awhile, and started to say something. I smiled back, but then I got self concious and took off again.
I returned later at my friends urging, but he was already in the jet. He was taxing torwards the runway, and the crowd was gathered around him, snapping pix. I ran closer and he spotted me, got this big grin on his face and waved. I snapped a pic, and ran alongside the jet till he got out onto the runway.
He smiled at me again, waved, then taxied away, flew overhead, and that was the last i ever saw of him.
When i related this story to another friend later on, she screamed at me for being such an idiot and not staying and talking to him. She's going into the Navy in a year or 2, and didnt even want to talk to me after my foolish behavior.

I really regret it, I mean, i could maybe have a stable relationship and a decent life now with the pilot of a 117 for Gods sake!!!!!! :scream:
A friend of mine assures me that it just wasnt meant to be, and she's probably right - The only downside to this would be that I'd have to relocate to New Mexico, and I just wouldnt be willing to do that. Not for very long, anyway. The career I want to get into just wouldnt permit it.
But geez, it woulda been great for a fling!!!!! :drool:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that kiddo, there will be others out there. I too love the F-117 as well as most of the other aircraft too.

If it is meant to be then it will happen again, hang in there.

Mua ha ha ha ha.....I know....
Thats why I just went to airshownetwork.com and noticed the show in September at Holloman....:evil:
Just kidding. I cant go. Merely a wicked idea. :sexywink:

Guess I'm stuck with what Ive got for now :D

Last edited:
well look at it this way....maybe something better will come along :sexywink: :yes:

Don?t play cool next time. Self concious would?ve been if you went up to him with your biggest smile and asked him for a ride. Running along his way to runway was SWEET.

Nevermind, others will come, others will go. You will see... I would hope for your date with Mr. F-117; on the other hand a pilot told me that they don?t have much private life, so maybe an affair would?ve been adequate... but keep going to the shows, you might as well meet him again and fall in love... you never know the twisted ways of Amor...

Last edited:
If your meant to be with him- it will happen

Like the movie Serendipity! :D

Back
Top Bottom