Feeling like... no shelters left?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

girlhappy

War Child
It is all about losing people. In the past few years i lost many of my closest firends for various reasons. I feel like i could make a list longer than i could handle to read. Some of them are married, some just found the jobs and some ...well, something other. (not really nice, it is better to save your faith in human kind:))
Everybodys changing and i dont feel the same...this is the truth. But, i wonder... i feel like i had to move on. The thing is: i couldnt. i didnt find great boyfriend(i wonder if i ever will) i still dont have stable job, i am product of the broken home, and only thing that was secure at times was friendship. Now, in my early 30s i feel like i should be independent and strong without...almost anything???
Only chance i see is to rely on fullfilling job. Any advice from maybe life-experienced peoples would be great!Some mght say...rely on God. And usually that comes from people who are in shiny happy relationships, families, whatever. I just feel i lost too much, dear God. And nothing new didnt come like in other people lifes. I know, sounds like a lots of complaints, but there is a lot of pain. I am not sure God gives you as much as pain you can handle.

I've never found really good answers to your last paragraph. Too many people expect you to be happysounding and confident sounding even when you are not. Or they give you these saccharine philosophies--that is just their way of telling you they don't have any answers for you and don't want to bother thinking about it. I particularly could resonate with your sentence that you feel like you should be independent and strong--without almost anything. You have no safety net and you see all the people around you having one safety net or another. Whether they are happy with it or not is not the issue, it's still a safety net.

The only advice I can give is think seriously about what it is you want and go after that. Don't let anything get in the way of that focus. Break it down into manageable goals and don't let your thoughts get too cluttered. Be easy on yourself and find some little core in you that no one can hurt.

girlhappy said:
Any advice from maybe life-experienced peoples would be great!Some mght say...rely on God. And usually that comes from people who are in shiny happy relationships, families, whatever. I just feel i lost too much, dear God. And nothing new didnt come like in other people lifes. I know, sounds like a lots of complaints, but there is a lot of pain. I am not sure God gives you as much as pain you can handle.

Hey girlhappy c'mon!! everyday we're given a extraodinary chance to live!!!
don't let sadness waste your days, really, don't think too much about it, just live...
you know, i'm one of those who would tell to to rely on God, as you say...
but I'm young, absolutely not realised in life, both professionally and relationally
(sometimes I feel depressed about how lonely I have been in the past years, and i still never had a serious relationship...) but all I can say is:
actually, I don't have any certainties, but i can ask god to give me the strenght to go through this...
we usually ask him to change reality...but we should ask him to give us the strenght to go through this...and my experience is, since i realised this thing, well i feel him closer, and i actually get the strenght i need...
but it's just what i think....and i'm actually too young to give advice actually....but when i went to africa last summer in a missionary support experience i felt better, much better actually....you know, help others help yourself first...we're all the same at the end...try to go to some charity experience, maybe....even next home, it's not necessary to go to africa or other continents...
anyway, even if i don't know you yet, many many hugs!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Tom

BonosSaint said:

You have no safety net and you see all the people around you having one safety net or another. Whether they are happy with it or not is not the issue, it's still a safety net.

I dont often have a chance to finds soeone who completely understands the way i feel. Thank you :wave:

My pleasure. My best friend feels the same way and it took years for her to clarify for me just how difficult a situation it is. (I'm a slow learner.:reject: ) My words are her words.

Last edited:
Like me, I don't think you should ever turn to other people for help ever. Your the only one who truley knows your situation, and the best way to approach whatever obstacles in life you've come about. And you're clearly old enough to be independant. No God is ever going to help you. God isn't going to get you a boyfriend, but if you do get a boyfriend, you can thank God for that :eyebrow:. I don't know why, but being alone in my life is the most liberating feeling I've ever felt. I make my own decisions and everything I do comes from my own devices, you learn alot out of it.

AussieU2fanman said:
Like me, I don't think you should ever turn to other people for help ever. Your the only one who truley knows your situation, and the best way to approach whatever obstacles in life you've come about. And you're clearly old enough to be independant. No God is ever going to help you. God isn't going to get you a boyfriend, but if you do get a boyfriend, you can thank God for that :eyebrow:. I don't know why, but being alone in my life is the most liberating feeling I've ever felt. I make my own decisions and everything I do comes from my own devices, you learn alot out of it.

And you never get lonely and scared?:|

Back
Top Bottom