drinking whiskey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMScoopy

Refugee
who else here when they drink whiskey gets real pissed off? happens every time i drink it, after several drinks or shots i get real hyper and anything will set me off for some reason, and shit ends up getting broken. on the other hand, when i drink beer, i get real happy and talkative. anyone else this way?

when i sit back and think about it, it's pretty funny how whiskey makes people pissed off. :laugh:

i brought this up cause i turn 21 next week, and i got a 5th of whiskey as an early present. i like whiskey a lot, but i tend to slide down the slippery slope of drinking with the hard stuff.

Last edited:
Ah, you're an agressive drinker. This is an early warning sign for you.
when i sit back and think about it, it's pretty funny how whiskey makes people pissed off. :laugh:
I dont know what's sadder; that this shows your ignorance, or that you dont care what the effects might one day become. Anger and alcohol shouldn't be comedy for you. Stick to beer and take care of yourself, dude.

I had an uncle who would get really angry even if he had only one beer. His body just didn't have the tolerance level for any alcohol. If this is what happens to you JM when you drink whiskey than I would give it up. You may unintentionally hurt yourself or someone else when you drink this stuff.

no, i have real good tolerance. im a pretty big dude, 6'3" and about 185 lbs. it takes a lot of booze, and i mean a lot, to get sloppy drunk.

i've only gotten sloppy drunk maybe 3 times, and those were times when i drank enough alcohol to probably kill a small person. these were around the end of freshman year in college 2 years ago. since then i've been pretty careful with the hard stuff and i've tried to cut down on my sauce intake since then until my 21st, to avoid getting in any more trouble.

btw, angela harlem, i havent drank at all this semester, except spring break, since january when i got in trouble. so no, im not an aggressive drinker, anymore. or at least not until next week. :wink:

Last edited:
I've got some friends who shouldnt drink - or at least, not drink excessively. They get very paranoid and aggressive - as if the whole world is against them. Know your limits is what i say.

As for whiskey - well, gets me well drunk - not a fan but taking saturday as an example - 5 shots after a load of guinness in some random bar in Chicago. The next day was not pretty. No sign of aggressiveness though. Just whimpering.

JMScoopy said:

:lmao:

big difference between wine coolers and whiskey

Drinking to get totally trashed and act all pissed off = pretty much the lamest thing ever, but whatever. It's your money. :shrug:

i drink cause i like the taste, not to get shitfaced. i like the taste of beer and i like the taste of whiskey and pepsi. however too many jack and pepsis tend to make me rambunctious and irritable.

i personally hate whiskey...but thats just me.

I really have a problem with college students who drink alot (my gf is one of those people...she goes out like 4-5 times a week). (yes, I'm in college too) it's perfectly cool to go out and have a good time and drink once and a while, but you really have to know your limits. Getting angry after drinking isn't cool, neither is getting so loaded that you can't walk. it's not funny at all, and anyone who actually thinks it is funny or even worse, does that on a regular basis really needs to grow up, accept responsibility, and get help. It's really easy to fall into the alcohol trap, esp while in college, and the bottom line is college isn't a big frat party (contrary to popular belief). The road to becoming a professional, the road to becoming an adult, begins your first day of college. What you do from here on out will determine what kind of person you'll become once you graduate.

I'm not necessarily saying you're like that, but I know plenty of people who are.

BTW, I'll be down at IUP next weekend...

JMScoopy said:
i drink cause i like the taste, not to get shitfaced. i like the taste of beer and i like the taste of whiskey and pepsi. however too many jack and pepsis tend to make me rambunctious and irritable.

Worse than drinking Whiskey?

Seriously though, if you notice drinking something is causing a negative effect on you, why would you continue drinking it?

JMScoopy said:

btw, angela harlem, i havent drank at all this semester, except spring break, since january when i got in trouble. so no, im not an aggressive drinker, anymore. or at least not until next week. :wink:

just wanted to post this again since people seem to mistakingly think i drink every night or something.

I probably drink more than you do - I probably go to pub or bar or to some sort of function that has alcohol. I can also drink an awful lot without getting wasted - 5 whiskeys, 10 pints of Guinness on Saturday night alone, and I was fine (well, was drunk, but a happy drunk). The point is, if I wasn't fine or if I was doing something that affected other people or was getting aggressive, no matter how often you drink, its time for a re-think.

wow, did i praise that 1st post wrong! :banghead:

look, the point of this thread was not to give me advice on my drinking, it was asking if whiskey makes anyone else angry if they drink a lot of it. i've heard lots of people say whiskey makes them agressive/angry if they have too much.

i dont even drink hard stuff to often, mostly beer. when i do im careful not to go to the dark side. the only times i got pissed off is when i drank more than i could handle, which was only like 3 times like 2 years ago freshman year (as i stated eariler)

Last edited:
edited so that 'through' did not equal 'throw'... and I'm an english student... argh

Alcohol, I'm sure we can all agree, lowers inhibitions. It takes down the barriers that you put up to prevent yourself from doing things. This is all alcohol does in terms of emotional state, to the best of my knowledge, although it can amount to the amplification of emotional states because the imbiber loses the ability to control those emotions.

In my experience, your mood when you're drunk reflects your mood before you started drinking. If you aren't happy when you're sober, your unhappiness/fear/anger/whatever will show through when you're drunk.

That failing, of course, it could just be that you've bought into the 'whiskey makes you angry, beer makes you mellow, tequila makes you easy, etc' stereotypes -- what I mean is, someone told you that whiskey makes people angry, so you drink whiskey, and then you make yourself feel angry and convince yourself that you are angry simply because you're drinking whiskey and "that's what whiskey does to people, it makes them angry". Of course you feel angry, you're drinking whiskey and that's what whiskey does... certainly, it's the whiskey's fault and has nothing to do with the people drinking it.

There's absolutely no inherent properties to any particular beer or whiskey or whatever that makes you feel certain emotions. That's all in your head. If you want to blame it on the booze and dispense with accountability altogether then fine, but if you're acting like a dipshit shitdisturber when you're drunk its because you want to be a shitdisturbing drunk and not because of anything in the liquor.

Scotch and Rye are my liquors of choice, but angry when drunk I am not.

no, i'm sure that whiskey makes 100% of earths population angry when they drink it.

well since beer is different than whiskey, and whiskey is different than tequilla, rum, gin, etc etc, couldn't it be that different types of booze affect people in different ways physically? i doubt its all mental.

but i will agree that your mood prior to drinking can affect your drunken state of mind.

JMScoopy said:
wow, did i praise that 1st post wrong! :banghead:

look, the point of this thread was not to give me advice on my drinking, it was asking if whiskey makes anyone else angry if they drink a lot of it. i've heard lots of people say whiskey makes them agressive/angry if they have too much.

i dont even drink hard stuff to often, mostly beer. when i do im careful not to go to the dark side. the only times i got pissed off is when i drank more than i could handle, which was only like 3 times like 2 years ago freshman year (as i stated eariler)

Mate, people getting affected by lots of different types of alcohol. Your the first I have heard that gets affected by whiskey to the extent that you get aggressive. Not a good trait - time to find a new drink.

i guess i'll throw in these spring break pics just for laughs

n23100597_30276742_6852.jpg

that's a 2nd story window BTW. there was a little ledge on the outside i decided to venture out onto. this was the result:

n23100597_30276743_7175.jpg

no, i wasnt hurt, it was fun.

Last edited:
JMScoopy said:
i guess i'll throw in these spring break pics just for laughs

n23100597_30276742_6852.jpg

that's a 2nd story window BTW. there was a little ledge on the outside i decided to venture out onto. this was the result:

n23100597_30276743_7175.jpg

no, i wasnt hurt, it was fun.

I'll bet your folks are quite proud of you too, eh?

To sit here and brag about your drinking when you are underage is a stupid thoughtless immature thing to do. Best of luck to you in your future, man....if you don't change your habits it will get worse before you know it and you could end up dead, or kill others. How would that make you feel?

Seriously, and I say this to all young people who think it soooo cool to drink and get shitfaced puking drunk. It's not worth it. You are killing brain cells and alcohol is not healthy. There are so many other healthy and fun activities to be doing rather than having pissing contests with alcohol. And whiskey at your young age...tsk tsk tsk......:rolleyes: :shame:

ETA: My father was an alcoholic and died resulting from health problems related to his alcoholism. Hope your luck is different.

JMScoopy said:
no, i'm sure that whiskey makes 100% of earths population angry when they drink it.

If you're so sure, then why even raise the question? :scratch:

Whiskey isn't my drink of choice, but the times I've had it, it didn't make me an aggressive drunk. :shrug:

I do have warning flags of my own, though. For me, I need to be held accountable for the amount I drink. I never tend to draw the line. This is pretty scary, and it's gotten me in plenty of situations I regret. You ("you" in the general sense, I'm not singling you out) really need to evaluate your drinking and its effects on your behavior, and react accordingly. It's completely individual--I wouldn't attribute the aggressiveness you experience to the whiskey, rather to some trait within you. Anyone else who becomes aggressive while drinking whiskey likely shares similar traits or tendencies. Not identical, but similar nonetheless.

JMScoopy said:
who else here when they drink whiskey gets real pissed off?

Not me. If I knew that drinking whiskey would cause me to get really pissed off, I would drink something else. If I REALLY loved whiskey though...I would only allow myself small amounts. Being angry and drunk can be a BAD combination. :no:

That first pic, I thought you were in a bathtub. That would have been funnier:wink:

PS, stay off the whiskey. If it makes you angry, then what's the point? Life's too short.

It also can make those around you uncomfortable as well. And we wouldn't want that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom