Eh,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
I've liked this one girl for quite a bit and was planning on asking her out. I had a few opportunities, but chickened out. A day or two later, I found out she was going out with a guy, so I backed off and sulked like a Packers fan for a bit. Then, today, it turns out she's single again. This all happened in the span of this weekend, so do the "give her some time" and "rebound" rules still apply? Or are those only for longer-term relationships?

So again ... what's the answer ??? Please give advice.

I will actually listen to the advice though.

I'm pissed at you for not appreciating my Gangs of NY reference in the business trip thread, so, I am not going to give you the benefit of my wisdom....which is a devastating blow, because any 37 year old single male is obviously an expert when it comes to affairs of the heart.

No spoken words said:
I'm pissed at you for not appreciating my Gangs of NY reference in the business trip thread, so, I am not going to give you the benefit of my wisdom....which is a devastating blow, because any 37 year old single male is obviously an expert when it comes to affairs of the heart.

I caught that reference BTW, well done sir, well done. But I'm not posting in that fucking behemoth of a thread. I have no idea what's going on there. :no:

I can't comment with any experience knowledge or anything. I've been the chicken though, so there's that.

Lancemc said:

I caught that reference BTW, well done sir, well done. But I'm not posting in that fucking behemoth of a thread. I have no idea what's going on there. :no:

Thanks. :)

You should invest the time and read it from the beginning....the first 8 pages or so are classic.

And by the way, the obvious answer is kidnapping and interrogation.

...I don't think it matter who though.

No spoken words said:

I don't think a single soul appreciated my Young Ones reference, so I sympathise, NSW.

I'd bite the bullet and ask this particular girl out. You don't have much to lose. Sounds like the other relationship was over before anything began, anyway.

No spoken words said:

???

And seriously, even though I shouldn't say shit here, I regret to this day never asking out this one girl back in high school. Now things are totally fucked up between us, and there's almost nothing left to salvage. So poo.

This girl might be going to college with me, too, so I dunno.

And then there's the token "Girl I'll Always Like But Will Always Be Friends With" who I've mentioned a few times before... that's on the downswing for now, so it seems like the time is right to go for this.

Going out next weekend would be great, but I'll be at District Thespian Festival or whatever all-day Friday and Saturday... meh.

Last edited:
My biggest problem right now is that my two closest friends that are girls both have boyfriends. One of them broke up with her long-time boyfriend, and then got in another relationship in about two weeks. The other has been in a two-year relationship.

Fuck.

And it was addressed to me, too. Double phail points then.

phillyfan26 said:
My biggest problem right now is that my two closest friends that are girls both have boyfriends. One of them broke up with her long-time boyfriend, and then got in another relationship in about two weeks. The other has been in a two-year relationship.

Fuck.

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't understand long-term relationships in high school... and I never will. I'll never forgive them for the death of my boy.

I think you responded with a Lance's mom joke.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm sorry to hear that. I don't understand long-term relationships in high school... and I never will. I'll never forgive them for the death of my boy.

The funny thing is that both girls said to me a year ago, "I'd go to Prom with you, cause I probably won't be dating so and so next year."

One still is, and one has just gotten another boyfriend.

Fuck me.

And on that happy note, I will hit the proverbial sack. Or hit the hay if you will. Or, uh...

I'm going to sleep, guys.

NSFW, did you catch the Trek ref?

phillyfan26 said:
I think you responded with a Lance's mom joke.

The funny thing is that both girls said to me a year ago, "I'd go to Prom with you, cause I probably won't be dating so and so next year."

One still is, and one has just gotten another boyfriend.

Fuck me.

It's a women's prerogative to change their minds I guess. And Bobby Brown's.

Good night, good sir.

phillyfan26 said:

Fuck.

just out of curiosity - why does two closest girl friends being in relationships = fuck.

phillyfan26 said:

You can do better.

Take my word for it.

phillyfan26 said:

what i meant was, why do they have that impact. there are lots of other girls out there that might be more suitable
dontknow.gif
just because the two you were friends with are taken doesn't mean someone who is more right for you might not be out there.

snowbunny00774 said:

just out of curiosity - why does two closest girl friends being in relationships = fuck.

Exactly. Trust me, you want someone that WANTS you as their first choice. :up:...and not as some sort of consolation prize because they happen to not be DATING someone at that time.:|

BonoManiac said:

Exactly. Trust me, you want someone that WANTS you as their first choice. :up:...and not as some sort of consolation prize because they happen to not be DATING someone at that time.:|

:yes:

BonoManiac said:

:up:

It's the truth, pfan.

snowbunny00774 said:
what i meant was, why do they have that impact. there are lots of other girls out there that might be more suitable
dontknow.gif
just because the two you were friends with are taken doesn't mean someone who is more right for you might not be out there.

What I meant was, I'm not close to any other girls right now. They're the only two I'm friends with, and the only two I could really see myself dating or anything. They're could be others out there, but, as of right now, I don't know of them.

Back
Top Bottom