"DUH!" Moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when you thought things could get better...

I was at Blockbuster recently, and I come around the corner, to my surprise I spot my recent ex surveying for a DVD. Our break-up hasn't been easy for me and the night before I made a random 3am call to his mobile and left a long message on how much I miss him (After a few Cosmopolitans, damn you think YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!).
Well I freak out and I run back into the aisle, dropping my selected DVD's, my Fun Dip and my whole candy party package (mostly chocolate to drown out my tears). He moves closer to my aisle so I duck out of my aisle and I knock over the video stand, which created a whole Domino effect and SIX WHOLE ROWS FELL OVER LEAVING ME STANDING THERE EXPOSED.
He looks over and the look on his face was horrified. I can tell he wanted to laugh so bad but he was too mad. He shakes his head and storms out of the Blockbuster.
The Blockbuster crew came over to fix everything and I excused myself and dashed out to my friends waiting in the car.
I never wanted to move to a different country so bad...I think we laughed so hard until I started crying.

xtal...ever consider moving? Heh.

Seriously, that really sucks :hug:. A :hug: to the soul waits, too.

I have an embarrassing moment to share. This happened back when my family was living in Nebraska.

'Kay, so we'd gone to the grocery store one night, and my dad saw that a big screen TV was being given away, so he decided to enter for it (we didn't win it, though).

Fast forward a good number of weeks or whatever to another trip to the grocery store. I'm in some aisle and happen to look over and see that the new contest is to win some piece of farm equipment or something, and I can't believe I see my dad standing there entering the contest. Our family doesn't live on a farm, and so why he'd need/want that, I don't know. So I go over there, and I start to say, "You're not actually going to enter for that, are you?" when the person standing there looks up at me.

Uh. Yeah. The guy's back was turned to me when I was in the aisle, and from far away, he looked like my dad...but he wasn't. I was about ready to make fun of some random guy for entering that contest. I just stopped talking, apologized quickly, and turned and walked away.

Open mouth, insert foot, huh?

Angela

Can someone make these smilies?
I'd like the one where the ostrich sticks her head in the sand. I honestly feel like doing that at times.

I have a funny kid story:
My cousin was about 3 years old and she used to call her private parts "bobbin", a twisted version of "bottom". One day at my house, we have company over, and my aunt comes down from the sewing room and says, "Bonnie? Where is your bobbin?" (A bobbin is a sewing machine part) and my little cousin goes, "MOMMY! YOU KNOW WHERE BONNIE'S BOBBIN IS!"
She had the family guests falling over in laughter.

True story:

A few years ago my beater car needed new tires. My bro-in-law had some connections at a tire place in town. He says, "You should ask for Kelly radials."

I didn't realize that Kelly radials are a TYPE OF TIRE. I was thinking that this was a girl that he knew that worked there, and I should deal with her.

So I call ahead to make sure "she" is working that day - I call and say, "Is Kelly Radials working today?" They are like "Who? What?" And I'm thinking I am maybe pronouncing the name wrong so I say "I'm trying to reach Kelly Rah-die-alls?" There is a long pause and the guy says, "Uh, is this a prank? You know those are a brand of tires?"

I can't remember for sure but I think I hung up in embarassment :reject:

Last edited:
bonosloveslave said:
True story:

A few years ago my beater car needed new tires. My bro-in-law had some connections at a tire place in town. He says, "You should ask for Kelly radials."

I didn't realize that Kelly radials are a TYPE OF TIRE. I was thinking that this was a girl that he knew that worked there, and I should deal with her.

So I call ahead to make sure "she" is working that day - I call and say, "Is Kelly Radials working today?" They are like "Who? What?" And I'm thinking I am maybe pronouncing the name wrong so I say "I'm trying to reach Kelly Rah-die-alls?" There is a long pause and the guy says, "Uh, is this a prank? You know those are a brand if tires?"

:lmao:

Reminds me of the time, me at 21 when I had to get my car a tune up. I had a Honda Accord.
I called up a tune up shop and they had asked me what kind of car I had. I blanked out and said the first thing that came to mind, "It's a Honda Subaru."
The guy laughed so hard that when it came time for me to bring it in, I had my mom do it. I couldn't face the guy.

bonosloveslave said:
True story:

So I call ahead to make sure "she" is working that day - I call and say, "Is Kelly Radials working today?" They are like "Who? What?" And I'm thinking I am maybe pronouncing the name wrong so I say "I'm trying to reach Kelly Rah-die-alls?" There is a long pause and the guy says, "Uh, is this a prank? You know those are a brand of tires?"

BWAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! :lmao: :heart:

Honest to god, my mother is the epitome of "duh" moments. And as an aside, she only became so ditzy when she became a bottle blonde.

I on the other hand am stupid as ever, despite my hair varying in colour from blonde to brown to blue. So I don't
think the stereotype holds toooo much weight.

Saying that has anyone ever watched "Essex Wives"?

Moonlit_Angel said:
xtal...ever consider moving? Heh.

Seriously, that really sucks :hug:. A :hug: to the soul waits, too.

I have an embarrassing moment to share. This happened back when my family was living in Nebraska.

'Kay, so we'd gone to the grocery store one night, and my dad saw that a big screen TV was being given away, so he decided to enter for it (we didn't win it, though).

Fast forward a good number of weeks or whatever to another trip to the grocery store. I'm in some aisle and happen to look over and see that the new contest is to win some piece of farm equipment or something, and I can't believe I see my dad standing there entering the contest. Our family doesn't live on a farm, and so why he'd need/want that, I don't know. So I go over there, and I start to say, "You're not actually going to enter for that, are you?" when the person standing there looks up at me.

Uh. Yeah. The guy's back was turned to me when I was in the aisle, and from far away, he looked like my dad...but he wasn't. I was about ready to make fun of some random guy for entering that contest. I just stopped talking, apologized quickly, and turned and walked away.

Open mouth, insert foot, huh?

Angela

this has happened to me!(kinda) I was at gap/banana republic- some clothing store and my bf was changing into clothes and i kept throwing clothes into the stall i thought he was in!( turns out he was in a stall next to him) and the guy that was in the stall just kept throwing the clothes back out saying he didn't need them. I was confused to why so I banged on the door and asked him why he didn't like my choices and I yelled, "Just try them on, you look dorky in clothes that I dont pick out, just put them on and shut up." The guy thought i was a salesperson and opened the door and in a really sweet voice said, "I'm sorry, maam, these are two sizes to small." I explained quickly and told my bf to hurry up and get out of the store.

bonosgirls84, I think Xtral was the one who mentioned to change the thread to Duh Moments, just to let you know- should be the one to thank. :)

Colours4U2 said:
this has happened to me!(kinda) I was at gap/banana republic- some clothing store and my bf was changing into clothes and i kept throwing clothes into the stall i thought he was in!( turns out he was in a stall next to him) and the guy that was in the stall just kept throwing the clothes back out saying he didn't need them. I was confused to why so I banged on the door and asked him why he didn't like my choices and I yelled, "Just try them on, you look dorky in clothes that I dont pick out, just put them on and shut up." The guy thought i was a salesperson and opened the door and in a really sweet voice said, "I'm sorry, maam, these are two sizes to small." I explained quickly and told my bf to hurry up and get out of the store.

LOL, aw...:hug:.

Angela

Colours4U2 said:
bonosgirls84, I think Xtral was the one who mentioned to change the thread to Duh Moments, just to let you know- should be the one to thank. :)

I was the mod that actually changed the title of the thread - but it was nice of xtal to come up with an alternative, I'm always reluctant to make changes unless the thread starter asks for it :)

There was a time when my four children were constantly falling off bikes or out of trees or getting hit by cars on their bikes. I made three trips to the hospital emergency room in a day and a half. I guess that's what happens with "active" children. ANYWAY, it got to the point that when my husband's secretary told him it was me on the phone he would pick it up and say, "What happened now?" One time I was a bit excited when I called and when he asked what happened now all I said was, "I don't have to go in the ambulance just because they called for one, do I?"

I THOUGHT I called my dad's cell phone last night and left him a message...but I had actually called my boyfriend's cell phone, so he got the message that was meant for my dad. :der: :eek: :reject: My boyfriend was like, "Didn't you even LISTEN to the voicemail message???" :lol: :reject:

bonosloveslave said:
True story:

:lmao:!!

My embarassing moment was a when I was in my early twenties. I was making toast in the toaster when all of a sudden it caught on fire. It was a very small fire. So what did I do to put it out? Yes, I put water on it while still plugged in. After the small fire petered out, I decided to use a fork and try to take the toast out of the toaster. Never have I felt so embarrassed and stupid as I did that day. :huh:

:lol: at these recent ones :p.

I just thought of one (the movie I'm watching now brought this memory back to my mind).

Back when I lived in Iowa, I was staying over at a friend's house one night, and another friend was with us. We watched the movie "Tommy Boy".

Um, yeah...I kinda forgot that the girl whose house I was staying at, as well as her mom, were rather religious. My friend didn't mind it so much, but her mom kept making comments about the foul language being used and stuff :reject:.

Angela

Colours4U2 said:
bonosgirls84, I think Xtal was the one who mentioned to change the thread to Duh Moments, just to let you know- should be the one to thank. :)

forgive me if i'm wrong, but are you using an alter to tell me to thank you?

Colours is my friend. She had been looking on this site for awhile.

Anyway I told Sicy I wouldn't respond to someone's posts and neither should Deva. And she's not listening...:shame:

She'll get us both kicked off if she doesn't play nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom