Goodbye Boomie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Last Tuesday evening, my wife and I awoke when we heard a thump on the wall, followed by our 15-year old cat Boomer growling. My wife got up to check on him. About half an hour later, I realized my wife was still up. She was concerned about our cat, who was wandering about dazed, with a little drool coming from his mouth.

About 15 minutes later, Boomer had a seizure. I raced him down to an all night pet clinic where they got him stabilized. They could not determine the cause of the seizure.

My wife picked him up the next morning, but he was a shell of his former cat self. It seems he had some type of stroke and was nearly incapacitated. He wasn't eating or drinking water.

After a long day of soul searching, my wife realized she had to let her beloved companion go. It was one of the hardest things she has ever had to do.

I was able to find some old pictures of Boomie when he was a young kitten (all head and paws). My wife thought she had lost them, but I found copies at my dad's house.

I'm so sorry. :sad:

It is one of the toughest decisions to make, but you and your wife gave Boomer the best possible care you could throughout his life. He was a very lucky kitty.

Glad you were able to find the photos of him.

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. :( :hug:

This February my family and I had to make a hard decision: to put one of our dogs to sleep. He had been suffering, and the vet said that his chances of recovering were very little. Even though we were doing the humane thing by ending his suffering, it still did not make the decision any easier. I miss him terribly, but I know he is not in pain anymore.

:hug: As a lot of us already know from personal experience, even when you make that decision for your pet's best interest, it still hurts like a b*tch. :sad: I can never decide if it's cruel that our pets live much more abbreviated lives than we do or if it's a good thing, because then we get to experience several different ones throughout our years...

Regardless, nbc - Boomer was your baby, you loved him & my heart goes out to you & the Mrs. for your loss. :(

:sad: :sad: I'm so sorry. Pets are family.

My vet had the Rainbow Bridge poem hanging on the wall in one of her examination rooms. Everytime I see it I start to cry. :sad: It really is a beautiful thought. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom