Does anyone know what i might have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lozy9876

The Fly
I'm a teenager and i've been having all these weird symptoms. I'm scared to go to the doctor cause i hate going and im scared what i have is really bad.
Okay well first of all:

i've been have this pins and needles/burning feeling in my fingers and under my eyes. I then had this numbness in my neck and in my legs. Now my face has been feeling numb and i've been feeling really tired. This morning i woke up and felt like i was going to puke.

This has been going on for just over a week. :(

Does anyone know what i have or may have or any advice.

Thanks.

Go to the doctor.

That's my advice. Even if you hate going, or are afraid of what you will find out. Go anyway. It's the first step to feeling better.

Go make an appointment. Now.

are you more afraid of going to the doctor or of getting worse?

i know it isn't easy, but if you avoid seeking help you're probably not going to feel much better. i hope you decide to get checked out.

lozy9876 said:
I'm a teenager and i've been having all these weird symptoms. I'm scared to go to the doctor cause i hate going and im scared what i have is really bad.
Okay well first of all:

i've been have this pins and needles/burning feeling in my fingers and under my eyes. I then had this numbness in my neck and in my legs. Now my face has been feeling numb and i've been feeling really tired. This morning i woke up and felt like i was going to puke.

This has been going on for just over a week. :(

Does anyone know what i have or may have or any advice.

Thanks.

A Doctor is your best bet, the peace of mind will be well worth it. Any chance you could be pregnant? :ohmy:

I thought of pregnancy too.

you just need to make an appointment. It's best not to mess around.

:hug:

Any time you have constant numbness or tingling it can be serious. You really need to see a doctor. It could only get worse if you dont see a doctor. It could also be something as a simple medication you can take. We cant diagnose an illness over the internet.

Sicy said:
We cant diagnose an illness over the internet.

yeah...they took our license's away from us :mad: :(

:lol: sorry I couldnt resist. Anyway, start out with a home pregnancy test or such, otherwise you may want to go to a chiropractor or something to see about nerve pinching or damage. I work for a rehab facility, so we've seen cases that sound similar to yours. But I'd start with the pregnancy test and then go to the chiro or family doc.

Good luck! and don't just let this go.....get some medical advice.

You really really need to see a doctor about this. I know that going to a doctor isn't the most fun thing to do, and especially when you hate going... But a doctor is the only person right now who can tell you what is going on, and if it's bad or not. So go see a doctor. Don't be afraid :)

Nobody is scarder of doctors than me. I'd personally rather drop dead and not know it than sit there and be told some bad news. I couldn't take it.

I am worried about you because some of those symptoms sound like early signs of MS. I hope not. :hug:

I wouldn't wait for a doctor's appointment, I'd suggest going to a local Emergency Room or a Medical Clinic to be seen. Numbness and tingling is nothing to waste time wondering about. Get it checked out ASAP.

Thanks everyone for reading and replying. :hug:
I'm going to the doctors tomorrow arghh im scared but its better to find out what it is.
I'll report back tomorrow after the doctors.

Butterscotch said:

I am worried about you because some of those symptoms sound like early signs of MS. I hope not. :hug:

I don't think it's wise to be saying "it sounds like early signs of MS." Don't get lozy all worked up over that. The best they can do is go see a physician soon.

Doctors tend to know more about medical issues than people on the internet, so it was a good call.

I'm back from the doctors.
It wasn't as scary as i thought he just wanted to know what was numb and all that stuff and then he said i should go see a neurologist.

So now i have to wait for a letter from the neurologist telling me my appoinment time.

Thanks again to all the people who have replyed.:hug:

Thanks for all the replies. :hug:
I went to the doctors again on Tuesday and i had a blood test, Yesterday i giot my results and it turns out i have high iron. They made me have another blood test just to check again but the doctor said its a problem with my liver. I get the next set of blood test results next week but he thinks i might have something called 'hemochromatosis'. My uncle has that aswell so i guess its most likely id have that. So if i do i have to give blood every year and donate it so my iron levels keep low.
I'll report back when i find out my next results.
Thanks again everyone. :)

lozy9876 said:
I get the next set of blood test results next week but he thinks i might have something called 'hemochromatosis'.

We just talked about that in my Pathology class the other day!

Feel better!

lozy9876 said:
Thanks for all the replies. :hug:
I went to the doctors again on Tuesday and i had a blood test, Yesterday i giot my results and it turns out i have high iron. They made me have another blood test just to check again but the doctor said its a problem with my liver. I get the next set of blood test results next week but he thinks i might have something called 'hemochromatosis'. My uncle has that aswell so i guess its most likely id have that. So if i do i have to give blood every year and donate it so my iron levels keep low.
I'll report back when i find out my next results.
Thanks again everyone. :)

Wow! good job going to the dr. Hang in there with all the upcoming appointments! I had something random come out of nowhere a couple years ago and I promise you that even after all the dr. diagnosis' and whatnot, your life will return to normal. :hug: Hang in there!

Well i finally got anwsers.
I went to hospital 2 months ago for two weeks and they did a number of tests to try and figure out what was wrong. My liver was inflammed which they found that out from the ultrasound but still no anwser as to what i had. I did like a MRI scan only it was on my liver cause they thought maybe the bile duct was blocked but it wasnt. After two weeks of blood tests and stuff they sent me home. By this time my body had been building up with fluid as well.

I got a letter with an appoinment to see my consultant for the 21st of November but i could hardly walk because of all the fluid so i went back to the hospital in emergency. They told me the consultant would call me the next day to move the booking. So then after he called the next day i had to go to pathology and get a blood test and then go to an eye clinic for some eye test for wilsons disease.

After the blood test i went to the eye place and the doctor was like 'Oh my god" ive never seen this before. They rang my consultant at the hospital and he wanted me to be admitted again. From the 1st of November till Wednesday last week ive been in hospital. I was diagnosed with Wilsons disease which is where the liver cant get rid of copper and then it builds up and can spread to the brain and stuff. Ive been having daily blood tests and the medicine im on makes my platlet count low so ive had to be monitored.

Theres no cure for it but its managable. I have to have tablets for the rest of my life and if i don't it will spread and then it can become really serious. Im lucky cause they caught it early. The worst thing is, is the disease is really rare. Its 1 in every 30,000 people are born with it but it doesnt come out until your 13-20.

With me living in Australia we dont have the new medicine and the one im on penicillimine has lots of side effects so i've had to fight to get it and get it through the red tape so we can get trientine which is a newer one.

Sorry that was so long lol. I'm going back to hospital tomorrow cause were still waiting on medicine and no doubt ill be admitted again.:(

Wow. :ohmy: You've had quite a couple of months.

I'm glad you got a definate diagnosis and it can be controlled. Sucks that you are having bad side effects from the meds though. Hope the new medicine does a better job for you. :hug:

I was reading the initial post and had a good idea it was Wilson's...I'm actually in medical school now and our professor was telling us a few weeks ago how rare Wilson's is, but it is important to know about since we will most likely run into a patient with this disease. One of the main characteristics of Wilson's is the Kayser-Fleischer ring around the cornea, although it is not necessary. As I'm sure your doctor has told you, you have to avoid food with copper, such as chocolate and nuts, and also taking a supplement of Vitamin B6, in addition to your medication. I'm really glad you saw your doctor when you did and wish you the best...God bless.

Back
Top Bottom