don't understand, will never understand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
i don't understand my calculus homework. i will probably fail calc II, especially after the horrible midterm we just had...

i've never been really good at math, but usually after a while i get it. i cannot use this stupid substitution rule to evaluate integrals. i suck. :reject:

just want to tell you all that i surrender to the world of scary mathematics. they won.

Last edited:
math sucks.

when i walk in math class, i've got a smile on my face, when i leave, i leave with a frown, a headache and a sinking feeling in my gut. its depressing.

I never took algebra, calculous, geometry hell I cant even spell them :|

I have a good job though and I dont need math :wave:

Sicy said:
I never took algebra, calculous, geometry hell I cant even spell them :|
:

:laugh: Poor Sicy! :sexywink:

I hate math... but once I apply myself and I spend like 5 hours a week in the math lab and oh 6 hours the day before an exam I'm ok! I know I can get this.. but Math sucks! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it! And I hate math majors! :angry: NERDS!

I'm gonna go and do math home work now actually! :sigh: :scream: :scream:

Math is evil!

Hey,

They made me take Calc up till 2nd year uni.

And it's STILL never come in handy. Not once, not ever.

Now, you'd think, if it was a prgram requirement, at some poin I might have to evaluate an integral, right?

Nope, never. The most I've had to do was multipy stuff on a calculator.

Math = :barf:

Sicy said:
549854 4879742652 5265488899911166 26262 :sexywink:

:scratch:

:laugh:

You know as you go higher in math... there's no numbers.. its all freakin' letters! :huh:

Math :scream:

Why do people major in math? Cause they are nuts!! :angry: Actually, I like math majors.. well... they are good people!! A liltte :coocoo: though! :D

I am very good at math and use it evvery day all day at work (esp. converting Imperial to damn metric) however, I sucked at calculus.

I sucked at calculus from I - III and I was even worse at Differential Equations. It was a concept I never grasped, doing calculus "backwards." Since I never 'got' calculus, doing it backwards made no sense to me whatsoever.

In any event I am in a profession that is quite math intensive and I have never, and I repeat never had to use calculus, nor do I ever see myself having to ever use it.

F Calculus...

IWasBored said:
i've never been really good at math, but usually after a while i get it. i cannot use this stupid substitution rule to evaluate integrals.

integration by substitution is something that took me forever to get...it's just a matter of substituting the right thing...which i always got by trial and error...:huh:

i don't think i'll ever have to take math again...(((science)))...(((ap credit)))...

well, i got a f-ing 46 on my exam...the class average was a whopping 55%...the guy sitting next to me when we got our exams back got a 37...

and of course the professor blamed us for not asking questions...it didn't seem to register that he hadn't taught us how to do the stuff....

hmmmm

Okay...this is going to be embarrassing:der:
I rocked at Calculus. Any freakin kind of calculus. I never got lower than a 98 in Calculus. :lmao: :crack:
Calculus is one strange kind of math...it truly is either you "get" it or you "don't". And unless you're setting out to solve the universe, it truly is a waste of your fookin time.
Do your best..and that's all you can do. Look at it this way, this will be probably be the last time you have to deal with the hell that is calculus.
Don't get me wrong. I didn't love calculus. In fact I hated it. I found it the most mundane thing one could ever study. But it did help form what is science and technology of today...so to that I give it props. But dammit, in today's world...it very rarely comes in handy...it was heavily used centuries ago...and in my opinion, should have stayed THERE.:lol: :der:

i don't even have to deal with it now, i'm taking this class cos i'm a big dork and wanted to take it.

why the hell am i taking it??

oh yeah, cos when i was in 8th grade i thought hyperbolic parabaloids were the coolest thing ever. see? i TOLD you i'm a dork!

I learned enough math to do well in high school and score high enough on the ACT and SAT to get out of taking in college. Now I can't even add anymore. :uhoh:

IWasBored said:
i don't even have to deal with it now, i'm taking this class cos i'm a big dork and wanted to take it.

why the hell am i taking it??

oh yeah, cos when i was in 8th grade i thought hyperbolic parabaloids were the coolest thing ever. see? i TOLD you i'm a dork!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought those were cool too!! :hyper:
Yep. I'm a dork. You and I. Dorks. Welcome to dorkdome:|

Back
Top Bottom