Eh,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YLB, you will never sit in a chair the same way again after you see The Godfather.

godfather.jpg

Fredo, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the hotels, I don't want you near my house. When you see our mother, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?

No spoken words said:
Fredo, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the hotels, I don't want you near my house. When you see our mother, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?

That's what I told my brother at Christmas when he burned the gravy. How in the hell do you burn gravy?

Good lord can we try to keep some threads on topic here?

I would give her a little time before asking her out, personally.

I'm not joking. There are other places here to 'chit chat' and be less serious.

Sicy said:
I'm not joking. There are other places here to 'chit chat' and be less serious.

Thanks Sicy, I've been trying to tell them all that this internet is serious business. I for one do not appreciate their shenanigans.

YLB, I think if you were older I would tell you to wait a bit to ask this girl out. But the fact of the matter is that you're young and she probably wasn't thinking she was going to marry this guy, why wait? Jump in. Ask her if she wants to go on a date. If she says its too soon, make a joke about calling her tomorrow and asking.

Make sure you say that last part with a smile on your face though or she might slap you with a restraining order.

In other news, it turns out the vague message about hanging out thing worked. Funny part is, she said her cell number was floating around on so-and-so's wall somewhere, which is exactly where I would have gotten it from on my own originally. But at least she offered it, and I won't feel so scuzzy calling now. Horrah.

Dalton said:

Thanks Sicy, I've been trying to tell them all that this internet is serious business. I for one do not appreciate their shenanigans.

YLB, I think if you were older I would tell you to wait a bit to ask this girl out. But the fact of the matter is that you're young and she probably wasn't thinking she was going to marry this guy, why wait? Jump in. Ask her if she wants to go on a date. If she says its too soon, make a joke about calling her tomorrow and asking.

Make sure you say that last part with a smile on your face though or she might slap you with a restraining order.

Yes, I'm gonna jump on it soon. I gave my friends permission to kick me in the shins if I don't ask by Thursday. Threats of physical violence usually get me to do something.

Lancemc said:
In other news, it turns out the vague message about hanging out thing worked. Funny part is, she said her cell number was floating around on so-and-so's wall somewhere, which is exactly where I would have gotten it from on my own originally. But at least she offered it, and I won't feel so scuzzy calling now. Horrah.

Congrats.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I gave my friends permission to kick me in the shins if I don't ask by Thursday. Threats of physical violence usually get me to do something.

Just as permission for violence never fails to result in violence. :shifty:

phillyfan26 said:

Just as permission for violence never fails to result in violence. :shifty:

It's just a fail-safe thing. You know, like in Dr. Strangelove...

oh shit.

I did ask her out today and got

"Okay, sure."

*looks surprised*

"I'll talk to you about it later"

LemonMacPhisto said:
I did ask her out today and got

"Okay, sure."

*looks surprised*

"I'll talk to you about it later"

Girls love free food, of course she's down for it. Depends on whether or not she's up for another one.

Lancemc said:

Not into me like that, plus she likes someone else. No big.

Now there's another girl I spent nearly the entire day with yesterday at our Thespian District Festival, but she's going through a messy break-up right now with another friend of mine. He's being a douche to her and will probably turn on me, too, if I make a move too soon. That would suck because he and she are both probably the best 2 actors in the Troupe after this year's class graduate, and I'm being sort of groomed to write/direct largely with them next year.

So there's that.

Last edited:
Well, beyond the guy being a douche to her, it's rarely, no, never a good idea to make a move on someone in the midst of or right after a messy break up. Unless you like being a rebound.

That's what I was thinking.

Would 2-3 weeks be a good waiting time? I think it just depends on how long this whole thing drags out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom