Getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth out tomorrow...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
9:30 in the AM, they knock me out and take out all 4 of my wisdom teeth!

I already have the weekend lined up with pudding, jello, ice cream, etc. and movies (watching the Indiana Jones trilogy and the original Star Wars trilogy...with commentaries on).

Wish me luck...hope that I survive the next few days without too much pain.

I've never been unconscious before for any reason so this could get interesting...

I had my only Wisdom tooth pulled. Well Actually I had about 10,000 dollars worth of work done to my teeth:ohmy: They didn't knock me out though. They used laughing gas, I heard the cracking when they pulled the teeth, but did not feel any pain until a few hours later. The Vidaken(how ever you spell it) did not work.:sad:

It's really not that bad! You'll do great. :)

I recommend eating scrambled eggs - you'll need the protein and they're nice and soft.

the surgery part is alright...it's all that messing with that hooked syringe thing that annoyed me. the fun part is you can irritate people by playing with and undoing your stitches with your tongue. good times :memories:

Sounds like you have some good plans...Good Luck!

p.s. don't let your evil mother take a pic of you when you get home and then have people asking you why you have marshmallows shoved in your mouth :mad:

anitram said:
It's really not that bad! You'll do great. :)

I recommend eating scrambled eggs - you'll need the protein and they're nice and soft.

Good tip-a lot of my friends told me about how they lost weight after they got their wisdom teeth out, and I really can't afford to lose a pound! :uhoh:

snowbunny-i don't have to worry about my mom taking a pic because she doesn't know how to operate my camera! :lol:

About 20 years ago I had all 4 removed. I was knocked out and felt no pain. They weren't impacted or anything. Hope yours aren't either. You can add tuna to your list, as that's soft as well. And you want to make sure to keep the area clean where the teeth are removed. You don't want any food settling in their. Perhaps you have a waterpik? Or could get something like it? Just my
2cents.gif

Good luck :hug:

remember what i said about failing a drug test! its something fun to do if you're bored :up: i wasn't in too much pain, but the vicodin really had me loopy. haha if your friends are jerks like mine, they'll call you and giggle and record you b/c you're loopy AND you can't speak well. just be prepared for that to resurface at parties.

take care, and enjoy people taking care of you!

Good luck!! I had mine pulled (I'm not grossed out to be conscious while it's done, and I have this obsessive avoidance of anaesthesia at all costs), but recover wasn't bad at all. If you get them sutured, which I'm assuming you will if it's surgery, it should be fine. The one I had sutured healed really fast and was far less gross and painful than the other. With both, I didn't need to miss any work and was eating hard foods (carefully) after two days. I didn't take prescription pain killers b/c those made my friends really sick, I just took 3 ibuprofen and that was plenty enough to help.

I don't like sweets much, so I had Phil buy me a huge carton of broccoli cheese soup from the restaurant that makes my favorite recipe and I ate that for a few days. :D

Enjoy your Indiana Jones marathon! :drool:

They will give you vicodin when you're leaving at the end. Take it regularly on that first day. The reason is that on the first day, the general anesthetic from when they knocked you out will still be in your system, and when the vicodon mixes with that, it is AMAZING. You get whoosy and high(even more so than just the vicodin alone makes you) and you can barely stay awake. You'll get a floating feeling.

At least that was my experience.

unico said:
i wasn't in too much pain, but the vicodin really had me loopy. haha if your friends are jerks like mine, they'll call you and giggle and record you b/c you're loopy AND you can't speak well. just be prepared for that to resurface at parties.

Haha Mia, that reminds me of my roommate. We had to take care of her when she had hers done and she kept trying to put on chapstick, but would apply it all over her chin and go (in a voice full of cotton wads) "Did I get it? I can't feel my wips!"

Then, she got hold of a phone and called some random person before I could take it back and was like "Mommy?.....Oh, you're not mommy. I don't know you I gotta go, bye."

i had all 4 done at once while very conscious. when i went back to get stitches out and for the dentist to check, i said "dude! what were you thinking???" and he said he'd not have had me back for the other 2 if he'd done two at a time. i conceded. pain is pain. who cares if it is one side of your mouth or both sides.

good luck!

Liesje said:

Haha Mia, that reminds me of my roommate. We had to take care of her when she had hers done and she kept trying to put on chapstick, but would apply it all over her chin and go (in a voice full of cotton wads) "Did I get it? I can't feel my wips!"

Then, she got hold of a phone and called some random person before I could take it back and was like "Mommy?.....Oh, you're not mommy. I don't know you I gotta go, bye."

:lol: that's hilarious!
i think i got jipped somehow. i never got to witness my friends post-wisdom-teeth-removal.

I had a couple out a few weeks before Christmas last year. Note to self: don't schedule that kind of surgery before the holidays. :mad:

Still, it wasn't as bad as I expected. I only dipped into my supply of Vicodin once or twice. Enjoy the movie marathon! Buy some sherbert!!! :drool:

Hope all goes well, Laura.
One other food item you might want to consider: instant mashed potatoes. :drool: Just make sure they're not hot - that would be a biiig mistake. :yikes:

We'll be thinking of you! :up:

it's a crock, dont do it. most people dont need their wisdom teeth taken out, but dentists recommend it to line their pockets with casssh money

I started getting terrible headaches because two of them were starting to get impacted into my jaw because I was 20 when I had them done. So maybe they ripped me off on two...but I didn't get the headaches anymore...

I had my wisdom teeth removed when I was around 18. I was lucky because they said my jaw was so thick that there was hardly any swelling at all. I had no trouble eating normal food soon after that, I think. I remember waking up drowsy and being embarrassed that the nurse had to clean up my drool.

Good luck.

Good luck!!!!!!! :hug: I had mine out last year. I'd been putting it off for years because I was so scared, but it was getting to the point where I had to just bite the bullet. Obviously, it wasn't pleasant, but it wasn't the total nightmare I'd imagined. I think my favorite thing to eat while recovering was mashed potatoes. :drool: I can't believe you don't like them! :ohmy:

Got Philk? said:
Um, make sure to post pictures of your chipmunk cheeks. :wink:

:lol:

I had 1 of my wisdom teeth pulled about 11 years ago when I was 9. I remember walking out the dental room saying to my mum ''they pulled my fucking tooth out''

(i was told it was going to be a filling. :grumpy: )

Good luck, U2Dem :)

Good choice on the going under part... :up:

I was awake for mine and two were impacted so he had to drill and split them into pieces... :|

I'm not sure if it was the pressure or the cracking/snapping/scraping which disturbed me more... :no:

The Percosets afterward were nice though...

worst.dentist.visit.ever

Back
Top Bottom