Emotionally Unavailable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaynar

Acrobat
WHO ACTUALLY SAYS THIS???

"I'm emotionally unavailable"

I had a guy tell me this after 3 AMAZING dates. I'm not kidding, those actual words came out of his mouth. I didn't think people actually said that.

The emotions you have dialed are unavailable at this time. Please try again later.

It's one of those cliche things that people say when they don't feel you're in their best interest any longer, a better prospect has come up, or they don't think you're worth the time. Like 'let's just be friends for now'. It's a 'nice' way to be a jerk, mostly.

If people aren't interested, I don't get why they can't say 'I'm not interested' or 'Its too soon after my last relationship, I still have unresolved feelings/issues with my ex that I need to deal with'. Infinitely more clear than 'I'm emotionally unavailable'. People are going to be upset no matter what you say; might as well be sincere instead of insulting their intelligence by waxing sincere. Fake sincerety does little but bludgeon people with the fact that you don't have enough respect for them to be frank about things and have a real discussion about emotion.

People are wonderful that way.

if you're ready to give this up, you should be the one to break it off with him. i'm 99% sure he'll come running back to Marathon. tell him something like, 'i dont think it'll work between us, sorry. . . . ' then see who's 'emotionally unavailable' :mad: :madspit:

i thought those words only existed in Sex and the City
surely no one out there has so little self respect as to actually use them!

digsy said:
i thought those words only existed in Sex and the City
surely no one out there has so little self respect as to actually use them!

That's my point!!! :yes:

oh I have little care for the guy at this point.

-when I asked for clarification he said he wasn't over his ex. Man, I don't need someone who's going to give me such crappy excuses!

shaynar said:
WHO ACTUALLY SAYS THIS???

"I'm emotionally unavailable"

I had a guy tell me this after 3 AMAZING dates. I'm not kidding, those actual words came out of his mouth. I didn't think people actually said that.

so he told you after 3 dates..........

better than 4, or 10, you could say.

its funny that he would say that about himself

women usually say that about husbands or boyfriends.
its usually when women are feeling emotionally and need thier spouse/boyfriends shoulder to cry on...
and they respond by changing subject or just avoid it all together.
i guess someone might do that without even realising they are doin it.

Back
Top Bottom