Don't know how to explain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mariana

The Fly
This is the first time I post here.. Actually, I've made one reply, but I've never post...

This past days have been quite hard to me, because I'm missing two important and special people in my life, one is my great grandpa, who died some years ago, but I loved him so, I love him still, and sometimes he appears in my dreams, and I wake up crying, like just this week, I like dreaming with him, because is some kind of way I have to see him, and like kill the miss he does to me, but sometimes, the dream become so "real" that I start crying and it afects my life.
The other person is my boyfriend, who lives in another country, so it makes me miss him a lot.. and I also cry, because he's my best friend, and when I most need him, he's not here..

And so, when I listen to U2, or only Bono singing, seems the pain or the sadness that it's in my heart goes away, I don't know how to explain, seems that Bono somehow is with me, telling me that everything is gonna turn out fine.. Maybe is a fan thing, but I've spoke to a fan, friend of my, she said when she's sad she listen to U2 and she becomes more sad than she was already.. and a woman who I spoke with told me I was sensitive, that everything I used to see with my heart and not only with my eyes, and that would make me suffer sometimes, but that if I knew how to deal with it, I could live happy...

And you may say is just a song, but it's not, it's more than a song.. I don't know he does that (Bono), I just wish I could thank him for making me feel comfortable in this hard times, making me feel save...

Sometimes I wish I wasn't that sensitive... :sad:

Both of my parents are gone, my father since 1994, and my Mom since 2000. I often see them in my dreams, and it's so vivid, that it's almost like I had a live visit with them. At first it was upsetting, but I like to think it's their way of telling me that they're peaceful & happy....and are still watching over me even though they're not here on earth anymore.

When you have these dreams about your Grandpa, try and think of it that way. He's still watching over you...

:hug:mariana:hug: You're gonna think I'm crazy, but my Grandpa's ghost/spirit still hangs around mf grandma's/aunt's/cousin's house. They even talk to him. Night before last he scared the you-know-what outta my cousin's boyfriend :lmao: I guess what I'm trying to say is although, his physical self is not around, he'll always be with you. Take comfort that he'll be watching over you as NonoBabe said. These dreams you've been having may be his way of trying to get in contact with you. :hug:

Thanks :) I'm feeling better now.. sometimes, I just need to open myself with somebody...

:hug:
I'm glad you did post mariana...welcome.
A sensitive heart can sometimes make life seem sad and difficult but it can also allow such beauty to be found, that others, less sensitive may miss. Rise up:)
I think you are lucky to have had the love of your grandpa and that his spirit still guides you. Your love for one another must be very powerful.
I wish you well with your long distance romance.
I know what you mean about U2 and Bono. Their music manifests the love and sensitive beauty that exists in this world. We are very lucky they have shared it with us all.

Viva U2

Ditto on what everyone else has said Mariana. :hug: We never forgot those who leave us physically, and it sounds like your grandpa is still looking over you showing you he misses you too.
You're lucky to have U2's music give you so much comfort too. While Bono may not write something specifically for any purpose, what comes across to you matches what you feel. That's a good thing. Let it comfort you as it has done.
:hug:

I'm sorry mariana

It is difficult to be sensitive, but it definitely beats the alternative of being an insensitive, uncaring human being. I think sensitive people are wonderful.

Take care sweetie :hug:

I miss my Nan and Grandad still...I think music is a great healer...it helps me get through bad times sooo much that I don't think I could live without music!

cass said:

A sensitive heart can sometimes make life seem sad and difficult but it can also allow such beauty to be found, that others, less sensitive may miss. Rise up:)

Thanks for posting Mariana. I am like you in that I am sensitive to things I care about and when I am emotional and I listen to U2's music it often moves me to tears- out of happiness and sadness at the same time! I know what you mean :hug:

I wish you the best of luck and love and strength for your long-distance relationship. I am in one as well and my boyfriend is here for the summer, and it has just been wonderful to be with him and we've been savoring every moment together- hold on, it won't be long! :heart:

:hug: Olive

Yay! Sista!! *hugs* Yea.. he called me yesterday (on Sunday) his computer broke, and he comfort me about my dream as all who posted.. thanks *hugs everyone* I'm already getting over it..

Awww....glad to hear you're feeling better....let's post a few Bono pics to make ya feel even BETTER :sexywink:

My favorite Oh-My-God-Lookit-Those-Eyes-That-Hair-I-Need-A-Cold-Shower pic:

bono5.jpg

bono375.jpg

Back
Top Bottom