"DUH!" Moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
xtal said:
Got another:
Two girls are walking out of a bar. Noee says, 'Give me the keys, I'll drive, I've only had two drinks.' And Jade goes, 'No, I've only had one drink. And this is my car, so I'll drive.'
Noee whines, 'Fine, hurry up and open the car door then.'
The driver is fiddling with her automatic car door opener and peeking into the car. She notices something. She steps back.
'Uh, this is not my car,' She bursts out laughing.
They look over and the car is parked 2 cars away. People nearby are laughing, not at them, but with them. :wink:

I've actually done that. And I was stone cold sober. :huh:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was at a club (and it wasn't a city I was familiar with, although I doubt that would have helped) and a friend needed a ride back to his hotel after the gig, so I said sure as my hotel was only two blocks from his. I did tell him, however, he was going to have to help with directions getting to his hotel as it took me over an hour and a half to find the club in the first place, and it was only a little over a mile from my hotel.

Amazingly, we found the hotel on the very first try (although I did almost hit the band's van as we were both pulling into the drive from different directions :yikes: ) and I dropped him off and said goodbye (and also managed to arrange to get into soundcheck at the next night's gig :D ). So I'm feeling great as I hop back into my car, pull away from the hotel -- and promptly get lost. Took me almost 30 minutes to find my way back to my hotel only two blocks away. :rolleyes:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had some paintings I needed to get set up for prints, so I contact the printer and arrange to take the paintings to her. It's approximately a 100 mile round trip, but I need the work done as soon as possible, so I hop in the car and drive right up. So I get there, park, get out of the car, open up the trunk...and there is nothing there. I'd forgotten to bring the damned paintings with me! :banghead: What's even worse -- I've done that twice now. :ohmy: :huh:

xtal said:
For Honor: It would have funnier if you had gone on the trip!

I would have enjoyed that too.... but I didn't get to go :|
Hmm, I wonder what celebrity I'd like to spend a vacation with?
I know one person... one of those undiscovered gems :wink:

Hehe funny stuff. Anyone ever have a blonde moment and then make it worse by trying to play it down or weasel out of it? I've gotten really good at that, comes with practise..

A friend of mine (non-blonde) was initially bewildered by sound of the ringing mobile phone buried in the dinosaur poo in Jurassic Park 3. She thought the dinosaurs had become super-intelligent and learned to make outgoing calls. Needless to say although I thought the movie sucked, it was the funniest cinema moment ever and worth every cent of the admission and the slapping I got for laughing fit to burst. She's a dear friend.. that she actually owned up to something like that made me love her even more. :)

Even better, ever since then I've been able to silence her at will in public with as little as a tyrannosaur-like wiggle of my fingers and an evil grin. She made me promise on pain of death that I would never tell anyone of this incident, but here we are. I'm new here so I hope that doesn't constitute a banning offense or something. :)

And xtal you're a genius if manage to slot any of that into your romance comedy novel. Good luck with it by the way. :)

I don't get it. :scratch:
It might be due to the fact that I have only had 4 hours of sleep every night for the past week...or that it's too early for me now.

Did the dino eat a human? Is that why the phone was in his poo?

I don't think I saw Jurassic 3.

Yep. :)

Sorry should have realised I'd be one of the few silly enough to have watched that crap. :p

Um.. hmm.. haven't you seen those new phone covers? The ones made from the mimetic poly-alloy? All-weather protection, man.. even acid!

:whistle:

Bonochick said:
I was trying to come back home after a Ryan Adams concert. After dropping off April, I needed to get on I-75 north to go home. From where I was, Detroit was north of me...but I'm so used to Detroit being south of me that I couldn't wrap my mind around that. So I saw the first on-ramp for I-75...but it was south, as it said it was going towards Toledo. The next on-ramp I saw for I-75 said it was going to Detroit...which, in my head, was also south.

In the early hours of the morning, I called my dad up, crying because I was lost.

Dad: "Just get on I-75 north."

Me: "I can't!"

Dad: "Why not?"

Me: "Both of the I-75s go south!"

Dad: "That's not possible."

Me: "Well, they do! One says it's going towards Toledo, and the other says it's going towards Detroit!"

Dad: "Honey...where are you?"

Me: "A Rite-Aid parking lot."

Dad: "In what city?"

Me: "Allen Park."

Dad: "And where is Detroit in relation to Allen Park?"

Me: "Nor-, ohhhhhhhh...!"

:lol: :reject:

I will never live that one down. That's even worse than the time I got lost for a half hour after my attempt at going to a videostore on my own street got screwed up by me turning the wrong way out of the driveway to begin with. :reject:

You Absolutely Rock!!!:up:

When I think of Blonde Moments I always think of Dolly Parton. She always says she gets tired of being called a Dumb Blonde. She says I sure ain't dumb & I sure as hell ain't blonde. :wink: I was born blonde & am damn proud of it!

Hehe, I was born blonde as well.

But interesting enough, I have a very high IQ, so there goes proof of dumb blondes.

Yesterday I went to go buy beer. I grab into my "purse", which is an oversized bag, and I grab my ID. I give it to the clerk. She starts hysterically laughing and says, "This isn't you!" And I go, "Well yeah it is..." She gives it to her associates, and they all start laughing.
Turns out I grabbed my exboyfriends' ID by mistake and in his ID he has a full on goatee.
I give her the right ID and I scurry out the door, with all of them laughing behind me.

Heh, I'm not blonde, and I've certainly had some "duh!" moments.

One that comes to mind for me: one day, I was hungry and decided to make some toaster strudels. So I go out into the kitchen, get a couple, put 'em in the toaster and push the little thing down.

I go back in the living room, and wait...and wait...and wait. Knowing that toaster strudels don't take that long to cook, I go out to see what the deal is. Did you know that toaster strudels generally tend to heat up better if the toaster is plugged in :p?

I've also gone to make a pizza, and come back later to check on it, and realize that I forgot to turn the oven on.

Angela

I looked at my pics in Pleba and my hair is blonde still???

Let's rename this thread as DUH Moments.

Moonlit_Angel said:
Heh, I'm not blonde, and I've certainly had some "duh!" moments.

One that comes to mind for me: one day, I was hungry and decided to make some toaster strudels. So I go out into the kitchen, get a couple, put 'em in the toaster and push the little thing down.

I go back in the living room, and wait...and wait...and wait. Knowing that toaster strudels don't take that long to cook, I go out to see what the deal is. Did you know that toaster strudels generally tend to heat up better if the toaster is plugged in :p?

I've also gone to make a pizza, and come back later to check on it, and realize that I forgot to turn the oven on.

Angela

Just reminds me: My friend put a pizza in the oven. Minutes later the fire alarm goes off...and we open the oven and she didn't take the pizza out of the delivery box!

:ohmy:

My brunette days. My sis and I used to dye our hair to match each other.

But you know, gentlemen prefer blondes. :wink:

I've already left the cardboard on the bottom of a frozen pizza...which actually reminds me of my worst cooking mishap.

I decided to make spaghetti for dinner, but it was too early to do so, so I figured I'd at least get set up. I placed a pot on the stove and put the lid on it. When it came time to boil the water, I just turned the burner on and left the room for a few minutes. When I returned, I lifted up the lid and realized I had never put water in...I had been heating up an empty pot. The inside was burned black. :lol: :reject:

Bonochick said:
I've already left the cardboard on the bottom of a frozen pizza...which actually reminds me of my worst cooking mishap.

I decided to make spaghetti for dinner, but it was too early to do so, so I figured I'd at least get set up. I placed a pot on the stove and put the lid on it. When it came time to boil the water, I just turned the burner on and left the room for a few minutes. When I returned, I lifted up the lid and realized I had never put water in...I had been heating up an empty pot. The inside was burned black. :lol: :reject:

:lol: :hug:. Aw...

One time I was helping some friends with a school project-I was filming them making a dish for their class-and they accidentally started a small fire on the stove :p.

Ya gotta love cooking mishaps...

Angela

This is an embarrassing moment.

One time I had my boyfriend over at my apartment. We decided to watch the DVD's he brought over. He brought over, much to my surprise and curiosity, a Girls Gone Wild video. We had just started it when my mother called to stop by for a visit.
I turned the television off and I hid the booze that we were drinking in a cabinet. (I know I am over 21 but my mother frowns upon drinking and drugging.)
I totally forgot that the night before my roommate had people over and they smoked pot out of a bong. The bong was put in the medicine cabinet along with a small baggy of weed.

So my mom comes over, helps herself to a glass of water, and when she opens the cabinet - she opens the wrong cabinet and opens the medicine cabinet and sees the bong. She shuts it with a fierce glare at me, and says, "That's not really medicine." Then she opens another cabinet, she sees two beer bottles in there. She grabs a glass and fills it with water. She shuts it and says to a blushing me, "Better not leave that in there or it will rot."
She sits down and glances around. "I'm afraid to look in the fridge." She mutters. She grabs the remote and turns on the television. There are two girls kissing and fondling with each other. I run over, turn off the tv, and I yell, "That's it! Get out! You need to give me a half an hour to MOTHER PROOF my apartment!"

Oh my God, I wanted to die.

xtal said:

Oh my God, I wanted to die.

Oh my, oh my! You poor thing! How did you explain yourself? Did you do the right thing and blame it all on your housemate?

This kind of stuff always seems to happen to me the most.

My friends bought me this huge toy dildo (as a JOKE) for my birthday once and I kept it. When I moved back to my parents, I forgot that I put it in a bag where I kept some other stuff and my stepdad went through it and found it all.
When I was leaving out of state, I was bringing the bag to put in storage and he mentioned something like "I don't think they allow that kind of stuff on the aircraft."

Nothing beats that moment. I seriously wanted to crawl under a rock or something.
But yeah, I try to blame it on others and stuff but humiliation and embarrassment make my tongue too weak to speak.

OMG...:lol:

That reminds me of how in college, I got teased for being a virgin. Around Christmas, we all had stockings on our dorm room doors for Secret Santa, and everybody kept filling mine with condoms...and some would even tape them to my door. There were a few taped on my door one day as I was passing by, so I ripped them off and shoved them in my jacket pocket. I completely forgot about them...until later that week. Before class, I was talking to some guys, and one of them asked me if I had any gum. I stuck my hand in my jacket pocket, and when I pulled it out...some condoms fell out. :eek: The guy was like, "I said GUM!!!!" :lol:

Which reminds me of a similar incident...not necessarily a blonde moment, but quite embarrassing...

I had gone back to my hometown for a visit. I knew one of my best friends was working at a convenience store, so I figured I'd pop in and surprise her. I barged through the doors and loudly announced, "I'm back in town, and I'm gonna need a whole case of condoms!!!" I then realized that my friend's very religious dad was standing next to her. :uhoh: :lmao:

Gosh, nothing quite that bad has ever happened to me, thank goodness. The most embarrassing momment I head was getting off the bus on day with some shopping. I dropped my bag and out fell a packet of tampax, just right in front of a cute looking guy waiting at the bus stop.

A bit embarrassing but not quite in the league of condoms or toy dildos!!!!!!!!

I'm not a blond...but I am sure I have had some of those moments...I just have to think of some...

My aunt who is a blonde was driving from Florida to NH once...this was a while ago, anyway...she thought from florida if you just went North you'd hit NH....well she ended up in Ohio and couldn't get home to NH and called my mom and made my mom come get her. My mom was pregnant with me at the time:lmao:

my aunt is a really smart person but kinda wild and thought the whole thing was a big fun party when my mom got to Ohio:lmao:my mom didn't even get out of the car she just opened the door and said"get in" and didn't speak to my aunt the whole ride back:lmao:

LOL, your mom acting cool, hehehe too funny.

My most embarassing moment that I can recall when I had bought my new car, my dad came with me to the sellers' to arrange the paperwork and stuff, ya know, the man-questions about the car.
(I just knew that it was whine-red and that I liked it, lol).

I had taken the audio/cassette (yeah yeah I know, still don't have a car CD-player yet) out of my old car, with a Snoop/Dr Dré tape still in there.
Now I don't remember what the album is called, but one of the tracks is basically like the audio of a perrrn movie - girls moaning, guys groaning, you get the idea.
I always fastforward that song cuz it gives me the creeps :angel:

Ok, so the garage-man installs the tape recorder into the new car, is folding over connecting the wires, was having a bit of a hard time with it when all of a sudden the thing connects and there's LOUD MOANING AND GROANING blasting out of the speakers!!!

My dad was in utter shock, the salesman was red like this :combust: and I was off searching for the nearest rock to crawl under :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom