floated out of here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daisybean

Rock n' Roll Doggie, FOB
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eye
I just found out that this boy I went to grammar school with died of a herion overdose.

It was such a waste....he was literally a genius, but he chose to do drugs to escape his family and his own brilliant mind.

Why do people who are given such amazing gifts throw them away?

He taught himself to read when he was two, by five he was reading the newspaper and writing poems and stories. When he was 10 he had near perfect SAT scores (he took them for fun).

When he was 12, he started hanging with people who were for lack of a better word, bad influences....started smoking, drinking, doing pot.

By the time he was a senior in high school he was burnt and spent. He dropped out shortly before he was supposed to graduate...he was failing every subject.

A few years ago he tried to put his life back together, he went to rehab and cleaned up. However, the years of drug abuse destroyed his brain. The last time I saw him, we was working at a convience store.....and could barely speak in full sentences, but he told me he was recovering, and regretted what he did to himself. He could still put his thoughts on paper, but lost alot of his ability to articulate those thoughts into spoken words.

In the last months of his life...the poetry he wrote read more like suicide notes....dark and painful.

i'm sorry daisy. that is such a waste of a life. how tragic for his family. i don't know what else to say...

:sad:

:hug:

i don't understand self-destructive behaviour.

that is beyond sad.............

The fact that he died didn't really surprise me, because he was messed up bad.

I am more angry at the fact that he was so talented and smart and could have done so much with his life. He got sucked into a nasty addiction that took his life long before he died. It makes me angry that the world never got to see his full potential, that he never got to reach his full potential. I am angry that he fought to get clean, but with heroin being as nasty as it is, he could not leave it completely.

I hope now his soul is at peace.

i'll keep his family and friends in my prayers...but perhaps his purpose was to help others after his death...to show people how important it is to use your talents and gifts in order to help others..

:( i hope his soul is resting too

i dont know why. what kills is the fact that so many of them die trying to come clean. I am sorry.

Back
Top Bottom