Don't Talk To Strangers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
But sometimes you should and it can be pretty amazing. Last night I called this helpline number that someone gave me. It was late and I was in a very bad place emotionally. My life situation is very lonely and sad so much of the time.

This guy answered and he was just the best. I told him about so much going on in my life and he said all the right things and he truly listened . It wasn't fake or rehearsed, it was just SO real. One of the best conversations I've ever had in my life.

We got on the topic of football and he said his wife says she'd leave him for Tom Brady. I don't know, from what I could tell his wife must be one lucky woman. I have no idea how old he was, I just know his name and one thing about him...what he used to do for a living.

It's sad but true, at least for me, that you can have some of the best conversations and the best support from strangers. I never knew what "the kindness of strangers" truly meant until the past three years. It was always just another cliche to me. Plus I was just too closed off to be open to it.

It doesn't even seem that people have meaningful conversations on a real human level anymore. It's really hard for me because I'm guarded and can't let myself be judged and hurt any more than I have been lately and in the past . I never thought I could even make a call like that. But over the past three years I have a few times. Last night was the first time that it made a real difference for me.

If anyone here ever feels they need to make a call like that, take a risk...it might be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom