drowning in 'Drowning Man'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfeden

Refugee
calm down, cold resides with me. I flee to decembe
I have no idea where this .....gloom.... is coming from, (maybe I can blame it on my Irish heritage, no?)

....and for the last few days I keep listening to that one song over_and_over_and_over and even though I first heard it over 20 years ago I'm somehow hearing all these new things in it now, layers of sound and voices that I never knew were there, and something in me grows sadder still that this clarity of voice that he once had is gone, that those days of youth are gone for them - and me -
....but I keep hitting play, and even as he's singing 'take my hand....' I feel like I'm slipping under and never coming back up.....

Are we seen as the gloomy type? :slant:

I think everyone goes through periods of feeling a bit down. :hug:

:hug: I agree with Lara...we all feel down a little bit...might be the weather too if it's not nice out...or just something inside.

Lara....Not really lol...I think the Irish are very happy people...and I noticed this for one reason...when it rains in Ireland :crack: Everybody heads to the local pub cos there's nothing else to do since it's raining... :shrug: Not everybody tho...although with all that rain and cold I could see it causing people to be gloomy...I honestly was the happiest i'd ever been LOL :D

I think we have been pretty lucky, it has only rained once (for about 3 days though :lol: ) in the past few weeks :up:
Everyone is happy because they are drunk :up:

That's great....I think I picked the worst time to go honestly cos I think there was only 5 or 6 days with sunshine the whole 4 months I was there :huh: LOL And it was freezing cold everyday.

Oh yeah and I think I was drunk almost everyday too :reject: :shame: But there was nothing else to do! I didn't work or anything lmao...my job was to go to the studio, drink guinness and walk around the city all day

Back
Top Bottom