Ever get those days?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MooMoo!

New Yorker
...where you'll be upset or crying about a "problem" in your life, yet when you really think about it, you have it off so much better than others, and you really have no right to be upset about it? :|

And then you feel guilty about being upset and it makes you feel worse? :huh:

yeah, all the time. try not to beat yourself up too much, because the guilt cycle is really shitty. your problems are yours and theyre valid to you and that's all that matters. there's a difference between counting your blessings/having perspective and using the fact that children in africa are starving to put yourself down.

^see i could go on about that for years and it's all true of course, but yet i still have the exact same problem you've got. :huh:

I was feeling like that the other day....then when I went to pick the kids up from school I found out that one of the teachers who adopted a baby at 2 weeks old rushed him to the doctor because he wasn't breathing right had died while waiting for an operation. The doctor had said the little angel had an embulism. My day wasn't bad at all.

Sometimes you just need a kick in the butt of perspectiveness. (new word ):uhoh:

Yes I've done this. When I am down or thinking that way, feeling blue or depressed I always try putting things in persepctive by telling myself things could always be much worse....or have....and that usually does it for me. :wink:

(That's a horrible story about the teacher's adopted baby, JC. The poor woman & her family!)

Back
Top Bottom