Guess what? It's another help-someone-with-a-girl-problem thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, agreeing with what other people said the other guy sounds like a dick so obviously GO FOR IT...but obviously be prepared for that whole "I like you but not like that." like a Lisa/Milhouse thing or the girl who keeps you around just to feel good about herself knowing someone likes her then wonders what's up when she expects it to be normal after an awkward asking out..

but anyway, if this other guy was just a hiccup in her otherwise SOUND judgement and she's usually quite normal in her choice of men, go for it. you're a nice guy I hope it works out. and anyone complaining about how many of these threads there are can fuck off :wink:

edit - SHE'S GOING TO UNI?! How far? If it's too far, i'm sure things'd just be difficult and what with her being attracted to douches it wouldn't be long before i dunno i'll shut up now

When are you coming to Australia next Barney? I could use a wingman.

I'm planning on coming soon, but I'm not sure if I'll be occupied for a while with things like saving the planet from a meteor, or something to that effect.

Dude, I'll help you out once or twice, but you'll see that soon after you won't need a wingman.

True story. :up:

Listen to me,

figure out how she feels about that other guy first. dont make yourself look like an idiot by just going for it and out of no where explaining yourself. see how she feels and if u feel the need to like she doesn't like you, try to get her jealous by just hitting on other girls. dont do anything so bad with the girls and dont make it obvious, but all girls want what they dont have. (you all know what im talking about!)

good luck, updates?

updates, well.

She actually went away for a long, and I haven't been able to do much cos I been working all day all week. But I rang her when she got back, and I'll be seeing at a dinner tomorrow night, and then we're going in to the city together Friday, and then we're going to the zoo, apparently. So she's up for it, I'm just going to suss it out, say how I feel, see what happens. But I think this is leaning towards being a Tim/Dawn kinda thing, without the happy ending. So maybe move on is best option.

updates, well.

She actually went away for a long, and I haven't been able to do much cos I been working all day all week. But I rang her when she got back, and I'll be seeing at a dinner tomorrow night, and then we're going in to the city together Friday, and then we're going to the zoo, apparently. So she's up for it, I'm just going to suss it out, say how I feel, see what happens. But I think this is leaning towards being a Tim/Dawn kinda thing, without the happy ending. So maybe move on is best option.

Oh, I don't know. Work things right and you'll get a happy ending. That's what I hope for when I meet women.

:wink:

But seriously, best of luck, dude. You'll do fine!

:hi5:

updates, well.

Good Luck Danny! :up:

Well we had the dinner, turns out we got the EXACT same enter score, 86.35 which is near on impossible. she cracked up laughing, we had a great laugh about it, and she now thinks we must be meant to be. Teacher also got in her ear about me :lol: So maybe still some hope. She wanted to bring others to the zoo though :grumpy: But we're stil going city.

Well we had the dinner, turns out we got the EXACT same enter score, 86.35 which is near on impossible. she cracked up laughing, we had a great laugh about it, and she now thinks we must be meant to be. Teacher also got in her ear about me :lol: So maybe still some hope. She wanted to bring others to the zoo though :grumpy: But we're stil going city.

:hi5:

no :scream:

i don't like this :lol: i'm pretty goddam sure of how she feels.. but she needs to know, for my sake i think.

gotta watch out for the friend zone in the future.

yeah man, the friend zone is a killer

if you dont believe me, go to the thread titled "im officially a terrible person" to get a perfect example from the female perspective.

if you dont believe me, go to the thread titled "im officially a terrible person" to get a perfect example from the female perspective.

um, I think that's pretty insensitive there dude, attempted suicide is something you should not make jokes about... Especially when the person who posted about it is obviously distraught.

COBL, I had several girls in high school who liked me "as a friend" while I would say it's not a bad thing to have these type of relationships, if she doesn't feel the same as you it is probably time to move on.

um, I think that's pretty insensitive there dude, attempted suicide is something you should not make jokes about... Especially when the person who posted about it is obviously distraught.
yeah, i agree with this. bigjohn, it's rather offensive to joke or make light of someone's suicide attempt.

wasnt joking about it.

just saying that was a perfect example of the friend zone. the guys suicide attempt was brought on by more than just the girl issue, if you read the post.

all im saying is thats the type of stuff that can happen if you really like someone and you play your cards wrong. you could very well end up with a broken heart. its unfortunate things are that way somethimes, but it's a reality in some situations.

wasnt trying to be offensive or make light of that, just pointing out what can happen such as getting caught in the friend zone and betting your heart broken. speaking from personal experience i might add, so im definitely not joking about it.

i guess my use of the phrase "is a killer" wasnt too appropriate, but just rattled that expression off the top of my head because COBL said "i gotta watch out for that freind zone in the future", i didnt mean to refer to the suicide attempt. i wasnt even thinking about that. i meant it more like it kills your chances with the girl and breaks your heart when you tell her about your feelings and she rejects you, that kind of thing.

Yeah, the Friend Zone...

YouTube - Friend Zone

Fuck. that's like the ultimate pwn. :lol: I don't know what to say to that except nicely done!!

COBL, I had several girls in high school who liked me "as a friend" while I would say it's not a bad thing to have these type of relationships, if she doesn't feel the same as you it is probably time to move on.

I'm gonna give it a shot, we're going to the zoo in a few days I believe, I'm gonna say how I feel, get it out in the open, so it's there, chances are that she will probably say "just friends" but at least then I can get on with it and breathe. I suppose if we are that good of friends then there shouldn't really be any lingering awkwardness or anything like that afterwards.

I'd just really like a bloody girlfriend!! :lol:

Coming from an 18 yr old girl, if you never flirted with her once this will come as a huge shocker to her & she might just see you as a friend so then that will suck. & plus if you are both going off to uni you wont have much time with her. Best thing to do is move on & find someone else that you feel very strongly about. It will probably happen at the most unexpected time. But once you do youll about her.
Trust me on this!
Good Luck

You know, I always thought the friend zone was just a myth... perhaps something reserved for only complete losers playing World of Warcraft all day or really bitter guys just looking for something to blame for their failure...

...and then I fell into it -_- Sheesh... women! :p

You know, I always thought the friend zone was just a myth... perhaps something reserved for only complete losers playing World of Warcraft all day or really bitter guys just looking for something to blame for their failure...

...and then I fell into it -_- Sheesh... women! :p

But don't girls and women get caught in the "friend zone" too? That's happened to me a few times.

Back
Top Bottom