Half the man I used to be......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrush

War Child
well okay, Im two-thirds the man I used to be but that doesnt sound quite right.

After getting back from Cleveland where I walked a lot and sweated my ass off at the foo's concert I decided to jump on the scale.

I have been on an official diet since March and lost about 80 pounds. but since last halloween I have lost 102 Pounds!!!!!

I am now a size large and I have confidence up the whazoo.

I checked in at 191 this morning. (I was a big boy, do the math):wink: .........

I am posting this not to brag but just to let out how happy I am. I have struggled with my weight for years(middle school-grade school) and I am finally winning the battle.

:shocked: dude, that's awesome. Keep it up !!

I saw a pic of you somewhere on this site and you didn't look heavy at all. So, you are saying that you were almost 300 lbs? Are you tall?

i just looked in Lemonade Stand for your pic and didn't see one. Did't you have a pic posted on here at some point?

in the grandfather thread.
The pic of me at the Grand Canyon I weigh about 240. Im six feet tall on the button, Actually now that I think of it, I have to upload the pics I said I was gonna take of the craziness that is my life.

Yea , I was 294-295. Fucking McDonalds and there Monopoly Game.

To quote my buddy Maximus Decimus Meridias " I will have my vengence, in this life or the next."

6 feet at 290+ probably isn't the ideal weight.....

watch the documentary "Supersize Me" (if you haven't already), you'll never eat fast food again.

CONGRATS !!:applaud:

So far, I have never had a weight problem (5'10 165lbs):|

heres one from quite a bit ago on the way to NYC............I was being an idiot, I think thats quite clear, but its purpose is to show how big I was not how big a dork i was...errr....am, haha

NY002.jpg

here are two from today, the beanie is because of my hair getting up and leaving me. But hey , its a trade I will take -100 lbs. -1000 hairs.

100_0251.jpg

100_0253.jpg

Dude, that is awesome

I'm going out on a limb here and say that you drew that pic of Adam on your wall.

yes, I painted it (actually I painted four of them, there is a pop mart bono behind me. and edge and larry are lower. The bono is a pic i saw in uncut legends(#3) a year ago(page six) That magazine is completly U2 and has some amazing reference photos. All four came out great but the Adam one is my fav just of how well it turned out.

Numb1075 said:
hence your name, TheBrush

well done.

but make sure you don't wither away to skin/bones

yep, Im an airbrush artist. Like the hiphop artists that wear shirts with names and designs all over it, i paint stuff like that.

My coworkers fuck with me cause I always wear a beanie and instead of the edge someone started calling "theDan" (my names dan, and i laughed and said thats gotta go, and my boss comes out of the back room and just said theBrush and everyone at works calls me it when they see the beanie.........I should make up a shirt to wear while painting........"Mr. TheBrush"

There it is, the origin of my name. Not exactly as neat as the origin of spider-man or anything but what are you gonna do

Thanks for noticing that was Adam though. It feels good to have someone recognize what your trying to paint.

thebrush, you are an inspiration to those who need it. congrats!

Bonochick said:
I thought you were gonna say you had a vasectomy. :lol: :eek: :reject:

Congrats! :D

OMG! I did too.......or he only has one of what he used to have 2 of:shifty::tsk:

Congrats man!!!:up: that is awesome!

Congrats! That is really wonderful. :applaud:

(and you do look younger. and very happy. :yes: )

Back
Top Bottom