Frustrated...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a teacher too, and totally understand your frustration. We all have an individual personality, but its your parents who shape it, and sadly, a lot of them just have no clue, or even worse, don't care what their kid is going to grow up like. I was speaking to a mother about her son who had picked up a stick and hit another kid in the face with it. She was adamant the he was being bullied and retaliated. I have this kid in my class, and I know he is a violent kid (kicking kids chairs as he walks past, stabbing kids in the arm with a sharpened pencil "it was an accident!") etc. Now this kid writes in his journal every day of how he goes home and plays video games, eat tea in front of the computer and how its unfair he has to go to bed at 10pm because he hates to stop his computer game. He's 9. He has such a screwed up home life when it all revolves around video games, and no support or care from his parents, no wonder he acts like a shit at school. Sadly, he's one of my best kids.
HELP!! hahahahahha

Phil, don't ever loose hope, the more teachers who actually care out there, the more voices speaking up, things can change. People will listen. We just have to remain strong in the meantime and do our best!

I second a teacher thread! :wave:

I third a teacher thread . . . :yes: and I'm no teacher, just a parent who is so so so grateful that my kids are in a school / community that is full of fantastic caring teachers like some of you here . . . it really rattles my cage when parents dont step up and take responsibilty and try to help their kids learn and then have the gall to blame it all on teachers . . . i take my hat off to all of you - I couldn't do it in a million years . . . thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom