Four inches....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
I just found out that yesterday I was four inches from being shot in the face. I was in Kentucky all weekend for the North American Sieger Show, translation - the north American championships for German shepherd dogs. I went with a couple who was showing their puppy and I took my puppy (too young to show). Yesterday we were on our way home. They have a Land Rover so they were in the front, their dog was crated in the back, and I was sitting behind the driver with my puppy next to me. We were in Ohio on 75 - I don't even know where - and we heard this REALLY loud pop. It sounded like something exploded near me. We pulled off into a deserted gas station but the tire was fine, there was nothing wrong underneath the car. We just figured maybe the car kicked up a rock or something. I asked Joe to e-mail me the total I owe for gas and my share of the hotel so this morning I got an e-mail from him but instead there are pictures of a bullet hole, confirmed by the Ohio State Police. How fucked up is that?!?!

2957577663_fac816f064_m.jpg

2958419128_59bafde00c_m.jpg

I am SO glad you're ok!

:hug:

It's possible that an experience like this will mess with your mind for a few days. Don't hesitate to talk to anyone who will listen.

Thank goodness you and your friends weren't hurt.

Wow, glad you're okay! Do they know anything about why or who?

No idea. A trooper is investigating it. I don't know anything about ammo, but there is nothing in the hole. I will send the pics to my uncles, one is a retired cop and one is a retired DNR officer, both are avid hunters and know a lot about various weapons and ammo. I would like to think it was a stray slug from a rifle, but still unnerving to know that people are shooting at deer at 3pm along I-75.

Yikes!

3pm near a farm field...it might not be deer hunters, but could be pheasant hunting. Despite working part of my time in Ohio at the moment (and within a mile of I-75), I have no idea what the pheasant population is in Ohio.

Are you sure it wasn't, say, Dayton, Cincy or Toledo?

Looks like a 7.62 slug. Probably a hunting rifle, I'm guessing a stray shot that just happened not to hit anything on the way out to the highway. Still kinda freaky. Glad you're okay. :hi5:

I'm looking at their DNR site now....early gun for deer just started today. Turkey and grouse started Oct. 11.

Honestly I'm not sure I'd feel any better knowing it was a stray bullet. :huh:

Looks like a 7.62 slug. Probably a hunting rifle, I'm guessing a stray shot that just happened not to hit anything on the way out to the highway. Still kinda freaky. Glad you're okay. :hi5:

You don't think it was a German Shepard from the future trying to take out Lies' little puppy before he grows up and leads the German Shepard Revolution? That was my thinking.

Glad you and the puppy are ok, Lies.

Is it bad that my first thought when I saw this topic title was, "Poor Philk"? :reject:

:ohmy::ohmy:
:yikes::yikes:

***SO GLAD*** you're OK- lies!
:hug::hug::hug:

I guess when we (as me as kid w my fam) on summer vacations driving through very wooded areas in the NYS and various New England States either were lucky,or not there when huntin' season started! gak!

Back
Top Bottom