Getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth out tomorrow...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I went under for mine. I'd never been put under for anything previously, so I was kind of nervous, but it was no big deal. I'm very glad I was asleep for everything. :yikes:

I was under for mine. that was how I spent my spring break during my junior year of college. woo! wasn't so bad but the codeine they gave me made me throw up and my bottom lip was still numb so I was drooling all over. very pretty. :drool:

good luck U2Dem! hope it goes well :hug:

Muldfeld said:
I had my wisdom teeth removed when I was around 18. I was lucky because they said my jaw was so thick that there was hardly any swelling at all. I had no trouble eating normal food soon after that, I think. I remember waking up drowsy and being embarrassed that the nurse had to clean up my drool.

Good luck.

I actually had the same thing. I had no swelling that showed, but man I was knocked out with the pain meds.

I remember waking up just enough to be able to put my arms over my mom and the Dr.'s shoulders to get to the car, then my mom asked "Do u want a cd in for the ride home?" I said, "Yeah." She put one up and said "this one?"
I didn't even see what one she showed me but I said, "NO! The other one!" And I never heard a word from that cd. :)

me too...well soon enough sometiem this month i am.
hope the pain isnt too bad.

How can something so uncomfortable be so funny, I just spat my drink onto the screen!
I had one tooth pulled last year. They told me it was twighlight sedation so I thought I'd remember something. I didn't. When I woke up I didn't know where I was, then my sister walked in and I cried. We are NOT a teary family, I was so embaressed, she just laughed. I didn't get any interesting medication.:(

I got put under when I had all 4 of mine pulled when I was 19. It wasn't too bad, just keeping your mouth cleaned and waiting till the sutures can be removed and you can eat real food again. The chipmunk pics re-surface from time to time, I think those are a given! Tampons work great as gauze. Good luck even having any kind of an appetite. I remember I slept and giggled a lot.

Anyway good luck Laura! Check back in and let us know how you're doing! :hug:

Well the surgery went well, i'm a little swollen and the pain is bearable, but...the pain pills (oxycontin or whatever) have caused me to throw up 3 times so far...and I'm still nautious.

Needless to say i'm not going to take those pills anymore and I'll stick to ibuprofen, and hopefully I'll sleep well tonight and will be much better tomorrow.

I have one wisdom tooth left.
My dentist was great ( he knows I am phobic) and he numbed me SOOO much ( I was awake). I had one out first because it was causing me grief. The other 2 came out 2 weeks later. I was a lucky person in that I really didn't swell too much and ibuprofen took care of the pain.
Hope you are doing better tomorrow. Enjoy your movie marathon :)

Good luck. I had mine out in June last year, and depsite what people continually told me about how it's the worst pain they have ever felt in their life, it really was not that bad.

If you can get your hands on some Mercyndol, it works wonders. But beware - my face blew up to the size of a soccer ball, it was hideous and my face shook as I walked.

And as a last precauction, about the sixth or seventh day after was my worst. My nose started to bleed for about four hours straight and wouldn't stop. Eventually Mum pulled out a blood clot that was seriously about 6-7cm long. It was disgusting.

:hug: Have fun!

U2democrat said:
Well the surgery went well, i'm a little swollen and the pain is bearable, but...the pain pills (oxycontin or whatever) have caused me to throw up 3 times so far...and I'm still nautious.

Needless to say i'm not going to take those pills anymore and I'll stick to ibuprofen, and hopefully I'll sleep well tonight and will be much better tomorrow.

I came close to throwing up twice, but since I haven't done it in about nine or ten years (I'm writing to Guiness :wink:.) I have developed a phobia of it and didn't throw.

U2democrat said:

Don't worry, they are much more fun when you aren't actually in mind - or jaw -numbing pain :sexywink:

Well I'm glad to say once I got the painkillers out of my system I stopped throwing up.

However I'm still in very uncomfortable pain, mostly soreness in the jaw and gums. The swelling has gone down a lot, so I don't look fat anymore :wink:

Thanks for all the well wishes :hug:

:angry:

It appears that I have Dry Socket...which is why I'm still in a lot of pain. I'll be going back to the Dr. today and hopefully they'll give me something that'll relieve the pain.

Noooooo don't vomit up the happy pills! Those were the best part when I had mine out :sad:

K well I dont' have dry socket so that's good, i'm just taking awhile to recover from the pain. Unfortunately the only thing that's supposed to give me long term relief are those happy pills that made me :barf: a grand total of 4 times...I'll deal with the pain.

Until i'm fully healed i'll be applying hot compresses every half hour or so. Blah.

If the ibuprofen isn't strong enough, you can try a few OTC Naproxens (just eat/drink a little something with it). That's stronger but generally won't upset the stomach like the prescriptions do.

Hope you have a complete recovery soon Laura :hug: My sister's best friend got dry socket when she had her wisdom teeth out. Oh how I remember the pain that she was in from it :yikes: Really great that you don't have this!

I need to suck it up and go and get mine out. The ones on the bottom are impacted but thankfully the top came in ok. Must say I have come across some great tips for when I have my surgery :wink:

You have my sympathy, U2dem. I'm recovering from oral surgery myself (not wisdom teeth, but another procedure). :silent:

Feel better soon.

Back
Top Bottom