Enough already!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2democrat said:
Yeah, I know i've got plenty of time, just not a lot of patience :lol:

so you think

as a late started

let me tell you something

jump in with both feet

we have only got so much time

don't let society, and others pressure you about what is right and wrong

choose for yourself, be kind and good to yourself
and don't be too hard on yourself

life is to be experienced

when you are older

there is often more regret
for not taking risks

than for grabbing life and taking it for what it can be.

time runs out for all of us

Last edited:
Seems like you've got plenty of emotional support here, so I'll dispense with that and get to some advice. :wink:

Stammer's Rules to Getting A Guy in College (in no particular order):

1.) Get Out: To quote Woody Allen, "90% of success is just showing up" (or some variation). A guy can't get interested in a girl who isn't around, so make it a point to be a social butterfly and attend as many social gatherings as can fit in your schedule. Even if it's a stupid social that you won't enjoy, chances are there's a guy there who's thinking the same thing; then you have an opening!

2.) Get Risky: Don't be afraid to make the first move. As romantic as it may seem for the guy to do that, the truth is that a lot of guys have a low self esteem and are constantly second guessing themselves. End their internal debate by going after what you want.

3.) Get Up: Most guys I know say that confidence is one of the sexiest things a woman can have. Learn to love who God made you to be, and that confidence will draw them in like a magnet.

4.) Get Real: Never compromise. Sure it's lonely, but consider that "respect" is currency to men, and they'll only respect you if are honest about who you are and what you're about. If you change for a guy, he'll either drop you or take advantage of you.

5.) Get Nice: The male ego is a powerful thing. Be nice to it and it will be nice to you. Men want to be respected more than they want to be loved, so consider that a good compliment about who he is or what he does means the equivalent of him getting you roses or taking you on the perfect date.

Don't know if you were looking for advice, but I'm going to me a man and give it anyway. :wink: Hope that helps. Good luck!

I was there last night, with you in that classroom. It wasn't making the best of this distance, for in that space and time I didn't miss you. Your feet were really on my lap, your skirt tethered nervously past your knee, and my circulation was absolutely off the chart again. In a manner that you can understand, that adds immeasurably to my own life, I want to tell you how your lips met my own, because they had to kissed in my own secret addition to last night.

And it will sound so ordinary, these words, but you know what they mean after last night's discussion.

Because at the door, to tell myself it wasn't a dream, and yet because the moment felt secure and offered a perfection of it's own, I stole a kiss from you last night that thrilled me, and held me to this incredible bounty who's physical encumbrance stalls me through the hours passed since. This kiss covered everything that hasn't been said since the first night I fell in love with you physically and forgot about these self imposed cautions..they are difficult ideals because I alone thirst to wet your lips, dry with your hot breath, with moisture from my own. The vessel was partially open, and within the shape that formed, the elliptical sliver offered a brief glimpse of the impossibly natural white rims run down from a roof that I've never explored. It was partially open, whether to form "stop..please", or to offer encouragement in the manner of a sonorous and telling moan, I shall never know, because, at that instant your lower lip protruded outward, full and pink on the inside, circulation of your own gushing, the two shade revealed more than I could handle, and my own teeth tugged nimbly, swollen with attention from their mistress's white rims all evening The lower offered resistance in it's enlarged condition. A sudden gentleness ensued within my own manner, and I took my entire mouth to your lip, to hold it, to caress it, to pamper and spoil it in the attention it demanded. The sliver opened ever so gently, and though timeless lunar gravity, slowly lost its memory and your upper lip, alone and forgotten, fell atop my own, as though returning back to its natural rest.

The cherished dimples couldn't be seen but I knew they made an appearance at that instant, I could feel the taut of your lower lip as your invisible smile led me on. I dared to let go for a moment, to look at the smile, to make an offering, and you would have none of it. Something was blurted in that distance by the both of us, again, It got lost in all the silent din, and then you exacted vengeance upon me.

we wrested each other in the gentlest and most draining tug of war, you emerged victorious and your mouth overtook mine. No longer held back by invisible manacles, both your lips matched my orbital velocity as we left the surface, you burned my tongue forever when you branded it with your own taste. Uncharted. The very same tongue spoke nothing of love, but of need, and of desire, as it explored my own.

Outside the cavity, the stars were not held in any suspense for they were witness to this crescendo. Your lips devoured mine, leaving us unable to close that final door of ultimate restraint. A charming horizon, the manner in which our noses accidentally passed by each other with neither party being chivalrous enough to yield. You canted sideways a few degrees, the upper competing with the lower. A ruptured cadence was in our thesaurus of passion, there was no pattern to either of us. The pink within, was a colour I could taste at this point, the fullness of your lower lip, lubricated, achieved it's momentum and became a language of it's own while I remained but a dizzied participant. A pressing alarm ensued within me to respond, but I was hapless in this ecstasy of your passion. You noticed this momentary paralysis and bit hard on my own lip, a muffled "ouch!" playfully came through. The dimples arose. Your eyes conveyed "you deserved it" in all their naughtiness, and I thought I couldn't love you any more then this.

You somehow caught it, the thoughts bordered on telepathy, and the change came over you.

Your lips, they softly smothered my pretense in their nursery, and I felt humbled that my own understanding was so limited as to attempt definition of our pinnacle of love a few moments ago. There was no definition to this, there existed no comparison and no scale to weigh it against. It was different as you like to say. You noticed, you notice everything, for from those lips cried out:

"listen to the rhythm that's confusing you"

to the rhythm...it's so simple

It should be all that & more U2democrat. It is peculiar as the above was recently an entry in the online journal I maintain here on this website.

ensure that your first kiss forever remains with you.

Just don't freak out trying to make it a magical, picturesque, unforgettable moment. That above description is nice, sure. But.... I don't think it's fair to put the cart infront of the horse, either. I wouldn't worry about it living up to motion-picture expectations, though I'm sure you're capable of being above that on your own. Natural is usually the best way, in my opinion

Sorry, didnt read all posts carefully, maybe someone suggested it before but i think your problem may be simillar to mine (for the record, im 19 too. ) - maybe you simply want too much? Dont get me wrong, im talking from experience. I mean, ive been always searching for an intelligent person, with lots of interests, a good sense of humour, a handsom one, well dressed etc etc. i guess i was just looking for an ideal guy. no wonder why i always treated men like they were not good enough for me. but there are no ideals in the real life. so lately i decided to lower my expectations. and tomorrow im dating a guy who's definitelly not a handsome type and maybe doesnt dance well :wink: but we'd spent some great time together and i know he simply is a good man. well, we'll see tomorrow i guess

maybe it isnt the best advice. i kno eevryone should have their dreams. but maybe it is. maybe you should try it too? dont look for an ideal, try different things, find out what you like in different guys... maybe you'll find out the ideal is different from what you originally thought?!

ok, i just read what i wrote here and it seems a bit cynical doesnt it :wink: but im not cynical on it, really.
anyway, good luck to you u2 dem! im sure you'll be fine! :)

Last edited:
I feel sort of like that, U2democrat. Except I've been in love with this guy for about a year now (I've liked him for longer than that), but he's with someone else, he had been with that person before I even met him, in fact his girlfriend was my friend before he was :huh: I've only just now gotten to the point where I feel like I could date someone else (even though I still love this guy) - but who? There's a couple guys I sort of like, but nothing serious, and to be honest, I could never make the first move unless it was really obvious the guy liked me. And I don't think either of them do. It's hard, watching all my other friends pair up and me being the one left out. I tell myself, oh, high school guys are stupid (I'm 17). But the guy I fell in love with was in high school (he's in college now) and I have good guy friends in high school that I don't see romantically but are mature and good boyfriends. I don't exactly have high self esteem in the first place, but the fact that for whatever reason no one seems to be interested in me basically kills any confidence I would have. I have plenty of friends, I'm a decent person, I'm kinda smart (4.0 GPA, but that doesnt MEAN anything), I play guitar and make my own music, I'm sorta good at art and writing, I'm not extremely fat or anything and I don't think I'm terribly ugly...my point is, I may not be very impressive or whatever but there's nothing really bad about me...I mean...I just don't know why no one likes me (though, to be honest, maybe the fact that I'm at a 80% black school makes a difference - cultural differences? my school is very "urban," even a lot of the white kids are. I'm not into the hip hop culture). It absolutely kills me that the only guy that maybe would have dated me is with someone else. That's life I guess.

Sorry for just completely ranting about my own situation, but the point is I know how you feel. I hate the loneliness. I guess we're young and there's plenty of time for relationships and we just have to wait or something. But I notice (and no offense to anyone here, I'm speaking more from my own experiences and people I know) that everyone that tells me that happen to be in relationships already or were at one point, and not one of them went through high school totally single.

I don't know.

Yes... I'm lonely too...

Just be glad you haven't been in any hurtful relationships. I was in a 3 year relationship that ended pretty sour and it's not an experience I value.

I need a girl who, will love meeee :(

I think you're being smart, not settling in any way, not doing something that doesn't feel right to you to 'hook up'. With your interests, you're bound to be around a lot of people, campaigning and whatnot. Stick to your guns and don't despair. Know that you're doing it the RIGHT way, and that in itself will be attractive when the guy you're looking for comes looking for you.

stammer476 said:
Seems like you've got plenty of emotional support here, so I'll dispense with that and get to some advice. :wink:

Stammer's Rules to Getting A Guy in College (in no particular order):

1.) Get Out: To quote Woody Allen, "90% of success is just showing up" (or some variation). A guy can't get interested in a girl who isn't around, so make it a point to be a social butterfly and attend as many social gatherings as can fit in your schedule. Even if it's a stupid social that you won't enjoy, chances are there's a guy there who's thinking the same thing; then you have an opening!

:yes:

this is such a good point. Even if half of the guys you meet are idiots there's always going to be a few that will be nice and genuinely catch your eye. And maybe vice-versa :wink:

easier said than done i know, but have faith in yourself!

Back
Top Bottom