F*** Me... I Got Into An Accident Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
On the way home, coming off the service drive. We were all backed up, and I was looking to see if anyone was coming. I hit this Explorer in front of me. :scream: :banghead: The right headlight is smashed, the grill plate is broken, the hood is (slightly) bent, and we think the steering fluid (?) is leaking, therefore making it really fucking hard to turn my steering wheel. Of course the asshole in the Explorer got away without a scratch. :madspit: He was a dick, too. Here I was, this hysterical young girl, and not even an "Are you OK?" :mad: Fucker.

I feel like such a goddamn idiot. I guess my mom and I are going to get the minimum on it fixed, then I am selling this fucker if possible then getting something new. It hasn't been a lemon, not in the slightest, but I just never felt "right" with this car, if you know what I mean. I am going to sound like a spoiled brat here, but I am used to driving newer cars. :shrug:

Anyway, with the way I was feeling this morning and throughout the day, I should have stayed in bed and said "fuck it all", at least for one day. :|

I feel like such an ungrateful crybaby, too, because it could have been worse, I could have gotten hurt. :slant:

As long as you're NOT hurt.

And you have every right to be upset. You were in an accident. Trust me, it's a really scary thing. So rant, rave, and cry....just feel better soon and take care, okay? :hug:

april, im sorry:(

im sure you know about the trouble i went thru with my car this past week, but the only thing that counts is that your safe, and alive:hug:

Don't beat yourself up April...you didn't do it on purpose, that's why its called an accident. Luckily you weren't hurt and cars can be fixed. I know it totally sucks but it could have been so much worse.

:hug:

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
As long as you're NOT hurt.

And you have every right to be upset. You were in an accident. Trust me, it's a really scary thing. So rant, rave, and cry....just feel better soon and take care, okay? :hug:

Exactly! :yes:

I'm always around if you want to talk, Poodle. :hug:

More importantly..how is the Jeep?
Did the Jeep get hurt?
jk:)
Glad youre ok April:)

Diamond

Last edited:
Glad you were not hurt, April :). And :madspit: to the driver of the Explorer. First of all for driving a car who's bumper is way higher than most regular sized cars (my accident was with a the Mercury explorer clone, and pretty much the same thing happened to me, except no damage to the engine compartment), and 2nd for being an inconsiderate prick who didn't even ask if you were ok. Rave away, accidents are frustrating and you shouldn't expect to keep it all in - I know I screamed and raved like a madman on the way home from my accident.

Get a Mini Cooper - those things are cool! :D

Good to know you're ok. :yes:

It's perfectly okay to feel upset and shaken up in an accident, even if no one gets hurt phisically.

I know exactly how you feel! :sad: Last month, I was pulling out of my neighborhood onto the main road, and I got hit in the side! I felt like an idiot, I mean, I drive all the time and have for 17 years! I could've sworn I looked both ways, I don't know what happened. I really do know better. I still can't believe it. :scream: :banghead: I know what you mean about should've stayed in bed too. It was only 8 AM on a Saturday and I usually sleep later than that. I was going to Burger King for breakfast and then to buy some screws to fix something. I sure wish I had slept in!

Worst of all, my car got totalled. It had a rebuilt motor and mostly all the parts had been replaced, but because it was a 94 and had a small dent on the other side they only gave me peanuts. I lost my good, dependable car and now have a piece of shit. That really sucks. I also know what you mean about feeling 'right' with a car- she was like an extension of me, I knew her and felt right driving her. I am so pissed at myself and feel so bad! Since it's my fault I have to worry about the guy sueing me for whiplash or something.

So bad as you feel, you're not as bad off as me, if that is any consolation! I'm really sorry it happened to you and I hope you're okay and don't get sued either. :hug:

Thanks, guys. Today I feel a bit better, but hopefully that won't change any once we know what the cost will be to repair it. I am repairing it to sell it, that's it. :down: I still feel like such an idiot, because I have driven home and gone on that service drive god knows how many times, and of course it had to be on a Friday night, when I felt like my shitty mood and day was getting better. :(

I am grateful I wasn't hurt, though. And U2Kitten, I don't think the guy can sue me, since he got not a single bit of a scratch on his truck, and was fine as could be. I am so sorry about your car and situation, though. God, cars. :scream: :banghead:

:hug: I'm glad you're ok. I know how stressful accidents can be - I've cried for days afterwards. As dumb as it sounds, and as much as you don't want to hear it now, luckily it will just be a minor incident in the long run. We've all been there, and soon the :sad:ness will wear off. I think most people have had :der: accidents before. I'm glad it wasn't worse!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Thanks, guys. Today I feel a bit better, but hopefully that won't change any once we know what the cost will be to repair it. I am repairing it to sell it, that's it. :down: I still feel like such an idiot, because I have driven home and gone on that service drive god knows how many times, and of course it had to be on a Friday night, when I felt like my shitty mood and day was getting better. :(

I am grateful I wasn't hurt, though. And U2Kitten, I don't think the guy can sue me, since he got not a single bit of a scratch on his truck, and was fine as could be. I am so sorry about your car and situation, though. God, cars. :scream: :banghead:

I feel like a bigger idiot, it was my own street :banghead: Thanks for your kind words and I hope everthing goes well for you! :)

The reason I'm so worried about the sueing thing is I've seen it happen to people I know personally for ridiculous reasons. Like these:

>My cousin was sued for whiplash by an asshole he barely bumped as he backed into him. The other guy was still parked and had not started his car. There was hardly a scratch on either bumper and my cousin apologized and drove home. The asshole had written down his liscense plate, and a few days later he was sued for whiplash!

>a friend was sued for whiplash by people in 2 cars she was pushed into waiting at a red light. She was the third car back, another behind her, and a fifth car hit the whole line and caused a minor pileup. The guy who caused it had no insurance, so the first two cars sued my friend even though she was sitting still and had no control over the situation!

>another relative was driving a school bus and was hit from behind while at a stop letting kids off. The impact was barely felt and none of the kids even noticed it until they were told about it. Though the kids were very healthy and playful at the time, within days 11 of them had sued (parents to blame of course) claiming whiplash, neck pain, back pain, and emotional trauma that will last a lifetime! It's not like any kid was disturbed or saw bloody classmates or anything. No one appeared hurt at the scene.

>another relative was pushed off the road coming out of a toll booth by a semi. Three cars were forced together and bumped and it was no one's fault but the truck. The truck got away before anyone could see his plates. One of the three in the force over sued my relative and the other person, claiming his back was so seriously damaged he could not work, or have sex! At the scene, this guy was not only perfectly fine, but gave chase up the interstate on foot trying to see the plates of the truck!

All of these cases went to court and were eventually settled out of court, the fakers winning something every time. So it all makes me sick, and with every wreck I have to wonder and worry if the lying person and their crooked lawyer might try something. The guy I wrecked with was fine too (his truck was damaged though) but I still worried he'd come up sueing later.

Hopefully, the courts are fed up with such suits and will not allow those incidents to happen anymore, but there are a lot of crooked lawyers out there, and even crooked doctors who will falsify x-rays. I heard about that on one of those TV news shows.

Anyway, all the best to you, good luck, and hopefully one day it won't matter at all. :hug: :)

:( That totally sucks.

It's weird though, because my neighbour got into an accident yesterday too. Her van was hit by a white vehicle (I can tell because of the paint left on it), and the hood is bent, the grill thing is broken too, as well, the headlight is cracked, and part of it's gone. Reading your description made me go Whoa?!

:hug:

Sorry Sis...I must have missed this post during my weekend of binge drinking/celebrating. Talk more soon...

:lol:

Yeah, I see where you would've. :hug:

I'm not so much stressed over what exactly I'm going to do now, as much as WHEN it'll get done. I am just about the most impatient person on earth, so this whole having to be driven to work while we go about getting the car fixed is driving me insane. :crack:

:scratch: I remember replying to this thread, but my post's not here. (*probably hit reset form instead of submit reply :der: )

Anyway, glad you're okay. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom