Dr.Henry Jekyl lives within us

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Multiple personality disorders anyone?

• I'm exactly the same here as in the outside world

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • I change a couple things to make myself my interesting

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Almost completely different but I like to hang unto some of my personality!

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Iam a regular ol' Dr.Jekyl and Mr.Hyde scenario

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • What's an outside world?

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
howdy,
I was thinking the other day and I began to wonder if I'm the same here as I am in the "real world"...if one of you met me, would you be surprised.

In my case I don't think people would be surprised once they got to know me, my personality is pretty much transferrable to real life.
I'm an odd - sometimes nonsensical - person and my humour is pretty unique sometimes.
However, I am easy to talk to and have serious conversations with as well.

I am quite and resevered around people who I just meet or don't know...but that quickly changes once I am comfortable around you.

BE HONEST!

I'm crazy here and crazy in real life! :D

Though I admit, when I first meet people in real life, I tone things down and am not as outgoing...I don't want to freak them out! But here, everybody gets to experience BC at high volume! :D

I voted for the same. I figure some people are gonna like me and other people aren't gonna like me no matter where I go, so why change myself?

The same as in real life (i guess, if you wanted to get a real insight in me you'd have to ask people that know me in real life), except on same occasions with a certain kind of humor involved - there, being on the internet seems to make me braver than i usually would be. :D

I'm pretty much the same on here as in "real life". People here react differently to things than they do in real life. I gues thats because it is kind of difficult to start a fist-fight online.

Oh, and it's VERY rare that i would start up an topic to talk about when i'm around people...it's more like i'm a listener - guess in that way i'd mostly be like myself in real life here if i only replied to other people's topics but not started my own.

Last edited:
Basstrap said:
I'm an odd - sometimes nonsensical - person and my humour is pretty unique sometimes.

I am quite and resevered around people who I just meet or don't know...but that quickly changes once I am comfortable around you.

Yeah, Im like that. Odd, yes, nonsensical, you betcha, unique, fo shizzy... Im really quite screwed up to the point of comedy actually... Im just as messed up IRL as on this board, however, I have less inhibitions of talking to people I dont know on the board than I do irl. Irl, Im extreemly shy/quiet around people I dont know and am not comfortable with. However, with my actual friends, Im a freakin live wire of comedy and idiocy lol... I dunno... Its all good though... Im a little different when with ladies too, but I shant go there... no need for the hopeless romantic crap. Bah.

I believe the reason for that is as follows; On message boards, you dont know the people, have to deal with them on the same level, theres not the same kind of acceptance, and its just easier to say stuff without having to witness peoples reactions. Im the same on IMs, I can talk a lot more freely, even if it is in real time, theres just not the same interaction as in a real conversation.

Im actually kinda depressive in real life too... although i dont know how that manifests itself on this board... other than my cynicism and bitterness... oh well... lets NOT talk about me.

Last edited:
I like IRL
thats a good term

I'm also very depressive
DAMN YOU WOMEN!!!

I'd say for the most part I'm pretty much like my personality here as I am in real life.

Usually I'm a little more shy around people I first meet, and like Bono's Shades, I think I am a bit more outgoing on the net than in real life as well, about some things anyway.

Ummm...I didnt vote, but I'd say that there are a few ways in which I am quite different in real life...

A couple of examples would be that I'm not quite the fiend or the slut that I appear to be to some people on here. In real life, I'm only that way when i really have reason to be! :sexywink:

I'd say that I'm basically the same online as I am in real life. I'm usually shy around people I don't know well and then gradually get more comfortable, but the shyness thing doesn't really apply online.

Re: Re: Dr.Henry Jekyl lives within us

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
Im the same on IMs, I can talk a lot more freely, even if it is in real time, theres just not the same interaction as in a real conversation.

yeah.....that's why i wish i could talk in person with all the ppl i im........:huh:

i'm the same.....i can be crazy, but i'm also very serious at times....

I'm very, very, very shy in real life, and very depressive and cynical. Sometimes I act like I do here, but only around people I know very well and am comfortable with. :eek:

In my case I don't think people would be surprised once they got to know me, my personality is pretty much transferrable to real life.

:yes: That's the way I am as well. I'm more serious (usually) in real life than I am here.

Almost completely different, but I like to hang----blah, blah....
But not because I want to be more interesting - I know I am not :D - but because I have different personalities everywhere anyway. In school I'm an entire different person than I am at home - being together with my brother makes me a cool person and when I'm hanging around on Interefernc------well you know how I'm here :lol: ...........I think I have only four different personalities...... :scratch:

Back
Top Bottom