Girl advice urgently needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for all your words of advice people. It's all been noted and has helped a lot. This may sound like the worst idea of all time, but I feel I've put so much into this emotionally, I can't give up now, not until I've had a firm no from HER. False hope? Maybe. But I feel I'd be better able to deal with rejection at uni where I'm actually in the situation and can do something about it than back at home, where theres not really anyone to talk to and you feel so isolated that you wonder if anyone else is actually out there. I don't know what context the conversation between the girl and her mate was in (I'm not sure I want to know), but all I can hope is that it is a remediable situation. Let's face it, I wasnt particularly forthcoming or acting myself in the week before she left, and there were plenty of alpha males around at the party. Maybe that put her off a little. Maybe the summer break will help reset things? So many ifs, buts and maybes, but I'm not prepared to write this one off just yet. It's always been my aim to be " fine, move on" if she said no, but I do not want to do what I've done with every other girl I've ever liked and just give up when things start getting a bit tricky and spend ages wondering what if. Who knows. Maybe feeling will have changed when I see her next. It's easy for these feelings to get overinflated when you don't see eachother for a while and maybe I'll find out I dont really feel quite as strongly as I think.

You can't loose by taking other chances, if only to gain the self-confidence and experience to not screw up with her.

Heh... something very similar happened to me recently (I could have copied your story verbatim and used it as my own, and it would essentially be the truth), but I'm only 15. My attitude was/is much like your's, Tuvok, but it's gotten better recently.

Back
Top Bottom