Flippin Remixes!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kate1

War Child
Just posting to get off my chest that i HATE REMIXES!!!
Know the crap band Phixx have done a cover of the Duran Duran song Wild boys!!! So rubbish im tromered, they are never ever ever gonna be Duran Duran, they are true ledgends!

Know abba's relesing waterloo, and lmc v U2!!!

Why o why!

MUSIC IS DISAPPEARING!

Im sticking to vh1 from know on!

Anyone feel the same? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yes! I complain about this too. Like Uncle Kracker's song "Drift Away." This is the worst though, at work, my boss listens to the local Christian music station. It's fine, except this station for some reason plays some Christian kiddy pop "punk rock" version of "Beautiful Day" which makes me want to throw the stereo across the gym.

Have you ever heard of VH1 classic? It's outstanding.

I think cover songs can be brilliant if done correctly. I don't much like straight-forward covers where the music, tone, and style of singing are identical to the original. They're okay, but don't show much in the way of creativity or interpretation.

As for remixes, some I like, some I don't. Just depends on the song, really. :shrug:

meegannie said:
I think cover songs can be brilliant if done correctly. I don't much like straight-forward covers where the music, tone, and style of singing are identical to the original. They're okay, but don't show much in the way of creativity or interpretation.

As for remixes, some I like, some I don't. Just depends on the song, really. :shrug:

Have you gotten ahold of Pillar's version of Sunday Bloody Sunday? It just might change your mind on the whole cover business. It's mighty tasty. And if I may verge on blasphemy, it rivals the original.

Got Philk? said:
Yes! I complain about this too. Like Uncle Kracker's song "Drift Away." This is the worst though, at work, my boss listens to the local Christian music station. It's fine, except this station for some reason plays some Christian kiddy pop "punk rock" version of "Beautiful Day" which makes me want to throw the stereo across the gym.

Have you ever heard of VH1 classic? It's outstanding.

HMMMM! On VH1 at the moment loads of silly footy anthems are on there, although i do like about three of them :huh:

EXACTLY! Q RULES!!! Although they do sneek some crappy R AND B sometimes as well as pop music :madspit: !

Have you bought the latest Q mag? Oasis best brit album, yey!

Kate1 said:
they are never ever ever gonna be Duran Duran, they are true ledgends!
thank you! :happy:

i don't like covers much either. they have to bring something unique to the table, i want it to resemble the song, but i want it to be the band's own spin on it. not a carbon copy of the song. my favourite cover ever would probably be duran duran's perfect day because they did such a great job. i have a lot of least favourites, but i'll pretty much say any recent pop artist covering a classic song. uncle kracker's drift away is an example. i don't like people's covers nowadays because 99% of those covering stuff are talentless people covering stuff written by singer/songwriters. how can they give props to someone and say how influential and great they are when it clearly didn't give them enough inspiration to pick up an instrument or pen a tune? :rant:

KhanadaRhodes said:

thank you! :happy:

i don't like covers much either. they have to bring something unique to the table, i want it to resemble the song, but i want it to be the band's own spin on it. not a carbon copy of the song. my favourite cover ever would probably be duran duran's perfect day because they did such a great job. i have a lot of least favourites, but i'll pretty much say any recent pop artist covering a classic song. uncle kracker's drift away is an example. i don't like people's covers nowadays because 99% of those covering stuff are talentless people covering stuff written by singer/songwriters. how can they give props to someone and say how influential and great they are when it clearly didn't give them enough inspiration to pick up an instrument or pen a tune? :rant:

No No THANK YOU!!! Everyone says that im being tight for calling these so called new talents crap!!! Everyone thinks that im far too old than i actually am!!!

But am i right or am i right?

Have you heared the latest cover of Duran Durans 'Please tell me why', by that crap band tring to make a come back on the 80s Manina program on Saturday! There called allStars!

STOP BLOOMING RUINING GREAT SONGS!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :sad:

I always look forward to a remix if say I hear that four tet is remizing a radiohead song...I'm all looking forward to it like a sailor in a crows nest

Its funny you should mention Wild Boys. I havent heard that song in years and now its on an ad for footy :down:

I do like U2s Everlasting Love. But not Madonnas version of American Pie.

Reposting cause computer chucked a wobbly:

Its funny you should mention Wild Boys. I havent heard that song in years and now its on an ad for footy :down:

I do like the following covers: :up:
U2 - Everlasting Love.
And Soft Cell - Tainted Love.
And Iggy Pop - Wild One.
And Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Born to Run
And Duran Durans - Come Up and See Me Make Me Smile

But not :down:

Madonna version of American Pie.
Nor Bette Midlers cover of the Wind Beneath My Wings

Covers

I love covers of my favourite songs, no matter how badly done!

For instance, Reel Big Fish's ska-punk version of a-ha's 'Take On Me' is brilliant, and there is an excellent cover of Duran Duran's 'Girls on Film' by The Droyds, called 'Girls on Pills'.

In fact, I love covers so much I went out and bought a CD called 'Covered', with Flunk's 'Blue Monday' a highlight. Someone else did a cover of the same song- The Orb or someone?- which is even better.

I've also heard a techno version of Nirvana's 'Smells Like Teen Spirit', brilliant stuff.

Anyway, that's enough for now- and this is my first post by the way, so please be nice to me!

:huh: :mad: :( :ohmy: :sad: :madspit: :eyebrow: :wink: :drool:

Hehe....just testing! :wink:

Re: Covers

Bunglon said:
I love covers of my favourite songs, no matter how badly done!

For instance, Reel Big Fish's ska-punk version of a-ha's 'Take On Me' is brilliant, and there is an excellent cover of Duran Duran's 'Girls on Film' by The Droyds, called 'Girls on Pills'.

In fact, I love covers so much I went out and bought a CD called 'Covered', with Flunk's 'Blue Monday' a highlight. Someone else did a cover of the same song- The Orb or someone?- which is even better.

I've also heard a techno version of Nirvana's 'Smells Like Teen Spirit', brilliant stuff.

Anyway, that's enough for now- and this is my first post by the way, so please be nice to me!

Hehe....just testing! :wink:

ARRRRRGH NOT ANOTHER COVER OF DURAN DURANS MUSIC!!! CAN'T THESE BLOOMING SINGERS WRITE THEIR OWN MUSIC! AND STOP NICKING OTHER BANDS LYRICS!!! :mad: :( :sad: :madspit:

beli said:
Hi Bunglon and welcome :wave:

I like Bjorn Agains version of Smells Like Teen Spirit. Yep, their impersonating ABBA impersonating Nirvana. :huh: :up:

Hi Beli! Thanks for your reply! I've made a friend here already!haha......sooner than expected! :wave:

Well, your story about Bjorn Again is amazing - very ironic! :huh:

They're touring Australia at the moment, so I might just get the chance to see them perform the song you're talking about! :wink:

Re: Re: Covers

Kate1 said:

ARRRRRGH NOT ANOTHER COVER OF DURAN DURANS MUSIC!!! CAN'T THESE BLOOMING SINGERS WRITE THEIR OWN MUSIC! AND STOP NICKING OTHER BANDS LYRICS!!! :mad: :( :sad: :madspit:

Hmmm.....I would have thought that there is no better compliment!

And to tell you the truth, THE DROYDS VERSION IS HEAPS BETTER!!!!!

Oops, acidentally left my cap lock on then- I wasn't really shouting, at least not VERY loud!

Haha....... :madspit:

Re: Re: Re: Covers

Bunglon said:

Hmmm.....I would have thought that there is no better compliment!

And to tell you the truth, THE DROYDS VERSION IS HEAPS BETTER!!!!!

Oops, acidentally left my cap lock on then- I wasn't really shouting, at least not VERY loud!

Haha....... :madspit:

Well lets just agree to disagree then! :wink:

Bunglon :wave:

If you get a chance to see Bjorn Again they are excellent. I want to see them when they tour Aus too but there playing Perth when I will be 9 months pregnant. :down:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Covers

Kate1 said:

Well lets just agree to disagree then! :wink:

Haha....far more interesting to disagree! :wink:

But honestly, trust me, if you hear The Droyd's version of 'Girls on Pills', you will thank me forever!

BUT NO SEX PLEASE!!!!! :huh:

beli said:
Bunglon :wave:

If you get a chance to see Bjorn Again they are excellent. I want to see them when they tour Aus too but there playing Perth when I will be 9 months pregnant. :down:

Hehe....usually concerts cause pregnancies, not the other way around!!!!

My first son was born exactly 9 months AFTER a Screaming Jets concert in the 90s!!!hahahaha....

Anyway, Bjorn Again is touring Tasmania in July- and I'm gonna see them, no matter how pregnant I am!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

Unborn babies love music, by the way Belibabe!!!!!! :wink:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Covers

Bunglon said:

Haha....far more interesting to disagree! :wink:

But honestly, trust me, if you hear The Droyd's version of 'Girls on Pills', you will thank me forever!

BUT NO SEX PLEASE!!!!! :huh:

I will take your word for it!!
There has been yet another remix of Duran Duran's view to a kill by Girls Alowd, i aint heard it yet but im sure its CRAP as is there other remixes!!! Have they ever written their own music?

Another remix is made by that crap group AlStars trying to make a come back with a Duran Duran song, not sure what its called though! :eyebrow:

I do like the version of Nirvana's 'The man who sold the world' written by David Bowie. Its a true classic! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom