Friendship.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Im aware that not everyone will have a best friend they’ve known since school – even at that as you both grow up you both come into your own (esp when it comes to boyf/girlf/hub/wife) and not be as close with each other, but still be best pals.

But even at that….if you have a good friend in your life….even if it’s someone you bonded with only year or so ago – is there relationship you have with them quite an equal give-and-take at like 50-50? Or are you/they the one giving/taking more?

Do you expect certain things from mates, but never confront them about it? Or maybe you do confront them? Has a relationship ever kinda broken down over small things?
By this I mean, as examples:

If they were stuck and asked you for a lift somewhere if it was a good distance away, would you expect them to offer a little to help toward petrol/gas?
(clearly if you offered, you cannot expect it!)

or

have you ever loant them money and did they pay you back quick enough or take a LONG time to do so?

or

are you both different characters that sometimes you clash? Or have you both ever fallen out for a good bit?

Or are you one who always offers yourself/your services as a person, because you always believe its better and selfless to be there for someone even if they are not pretty much helpful back, and there for you?

See, I lent a mate money one time (I offered, to help her in time of need) it was a small amount….OMG she always brought up ‘hey I know I still owe you that money’ many times, before opening her purse to pull out a tenner to buy drink – the tenner that could have been given back! but in the end, I didn’t get full amount back, and even then I got it back MONTHS later. I never said a word, about it not being full amount. But all I know now is that if she asked to borrow again I don’t think I can, because of trust issue.

And also, trying to talk to this girl, she starts talking about herself – she never really questions me about some things/probs Ive had, esp when I recently opened up to her – which means I see this will not become a good friendship, even thou we have each other to have craic with. She said shes been where I have with lack of confidence etc, but of course she would become different to how I would. She even assumes that I wont give my number out to a guy in a pub cause I don’t want to come across as ‘easy’ – what bollox, its more to do that the guy is pissed, and pubs are not the place to meet blokes. When she gets pissed she gives her number out a lot to strangers she met for five mins, which is stupid in my eyes. But she will have her way and argue that you gotta ‘take a chance/risk’ – yeah sure, considering she cant remember things she did when she was well blocked, like guys she kissed, or old mates she runs into and hugged and kissed – when she has a boyfriend – she is actually confused about boys at the minute. It’s like watching a child, sometimes.

I feel that someday I might explode on her should she get impatient with me again, and she is an impatient person…….at times she has the nerve to talk about other people being late/impatient – when she keeps others waiting and is impatient herself! ARGH! And she and her sisters have called many girls ugly, which I think is way too harsh.

And while it might be easy to forget about her and get someone my level - its also tough meeting new people at a later age, people who are free/available that you can hang with.

So really, for you reading, is your friendship a good 50-50 one?

:wave:

i don't think friendships or any relationship is 50/50, however, this girl is not really a friend. people who know nothing about you and are closed off to you like she sounds, just don't have friends. they just have people they talk at.

Back
Top Bottom