Freecreditreport.com (Mods this isn't spam...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anybody else hate/sick of "free credit report.com" guy and commercials?

I am! They are supposed to be catchy and cute and the guy isn't bad looking but I can't stand them. They also remind me that my credit sucks ass. I also don't understand all the obsession with checking your credit score, because if it's bad, there's nothing you can do about it, and if it's a mistake, they won't change it. I've had mistakes, and they will not take them off. They say it's up to the company who posted it to remove it, and while you can ask them nicely, they do not have to do it. Even if you pay something off, the company is not obligated to take off the bad info and update it with good. So what good are ll these services anyway, other than to make annoying commercials? (not to mention they are never really 'free' anyway!)

I liked them at first, but now they are effin' annoying!

Go away! Please! Your 15 minutes of fame are up!

first of all, the dude's voice is dubbed. it's apparently because of his french-canadian accent. so-ooo how about you go with an actor who doesn't have such a seemingly unintelligible accent?

secondly, as someone who used to work for a bank, i was the person who would get the complaints forwarded to me when someone would check their credit score and claim there was false information.

most of the "reports" i would get is someone who paid late and was told they'd get their late fee waived and believed this also somehow removed the 30 days past due note off their account. umm no. if you're late, you're late, and if someone says they will remove the negative mark from your account so it won't show up on the credit score, get it in writing or something, because it's not very common.

another common report was people who think just because they've paid on time for a year that somehow the creditor will "forget" about when they missed a payment, or even worse that when it's included in a bankruptcy, when it's paid off it somehow gets removed from your account. negative scores, bankruptcies, all those are on your score for a certain period of time. paying it off doesn't remove past negative marks, it just changes the account status. that's all.

honestly, for all the ones i worked on, maybe 10% were actual legitimate complaints. what really spooked me is i got some (legitimate) claims that this didn't belong to the person. it's scary to think how one person's wrong keystroke in entering a ssn could fuck up someone's credit score on accident. thank god the government gives you free annual credit reports (which are actually free and don't require the monthly monitoring "free"creditreport.com does).

yeah sorry, i hate those commercials and i just hate credit reports in general. despite how it may sound i feel sympathy for those who fuck up and make one late payment and are now dogged with a low credit score for years until it falls off your report. and especially in this economy, everyone's got tons of late payments for everything since everyone's kinda unemployed. i really can't think of how else one could determine credit scores, but right now it just seems a bit unfair for people who genuinely can't afford to make all their payments in full and on time to get lumped in with the deadbeats who just don't care. don't even get me started on companies who run credit reports on you before they'll agree to hire you. :|

Back
Top Bottom