Grumble -Gone- Delted- adios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I am so infuriated at my external hard drive! I recently did a backup of my photos and I wake up the next morning to edit my photos from my month long vacation which I was going to use for my upcoming book are all gone. All pictures from March up until July are gone, my external decided to delete them. After using a program called Recuva it could not find missing or deleted files. I did back up my Ecuador pics on my website but they are not the original files and used Picassa to edit them before editing the originals again on photoshop.

:sad:

Ooooh, that sucks!! Sorry to hear that, Justin.

I had that happen to me before - luckily it was only one day's worth of pics, but it was a productive day's worth of pics, nonetheless. Now, on top of regular backups to a separate external drive, I also burn DVD copies of all the original files.

I am so infuriated at my external hard drive! I recently did a backup of my photos and I wake up the next morning to edit my photos from my month long vacation which I was going to use for my upcoming book are all gone. All pictures from March up until July are gone, my external decided to delete them. After using a program called Recuva it could not find missing or deleted files. I did back up my Ecuador pics on my website but they are not the original files and used Picassa to edit them before editing the originals again on photoshop.

:sad:

:hug:

A friend of mine recently lost data from his HDD and was able to recover them using a Linux based program called Testdisk.
You may try that one, maybe it is better than the program you used.

I use mozy.com to back my files up. It's ABSOLUTELY worth the $5 I spend a month to know that my files are safe (and it backs up automatically).

I know this doesn't help, but maybe as a side project, you could write a book about all the unfortunate mishaps that have happened to you over the last few years.

Justin, good to hear you were able to find the files :up:

Losing data is a real nightmare for me, that's why I do backup all the time like crazy. Recently I accidentally deleted a folder containing over 1000 pictures on my computer after I somehow renamed the folder and then thought it's a copy of another (still empty) folder and pressed delete. Thank God I had just backup'd the files to two external harddrives, so I could copy them back, but it was shocking to see how quickly files can be deleted. I do backups on external harddrives, CDs and DVDs all the time, telling myself that it's very unlikely that I lose all my data everywhere, so when I somehow lose something I still have a backup somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom