Goodbye, whoever you might have been.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I post this knowing full well the lamasting I will get so I won't bother to complain about it.I did wait awhile out of sensitivity and compassion for your loss. But I would really, really like to know the answer to something that's been perplexing me for quite some time. How is it that a person who is so fervently in favor of abortion can have tender feelings for an unformed embryo when it dies as long as someone 'chose' to keep it alive, yet if she had 'chosen' to abort it, you'd have called it a nameless, faceless blob of tissue? You're talking about it like it was a person who never got a chance to live and be known, and it was. But so are all the babies who are aborted. Just because they are unwanted and unloved doesn't make them any less human or any less a person with potential than your niece or nephew was. Instead of a bunch of snotty comments from BVS, Deep, Diemen, and others, I really do hope you can address this seriously and professionally. Is there even an answer? Thank you for any consideration you can give this topic.

I am so sorry to hear this! She will definately be in all my thoughts and prayers! So will you and all those involved, i wish you all the best! I'm sure you'll all pull through if you stick together.:hug::hug:

U2Kitten said:
Okay, I post this knowing full well the lamasting I will get so I won't bother to complain about it.I did wait awhile out of sensitivity and compassion for your loss. But I would really, really like to know the answer to something that's been perplexing me for quite some time. How is it that a person who is so fervently in favor of abortion can have tender feelings for an unformed embryo when it dies as long as someone 'chose' to keep it alive, yet if she had 'chosen' to abort it, you'd have called it a nameless, faceless blob of tissue? You're talking about it like it was a person who never got a chance to live and be known, and it was. But so are all the babies who are aborted. Just because they are unwanted and unloved doesn't make them any less human or any less a person with potential than your niece or nephew was. Instead of a bunch of snotty comments from BVS, Deep, Diemen, and others, I really do hope you can address this seriously and professionally. Is there even an answer? Thank you for any consideration you can give this topic.

This topic has been discussed ad nauseum in FYM. I'm sure Laura's posted her opinions and rationale in one of those threads before.

The way I read it, Laura feels bad for her sister and is asking for prayers/good vibes for her sister, not herself. If she had found out her sister had cancer and posted here about it, we'd react the same way - compassion and support.

We can't presume to know anything about how Laura's sister feels about abortion. Nor can we presume that just because Laura might support abortion, it doesn't make her sad. I support certain taxes, but I still complain about paying them. I support the justice system, but I'm not glad that people have to spend their lives in prison.

I don't see anywhere in this thread that someone said this baby was less of a person. No one is disagreeing with that, so what is the purpose of the soap box?

And to Laura, I'm late reading this thread, but *hugs* nonetheless. My cousin had this happen last year and it was a dark time for everyone. She is now pregnant again with no complications. I hope once your sister recovers she will be able to have a family.

U2Kitten you could have/should have pm'd her your question.
That is not what this thread is about.

Laura, i hope your sister is ok whatever the outcome :hug:

u2kitten... seriously, talk about picking the wrong times to discuss something. Just because someone supports a person's right to choose, doesn't mean they do a little dance when a fetus is lost. You seriously need to step back and look at the situation before painting pro choice people with one big (wrong) brush.
:|

Sicy said:
U2Kitten you could have/should have pm'd her your question.
That is not what this thread is about.

I realize that now:( I should have. Sorry.

Very glad to hear that. :) Congratulations and best wishes to all.

dazzlingamy said:
Laura, i hope your sister is ok whatever the outcome :hug:

u2kitten... seriously, talk about picking the wrong times to discuss something. Just because someone supports a person's right to choose, doesn't mean they do a little dance when a foetus is lost. You seriously need to step back and look at the situation before painting pro choice people with one big (wrong) brush.
:|
The worst though is the people on MySpace who lose a foetus during a pregnancy and then take it out and take pictures of it with the mother and father, and dress it up in a little wool hat and blanket and post these pictures on the internet. I think I got a PM from Justin about that once :ohmy:

Last edited:
Keeping sensitivity and respect in mind for the thread starter, I don't think that sharing stories like that is appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom